Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 828 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had a full detail and (2) coats of ceramic added to it today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What color is that? Modern Steel?

Looks sexy with the black&chrome accent grill. :laugh Also, is that a spoiler I see? Could you take a picture of it -- I was considering having the dealer add a spoiler but I'm not sure it's worth the 500+ they'll likely charge for it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It is modern steel and thank you very much for the compliment. To me the spoiler is well worth the extra money as our rear ends in my opinion need something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
271 Posts
Got a machine wash for the first time today!
Say hello to the brand new swirl marks on your clear coat. /forums/images/DriveAccord_vbtoucan/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
The swirl marks were less than I expected, but there were some minor scuffs visible on the wheels. Doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't look like curb rash.

Since this is a daily driver parked outside in an urban area and I have no garage, I have a choice between a perpetually dirty car or a car with some minor swirls.

IMO if I wanted to have to baby this car I would've bought a BMW.

·
Registered
18 Posts
After purchasing my 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T on Saturday for $26K, I drove home excited about my new car but drained from all the negotiations. Sunday when I woke up and moved the vehicle to the driveway so I can have space in the garage to do work, I noticed some oils leaks on the ground. In a state of complete disbelief, I couldn’t believe my new 2018 Sport 2.0T was leaking oil not even a day old with me. I decided to go back to the dealership on Monday morning and have them look at the issue and try to diagnose the problem. After having the vehicle in service for 8+ hours, the technicians stated they haven’t been able to locate where the leak is coming from as there was oil all over the under carriage and around the whole engine and they were going to need to keep it over night for further review and investigation. At this point I was nervous about my purchase and spoke with the GM of the dealer and stated I do not want this vehicle and would like to void out my contract. The GM was in complete shock at the amount of oil dripping from various locations and stunned at how his techs have yet to find the source of where it’s all coming from decided to rescind my contract and void everything out. The dealership has agreed to 1. Put me in another Honda Accord Sport 2.0T for $25K OTD Price ($1000 better then my previous deal for the headache and issues which have come about) or 2. Refund me the full amount I paid for the vehicle via check and just void everything and move on with life. I know that not every car is made the same and that I just got unlucky by getting the sour apple out the bunch but I would like feedback from people who think I should just get another 2.0T for $25k or if you would ask for more discount or if you think this is already a good deal? I am beyond happy with the 2.0T and love it. HELP WITH THE DECISION!!! I’m just scared to get another Accord that’s all messed up with less than 100 miles on it. The techs have stated this vehicle came from the manufacture with problems and they are still trying to fix the issue. They have not been able to pinpoint the main leak and it’s been 24+ hours already. =| Good thing I’m out of that contract and not liable for that VIN!

Man that's rough! It's great the dealer is doing right by you though - take that 1000 and enjoy your second new car!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Waxed the heck out of it! Looks great, and had the 2 USB chargers installed under the rear vents on the back of the center console. Will help on road trips with the kids in the back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
you have to remove the bumper to install the grill!
Someone on the forum actually managed to change out the grille whilst keeping the bumper on. Wondering if anyone else had managed to do it that way is all.

(I've asked this question so many times now. Apologies if I'm being redundant, I can't remember whom I've already asked.)

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did you remove the bumper for both of these installs?
Yes, I removed the bumper to install. Took about 2.5 hours to do both and had help from my son for about 20 minutes for the removal and re-install of bumper assembly and pulling thru zip strips for the intercooler guard.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Traded it.

I was at the service center yet again (lost track of how many times this would make), and was wondering around the Chrysler side of the lot. I decided I regretted the Accord, issues aside, there were also a lot of things I just didn't like about it or things I thought it should have.

I fear for the future value of the 2018 Accord, I hate CVT (this was my first and last), as much as I tried the car just isn't fun... probably because of the CVT. And then you pile on the quality issues. I was just done.

So I traded it for a 2015 Charger R/T. Much more fun to drive, many more features and has more warranty left on it than the Accord comes with new.

Buy Honda, hello HEMI.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Traded it.

I was at the service center yet again (lost track of how many times this would make), and was wondering around the Chrysler side of the lot. I decided I regretted the Accord, issues aside, there were also a lot of things I just didn't like about it or things I thought it should have.

I fear for the future value of the 2018 Accord, I hate CVT (this was my first and last), as much as I tried the car just isn't fun... probably because of the CVT. And then you pile on the quality issues. I was just done.

So I traded it for a 2015 Charger R/T. Much more fun to drive, many more features and has more warranty left on it than the Accord comes with new.

Buy Honda, hello HEMI.
Fun? Elaborate pls

·
2018 Accord EX MSM
46 Posts
I don't get multiple posts, by multiple posters, I have seen that seem to be whining about "quality" and "issues".
All vehicles, new model years or not, have samples of them with issues.

I bought, last month, an EX, mainly for my son to drive but I have also driven it, to see if I find any issues....so I can get them addressed.
I have NOT found any quality issues. I have not found any "issue" issues.

As for "fun" to drive....he loves it. He wanted the sport, but he loves the accord (he's 16). It goes plenty fast enough and he doesn't need to try drag racing.
If "fun" means burning rubber and flying past everyone, then I'm glad the accord isn't the right car for that.

For a young person, it's actually a nice car. MPG is fine...better than the '98 accord I bought new years ago. Driving the vehicle has been fine. Still under 1000 miles total, so still in early break-in, so I'm watching to see if anything pops up. That's why I keep reading any negative posts about issues and quality....so I can proactively address them....but I haven't seen anything yet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Fun? Elaborate pls
About which part? *My* Accord was pretty boring mostly due to the CVT. Even in Sport/manual mode it didn't seem to know what to do most of the time.. even though I was telling it what to do. The 1.5T is peppy but that's about it, and it almost seemed like it was only when the car felt like it. I always heard a lot of commotion under the hood but didn't feel like I was seeing much of the result.

The simple task of pulling out of the lot in the Charger was enough to introduce the torque. On the road it was just no BS, right-now power. It also has a Sport and manual mode and well.. it's fun.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't get multiple posts, by multiple posters, I have seen that seem to be whining about "quality" and "issues".
All vehicles, new model years or not, have samples of them with issues.

I bought, last month, an EX, mainly for my son to drive but I have also driven it, to see if I find any issues....so I can get them addressed.
I have NOT found any quality issues. I have not found any "issue" issues.

As for "fun" to drive....he loves it. He wanted the sport, but he loves the accord (he's 16). It goes plenty fast enough and he doesn't need to try drag racing.
If "fun" means burning rubber and flying past everyone, then I'm glad the accord isn't the right car for that.

For a young person, it's actually a nice car. MPG is fine...better than the '98 accord I bought new years ago. Driving the vehicle has been fine. Still under 1000 miles total, so still in early break-in, so I'm watching to see if anything pops up. That's why I keep reading any negative posts about issues and quality....so I can proactively address them....but I haven't seen anything yet.
I'm sure this will get merged into my previous post which is fine, not sure how to do that myself.

I'm not super happy with your term "whining". As you said, multiple posts, by multiple posters. That means people are having issues. I posted my quality problems in another thread, so I won't list them here. But being at the service department so many times in 3 months that they know you is a bad sign. I have paperwork, photos and video for all of it.

I'm not your 16 year old son, if I want a car that burns rubber that's my call. What is fun to me doesn't have to be fun to someone else.

He'll want a car like that, too. Probably already does.

41 - 60 of 828 Posts