Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

621 - 640 of 675 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

Wrapped the roof, pillars, and chrome delete around the windows. Also changed the chrome on the front end to piano black. Replaced the 8” woofer the rear deck and added an LC2i and amp. Now I’m going to try and plasti dip the wheels. I don’t want heavy 19s. I like the 2.0T and the great mpg.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hid my garage door opener in that worthless glasses holder! One set of Velcro strips. View attachment 518058
Hey, that's not a worthless feature!! I keep my prescription sunglasses in there, and put them back after every drive. Now that it's a habit, no worries about forgetting to bring them along. Glad you found an alternate use for it, but all newer cars have the garage button feature.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, that's not a worthless feature!! I keep my prescription sunglasses in there, and put them back after every drive. Now that it's a habit, no worries about forgetting to bring them along. Glad you found an alternate use for it, but all newer cars have the garage button feature.
+1

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm not really either, but I chose this one as the front reminds of the oem aerokit I had on my 17 Touring minus the black middle part. The rear always bothered me being all white. If it was black like the oem trim around the exhausts I would have left it alone.

I passed on the side skirts and rear bumper spats as I was only going for an OEM+ look.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not really either, but I chose this one as the front reminds of the oem aerokit I had on my 17 Touring minus the black middle part. The rear always bothered me being all white. If it was black like the oem trim around the exhausts I would have left it alone.

I passed on the side skirts and rear bumper spats as I was only going for an OEM+ look.
I guess the OEM-like look of the front skirt is what I like about it. Reminiscent of something like Audi S-Line and classy in a way. But that is also why I don't really like the rear. That does not look OEM, all flat and edgy. Making that middle section black would have been easy (think vinyl carbon trim or so), and IIRC there are even a few decent looking diffusers for that area. Anyway, I'll keep my front skirt stock because of my driveway, and beefing up the rear would probably look funny on the Hybrid. ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Updated my navigation maps to the 2020 version on my 2019 HAH Touring... followed the documented procedure, it was super easy and took about 45 minutes (roughly).

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have never found one in any of my vehicles that my glasses fit in properly. Plus they rattle around in there and drives me nuts. What do you mean all newer cars have the garage door button. I have a brand new 2020, there is no garage door button on it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have never found one in any of my vehicles that my glasses fit in properly. Plus they rattle around in there and drives me nuts. What do you mean all newer cars have the garage door button. I have a brand new 2020, there is no garage door button on it.
I had the worst rattle in my car. I was going nuts looking for it. Turns out it was my sunglasses in the designated holder rattling. Even with the foam piece in there. Now it is empty and all is well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A lot of cars come with programmable garage/gate openers on the visor, the Accord obviously does not.

·
Registered
272 Posts
A lot of cars come with programmable garage/gate openers on the visor, the Accord obviously does not.
Mine does.... does the 10th Gen not have it at all?

I had the worst rattle in my car. I was going nuts looking for it. Turns out it was my sunglasses in the designated holder rattling. Even with the foam piece in there. Now it is empty and all is well.
Same.. I just got new Shady Rays though and they come with a nice thick cover/sleeve so I'm finally able to use it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes I know what homelink is. My point is that not all new cars come with it standard.
This is true and some car builders are moving away from homelink. For example, the new Camaro has removed any option to have homelink even in the top line models in order to add a rear view mirror camera display.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Experimented with vinyl wrapping. Started small, with the center console of my HAH Touring...
Update: First, I did do the pocket door, but wasn't comfortable taking it apart. So I did it in place:

I still wasn't happy with the job I did; for example, I cut to much around the lower set of buttons, so instead of covering all the plastic, I ended up cutting back to the flat part. Plus, the color was way off. While half-heartedly looking for other brands or vendors, I tripped across a much better color of the same VViViD product. The plus side was the price: for some reason, the 1ftx4ft was $11, but the 1.5ftx4ft was only $9 (this may be too small, and I'll have to either put the grain the other direction or add seems up the sides). There was a similar price reversal in the 2ftx4ft ($25) and 3ftx4ft ($20) sizes, but I didn't want to spend that much for a replacement.

I didn't see this price reversal in other colors, so I ordered it. I figured that for $9, I couldn't go wrong. The color is VViViD Dark Ebony Wood Grain Faux Finish Textured Vinyl, sold directly from VViViD vinyl on Amazon Prime. Here's what it looks like compared to the door trim:

They actually look much closer than this in the garage; I think the brown in the vinyl sheet catches the straight-on light better. I'll have to see how the contrast changes in daylight. The biggest difference I see is that the black is far more prominent than the brown in the OEM plastic, and that reverses in the vinyl. Also note how this vinyl has a "texture" look like the OEM has, but the vinyl I used before doesn't.

621 - 640 of 675 Posts