Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
2021 - 2040 of 2050 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks, I’m on the fence about the wheels though. I do like them and have the Crux Moto blackout kit but am afraid that they will come off in the car wash. I was wondering if anyone ever installed the decals and shot them with a good coat of clear if they will hold up. I really want these off the 22 Civic, I feel like the 18’s would ride better if I got some higher quality tires. The cheap OEM Goodyears are almost as loud as the run flats on my BMW! But if I’m going to drop 1200 on some Michelins it may may sense to get the 18”s. I wish there were more take offs around at a decent price. I’m in no hurry so I’m sure I’ll figure it out. If anyone has any suggestions I’m all ears! I really appreciate this forum, it’s fantastic to find such helpful people all in one place!
Have you considered the 17” wheels that come on the current EXL? If you go that route you’ll have wheels from another Accord model and not from a Civic. They are 17“ but will give you more protection against potholes. I agree with you on those OEM Goodyears. They are noisy! I currently have the same Michelins that come on the 2.0T on my car and they are a night and day difference compared to the Goodyears I had on my Accord. You’ll probably be happier with Michelin tires.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Those wheels are the same as the civic, the only difference is the color. I do like them if can can find a set for a reasonable price I’d pull the trigger.
Oh, ok. Thanks. I’m not that familiar with the Civic and EXL.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Accord EXL wheels
Where are you located? I have a set for sale locally. They are 17x7.5" and come with Michelin CrossClimate2 tires. Less than 5,000 miles on them. I am in SE Wisconsin.

They are from a 2020 Accord EX/EXL. I bought them from a Honda dealer who took them off of a new car when the buyer opted for the accessory Honda wheels. I wanted the two-toned look of the Sport's 19" wheels- so I had a local shop refinish them to have a gloss black/machined look that better fit the look of the Sport trim level. I loved the 19" wheels that came on my Accords in spring/summer/fall... but the OEM tires were horrible in the snow- so I used this set which provided much better all-season traction.

I used them for about a month on my Platinum White 2019 Accord Sport and then for about five months on my Sonic Gray 2021 Accord Touring.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

More details in the classified section:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Where are you located? I have a set for sale locally. They are 17x7.5" and come with Michelin CrossClimate2 tires. Less than 5,000 miles on them. I am in SE Wisconsin.

They are from a 2020 Accord EX/EXL. I bought them from a Honda dealer who took them off of a new car when the buyer opted for the accessory Honda wheels. I wanted the two-toned look of the Sport's 19" wheels- so I had a local shop refinish them to have a gloss black/machined look that better fit the look of the Sport trim level. I loved the 19" wheels that came on my Accords in spring/summer/fall... but the OEM tires were horrible in the snow- so I used this set which provided much better all-season traction.

I used them for about a month on my Platinum White 2019 Accord Sport and then for about five months on my Sonic Gray 2021 Accord Touring.
View attachment 541745
View attachment 541747

More details in the classified section:

I would jump on these if I were looking for Honda 17” wheels. I started to tell him to ask you about these but didn’t know if you still had them.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I would jump on these if I were looking for Honda 17” wheels. I started to tell him to ask you about these but didn’t know if you still had them.
They have just been gathering dust in my garage. I recently posted them on Facebook Marketplace because I don't think that anyone here was interested in them.

I'll take them down or mark them as 'sold' when to do go.

It's kinda funny- I'm trying to unload these... but I'm also trying to find an OEM set of 20" OEM Highlander wheels and tires for my new ride. The 18" OEM wheels on my Highlander are really kinda ugly.

There are a few sets available on Ebay... but they are crazy expensive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They have just been gathering dust in my garage. I recently posted them on Facebook Marketplace because I don't think that anyone here was interested in them.

It's kinda funny- I'm trying to unload these... but I'm also trying to find an OEM set of 20" OEM Highlander wheels and tires for my new ride. The 18" OEM wheels on my Highlander are really kinda ugly.

I really like the wheels and tires. I am also looking to downsize from the factory 19” to 17” on my 2020 sport. However I live in Maine and can’t travel to Wisconsin. If only they didn’t cost so much to ship 🤬 haha.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts

I’m surprised they’re still available too. Is the Accord not particularly popular in your area? As for me, I actually asked about downsizing when my wheels were stolen, but my insurance adjuster insisted on the 19’s (replicas) and refused to send me a check too. I would’ve bought them from you if they okayed it. I’m a huge fan of Michelin’s and CrossClimate is on the top of my list for my next set.

Have you tried putting them on Craigslist? I mean, you’d find all kinds of people there, but the place seems to move stuff pretty quickly.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I’m surprised they’re still available too. Is the Accord not particularly popular in your area? As for me, I actually asked about downsizing when my wheels were stolen, but my insurance adjuster insisted on the 19’s (replicas) and refused to send me a check too. I would’ve bought them from you if they okayed it. I’m a huge fan of Michelin’s and CrossClimate is on the top of my list for my next set.

Have you tried putting them on Craigslist? I mean, you’d find all kinds of people there, but the place seems to move stuff pretty quickly.
I haven't- I just posted them to Facebook Marketplace on Friday... so I'll give it a bit of time before I hop on other platforms.

I leave on vacation for a week on Friday- if they haven't sold by then then I'll maybe post it on Craigslist when I get back.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I haven't- I just posted them to Facebook Marketplace on Friday... so I'll give it a bit of time before I hop on other platforms.

