Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

561 - 574 of 574 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Replaced the truck light with an LED. Not the WOW! difference like changing the interiors to LED, but the trunk does have more light. Probably gonna get the LED strip (~$16).

·
Registered
8 Posts
For me it was replace the entire inside lighting and added front and rear cameras.

Trust me if nothing else upgrading the interior lighting is worth it. My daughter got in the car and she commented she felt like she was getting a tan lol.

This is the dashcam that I have installed in my car.
Im installing the LED lights today as well. You used the Fyre Flys lights or something else? is it 6000K led as well?

EDIT: nvm I saw where you posted the type of LED. I heard alot of things with that company but went with the Fyre flys, its all the same though, same power and color just different brand names xD.

Regarding the dashcam, if you dont mind me asking, do you like it so far? Im in the market for one ASAP and as its my birthday I am willing to splurge for something good lol. You recommend this dashcam or was there other suggestions you have?

Thanks!

·
Registered
698 Posts
I finally got around to sound deadening all four doors inside and out. I ran out of material so next I’ll order some more and then pull the seats and carpet to deaden the floor and as much of the firewall as I can get to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Finally had time to rearrange & whiteout (plasti dip) the rear emblems. Gotta admit, I was a nervous about the plasti dipping, but it's easy. Like many others, to remove it once it dried I used a toothpick to punch a hole and pulled.

WHITEOUT TIME BREAKDOWN
Prep – 6 Eric Church songs ~25 minutes. One coffee.
Painting – 5 rounds, each less than a minute + 4 rounds of 10-15 minutes of between coats marinating = ~50 minutes. 2.5 coffees.
Clean up – 15 minutes. 1/2 coffee while admiring.
TOTAL – 1.5 hours, half of which is waiting for paint to dry. 4 coffees.

BEFORE - Standard Emblem placement. I don't like the location of 2.0T & SPORT or the fact the words are 2 different italic angles and sizes.

IMG_3611.jpeg

AFTER - Moved 2.0T up for balance, and removed SPORT (I'll put it back on somewhere else later). Also pictured: victory beer.

WHITEOUT:
Prep. Over did the masking, but maybe used $1 worth of paper and tape.

End result makes the emblems really fade away, especially from normal viewing (2nd pic). This is step one of my chrome deletion project. Very pleased with it.

I bought mine. Still got the cheesy grin on my face. 2019 Sport 2.0T 6MT with 8k on the clock in Still Night Pearl. Already came with tinted windows too.
Welcome. Enjoy that turbo kick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thinking of waxing my car for a wedding this weekend. I have been using these paste wax but it seems to be much more of a hassle than I wanted to deal with right now. What liquid wax would be great for the black accord 2019? its brand new so I dont think I need to clay bar or anything prior to applying a wax.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’d recommend a product called Rejex, you can buy it on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Rejex-High-Gloss-Protective-Finish/dp/B00GM6NF0I). Originally designed to keep aircraft wings free of debris, it’s easily applied and buffed, results in an incredibly glossy and slick finish, and lasts for at least 6 months in my experience. Just don’t get it on any flat/matte black surfaces as it will stain. Glossy surfaces, lights, it’s fine on.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm a big fan of Duragloss Aquawax right now. Spray it on the car while the car is wet and dry/buff with (multiple) microfiber towels. It adds a great shine and level of protection for a month or two. Rain will bead up and roll right off. Could not be easier to apply.

561 - 574 of 574 Posts