Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

581 - 600 of 668 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
One week ago I purchased a used CPO 2019 Sport 1.5 CVT with only 1200 miles on it. Still Night Pearl. Was coming from a 2016 MSM 6MT Sport. Would have preferred the manual on this one but it was a hell of a deal. Today I got the windows tinted- 20% all around and am doing a full chrome delete later this week. The interior of the 10th gen is such an improvement, Honda has done a great job of fixing a lot of customer grievances with this model.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
De-iced my 2019 LX after a mild ice-storm by putting an electric heater/fan inside for an hour. This softened the ice and separated it on most of the glass. Easy to remove. Just near the wipers not enough heat. Re-located the fan. The snow that mixed after is a real weird soft but "welded" together mess that won't come off the roof, hood or trunk at all. Still too much hard snow/ice between the windshield and hood but wipers should clear.

Left the doors wide open to cool the inside to ambient so re-freeze doesn't weld the car shut overnight. I'll go close it up in 30 minutes after checking for ice on the seals.

My neighbours probably think I'm bananas. Can't dispute that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
De-iced my 2019 LX after a mild ice-storm by putting an electric heater/fan inside for an hour. This softened the ice and separated it on most of the glass. Easy to remove. Just near the wipers not enough heat. Re-located the fan. The snow that mixed after is a real weird soft but "welded" together mess that won't come off the roof, hood or trunk at all. Still too much hard snow/ice between the windshield and hood but wipers should clear.

Left the doors wide open to cool the inside to ambient so re-freeze doesn't weld the car shut overnight. I'll go close it up in 30 minutes after checking for ice on the seals.

My neighbours probably think I'm bananas. Can't dispute that.
One of my co-workers used this method a few years ago. It worked well but he melted the passenger seat on his Dodge pickup. He is DEFINITELY banannas by the way.

I'm betting you're a bit smarter than that guy though and won't burn your car interior 😄.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
One of my co-workers used this method a few years ago. It worked well but he melted the passenger seat on his Dodge pickup. He is DEFINITELY banannas by the way.

I'm betting you're a bit smarter than that guy though and won't burn your car interior 😄.
I placed the heater/fan on a small plank of plywood for stability so it couldn't tip over and blow hot at the seats.

I may be bananas but I'm not stupid. (Common refrain of people in insane asylums).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually did this a few months ago, but winter has me day dreaming. Custom painted the grille to get rid of the awful black chrome. Blacked out my H’s and added mesh behind the front H and custom vent that feed a functional ram air scoop. Tinted head lights, blacked out reflectors and tinted fog lights. Also, hard to see, but carbon wrapped mirrors.

Custom painted AEM intake to match the homemade grille. Also added upper and lower HASport mounts, all of the Acuity parts and LED high beams

Akasaka spoiler (just like everyone else haha), powdercoated tips, blacked out H, tinted reverse and turn signal lens and carbon wrapped lower bumper

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't say that the copper looks better than the black chrome. Not my cup of tea.
Black chrome would have been ok, if it didn’t water spot and actually matched anything else on the car. I also don’t like any kind of chrome, which is why all of mine has been painted, powdercoated or vinyl wrapped. Just an option that I preferred over Honda’s questionable choice

·
Registered
242 Posts
Experimented with vinyl wrapping. Started small, with the center console of my HAH Touring:

I thought the wood vinyl (Vvivid Mountain Oak) would come out closer to the wood trim already in the car, and I made a few mistakes in the application, but I'm fairly pleased with it and may not change it. But I do need to figure out how to do the door over the center pocket.

The piece came out easily, once I got over being bashful about prying parts off. Just pry off the two leather (or plastic) strips to either side of the console, then the strip over the glove box. The entire panel then comes up easily. (It will loosen the strip under the "start" button as well, or you can loosen it yourself. But that doesn't have to come off.) The HAH had three wire harnesses to disconnect.

Once it's off and you bring the console inside, you can remove the two plastic-chrome pieces to get to just the console itself by removing five philliips screws each. Heat on the vinyl was necessary, and wrapping the vinyl around the edges will make re-assembly tight but prevent seams.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Got my California Legacy plates in the mail just in time for a rainy drive home to make a mess. Installation will have to wait for a good cleaning...

22 days from order to delivery for sequential plates...no too bad from the CA DMV...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I installed the Mishimoto catch can on my 1.5 Sport yesterday. I am really impressed with the quality of this kit, I got it with the black bracket and it looks so OEM. If you didn't know much about cars you'd never know it wasn't a factory piece. I will update how much crud it catches later on.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Experimented with vinyl wrapping. Started small, with the center console of my HAH Touring: View attachment 517969

I thought the wood vinyl (Vvivid Mountain Oak) would come out closer to the wood trim already in the car, and I made a few mistakes in the application, but I'm fairly pleased with it and may not change it. But I do need to figure out how to do the door over the center pocket.

The piece came out easily, once I got over being bashful about prying parts off. Just pry off the two leather (or plastic) strips to either side of the console, then the strip over the glove box. The entire panel then comes up easily. (It will loosen the strip under the "start" button as well, or you can loosen it yourself. But that doesn't have to come off.) The HAH had three wire harnesses to disconnect.

Once it's off and you bring the console inside, you can remove the two plastic-chrome pieces to get to just the console itself by removing five philliips screws each. Heat on the vinyl was necessary, and wrapping the vinyl around the edges will make re-assembly tight but prevent seams.
Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
That wood grain wrap does look good. Nice job

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed my dashcam finally. Pretty easy to wire it through the headliner and pillar.

Wrapped my wheels, wrapped the window chrome with gloss black wrap, and painted my calipers (VHT Engine Enamel, designed to tolerate heat up to 650 degrees).

Blacked out the reverse lights and turn signal.

and as always.. cleaned her.

Attachments

581 - 600 of 668 Posts