I leave on vacation for a week on Friday- if they haven't sold by then then I'll maybe post it on Craigslist when I get back.
When you post on Craigslist be sure to put in the ad that you will meet them at the police station. That will filter out all the sketchy people. I’ve sold things on Craigslist for almost 20 years and I’ve learned to only meet people at the police station when selling wheels. I also do transactions at the bank when selling a car and am always sure to mention in the ad that the transaction will take place at the bank. That filters out the crooks with Counterfeit money. I also use a money marker.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
When you post on Craigslist be sure to put in the ad that you will meet them at the police station. That will filter out all the sketchy people. I’ve sold things on Craigslist for almost 20 years and I’ve learned to only meet people at the police station when selling wheels. I also do transactions at the bank when selling a car and am always sure to mention in the ad that the transaction will take place at the bank. That filters out the crooks with Counterfeit money. I also use a money marker.
Those are all good tips. The police station near my home has a designated area for people to buy/sell things that is monitored 24/7 and has several cameras that I've used before when selling things online. I can't imagine accepting $1000 in cash without checking the bills first.

I have had two people make offers on FB Marketplace for the wheels- but they were obviously scammers. One insisted that they could only pay with a check and the other person wanted my bank account information so that they could 'wire' me the money. Funny thing was that she was in a different country- and told me that she would transfer the money and her son- who supposedly lives in the area- would pick up the wheels. Yeah, right. After I told them that it's cash or nothing... they stopped responding.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Those are all good tips. The police station near my home has a designated area for people to buy/sell things that is monitored 24/7 and has several cameras that I've used before when selling things online. I can't imagine accepting $1000 in cash without checking the bills first.

I have had two people make offers on FB Marketplace for the wheels- but they were obviously scammers. One insisted that they could only pay with a check and the other person wanted my bank account information so that they could 'wire' me the money. Funny thing was that she was in a different country- and told me that she would transfer the money and her son- who supposedly lives in the area- would pick up the wheels. Yeah, right. After I told them that it's cash or nothing... they stopped responding.
I would get scammers all the time on Craigslist and still so. The new thing is they want to send you a code and you respond to see if your post is “real” 🤦🏾‍♂️ I even had one guy call me and say he would send a check. I thought he was bold for even calling. Some people just have no shame.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Great tips! That's something I would do as well when selling big ticket items online. Definitely do transactions on well-lit places where there's a lot of traffic (customers or people walking by etc.). I met up with a few folks on DA over buying and selling wheels a while back. I adhered to these rules and both deals went well. I also did the same with selling a car in person for someone else (not on DA). No drama at all.

I would also add something like no spams or low ball offers. Kind of obvious but it filters out more people who would otherwise try that. It can save some time.

Exactly. Do not agree to do any wire transfer, Wester Union etc etc. Also in addition to the above point on weeding out people paying with counterfeit, don't assume smaller face values (like $20, or $10) are automatically legit. I have seen fake $20 and $10 being passed around. Don't know about $5 or $1. I'd prefer not take them (unless just a few) to save time. Some people can be real shady and go to great lengths just to get a "good deal" at the expense of others. I would take only fresh bills for the larger denominations (with the watermark, of course) and have the bank clerk count everything once and confirm they're legit before handing over the wheels to the buyer.

I'd also ask to see an ID and bring at least one other person if possible to prevent the potential buyer pulling crap on you.

Good luck! :)

Reactions: Slickpanther

·
Registered
312 Posts
I’d also ask to see an ID
That’s another thing I would do. I used to to ask to see their drivers license and take a picture of it and tell them I would send the picture to my brother and that we will delete it if the transaction goes smoothly. I wouldn‘t do that now if I were buying a car on Craigslist since so many people wouldn’t feel comfortable with you taking a picture of their ID. I still would ask them to see it and that I would text their information to my brother without taking a picture. It’s also good to ask if the title in their name and to verify by seeing their ID if you’re buying a car. You’re less likely to be scammed that way. Also, when you call, never say specifically which car you’re inquiring about. If they flip cars they’ll be forced to ask you which one. I stay away from car flippers because they don’t really know the history of the car and are just out to make a profit.
I never meet people anywhere but their house. Your more likely to get burned if you meet them in a public place.

Reactions: Honda2014

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
That’s another thing I would do. I used to to ask to see their drivers license and take a picture of it and tell them I would send the picture to my brother and that we will delete it if the transaction goes smoothly. I wouldn‘t do that now if I were buying a car on Craigslist since so many people wouldn’t feel comfortable with you taking a picture of their ID. I still would ask them to see it and that I would text their information to my brother without taking a picture. It’s also good to ask if the title in their name and to verify by seeing their ID if you’re buying a car. You’re less likely to be scammed that way. Also, when you call, never say specifically which car you’re inquiring about. If they flip cars they’ll be forced to ask you which one. I stay away from car flippers because they don’t really know the history of the car and are just out to make a profit.
I never meet people anywhere but their house. Your more likely to get burned if you meet them in a public place.
Right. I try not to get cars from flippers either, although I do understand there can be exceptions if the sellers are honest. I either go new or used at a dealership, or from the owners themselves. I don’t require their ID as a buyer, but I do inspect everything carefully before I commit to buying it. I do think as precaution, it’s not a bad idea to ask for ID as a seller of bigger items though. Like selling wheels or even a car. I think 95% of the population would have no problem showing them if they’re genuine buyers with no ill intentions.

Reactions: Slickpanther

·
Registered
97 Posts
Y'all go to great lengths to sell things. My rules for Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace transactions are simple.

1) Bring another person or your dogs with you.
2) Meet in a crowded, well-lit place like a grocery store or supermarket parking lot.
3) If you have a bad feeling in your gut (whether that's emailing, texting, calling, or meeting) at any stage of selling something, ghost the person and move on.

2021 - 2040 of 2050 Posts