Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

661 - 680 of 874 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I replaced all my bulbs with LED bulbs except the turn signals, way too bright. Kits on Amazon are not expensive and they really improve lighting in the car especially the backup lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here...except brake light bulbs, turn signals and I think that's it. Replacing OE back up lights with LED's made a big improvement along with all the interior lights that I replaced. Like you said, inexpensive and quite easy for a DIY.

·
Registered
41 Posts
2018 EXL. Removed the sunroof deflector. Hated the look! Makes it easier to clean and wax the area.
Also ordered some Weathertech floorliners and OEM Body Side Moldings. Moldings were nearly destroyed on my last car so I won't have another car without them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I modified my vehicle's safety equipment by blacking out/smoking my reverse lights, my brake lights, my tail lights and my turn signals.

As if it wasn't douchey enough that people cannot tell when I am braking during day and night, or tell that I am on the road when my tail lights are on at night (because I blacked them out), tell when I intend to make a lane change, or tell when I am reversing into them from a driveway or parking stall...

I even blacked out the two red reflective strips on my rear bumper! A peace officer will always find me at fault in a collision because of all these dangerous modifications (which ironically don't even look cooler than stock).

It's okay though. I am the center of the universe, and other people's safety does not matter. As long as I think I look cool, then screw everyone else's safety.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Uhhh ok... Do what you like, it's your car. No complaints here.:unsure:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Such a silly little mod I didn't imagine I'd have to do. Fortunately, it was quick and easy.
In Canadian 10th Gens this is there by default even on the lowly LX.
Just thought I'd mention that because: ?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Got the OEM Body Side Moldings installed today. Looks really good. Now I won't be afraid of parking lots.
Did you install them? Just saw this from 2010:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I installed the window trim black out kit. Just in the rear and a small piece up front. Since i have the window visors the other parts are covered. I also installed the CF center console pocket.
8536.jpeg
KIMG1227.JPG
KIMG1225.JPG

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
@jd1973 - I guess that'll be on my list. I hate parking lots. The terror of being beside a 2 door....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the following done at a local shop:
  • Ceramic Pro paint protection
  • Tint
  • Black gloss clear bra roof wrap
  • Chrome delete
Really like the way it turned out. I'm going back in to get the other back emblems put on but I kinda like the way it looks without.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
While half-heartedly looking for other brands or vendors, I tripped across a much better color of the same VViViD product. The plus side was the price: for some reason, the 1ftx4ft was $11, but the 1.5ftx4ft was only $9 (this may be too small, and I'll have to either put the grain the other direction or add seams up the sides). There was a similar price reversal in the 2ftx4ft ($25) and 3ftx4ft ($20) sizes, but I didn't want to spend that much for a replacement.

I didn't see this price reversal in other colors, so I ordered it. I figured that for $9, I couldn't go wrong. The color is VViViD Dark Ebony Wood Grain Faux Finish Textured Vinyl, sold directly from VViViD vinyl on Amazon Prime.
I finally got around to installing this. Did the center console, center pocket cover, and the front-door control panels. Took my time, and did a much better job. And the 1.5-ft size barely fit, with some stretching.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was swapping out some lights on my wife’s Prius C and decided to try out some LED reverse lamps. I felt the stock 921 lamps weren’t particularly impressive on the screen backing into a fully dark driveway, and with the window tint looking back and forth between the mirror and screen my eyes take time to adjust from the bright screen. I have a couple I’m trying out, and haven’t decided which ones I want to go with.

Currently have Morimoto XB T15/921 installed. They’re strictly an end firing lamp with no side spill, so when lit you see a single bright spot in the housing vs. the entire reflector lit up. They do have a mini projector lens to provide a focused beam. I was expecting to be underwhelmed, but using them last night they put an impressive amount of light out behind the car. Only downside is the lamp sits low in the reflector, so the bottom edge seems to cut off the beam close to the car. Didn’t seem to hinder being able to see since the tail lights still provide some close in light spill for the camera to see. I’ll need to experiment with them some more and see how I really like them.

The other ones I got are Profile Peak 2.0 T15/921 lamps. Longer body with 10 separate emitters, both side and end firing. I haven’t tried these ones in the HAH yet, but they’re what I stuck in the Prius and they’re bright. I imagine they’ll provide a more even light spill since they’ll be able to use the reflector to bounce down close to the car. For the moment I’m just leaving the trunk lid liner off so I can switch between them quickly.

I need to find a nice convenient wall in a dark area where I can get good picture comparisons between incandescent, and each of the LEDs.

EDIT: some photos from a dark parking lot. All are with no tail or brake lights on.

Stock:

Doesn’t look that bad, but definitely lack when in full darkness.

Profile Peak 2.0:

Pretty good spread overall, and definitely brighter than the stock lights.

Morimoto XB:

Big dead spot right behind the car, but actually not bad with the tail/brake lights shining... this is just the backup lights though.

·
BriGuy5
186 Posts
  • Tint
  • Chrome delete
Really like the way it turned out. I'm going back in to get the other back emblems put on but I kinda like the way it looks without.
Clean your car :)

Roof looks great, I really want to get this done at some point.

·
Registered
43 Posts
  • Tint
  • Chrome delete
Looks great! Best Color in my opinion lol. You ever thought of painting the front honda emblem white? That's what I did and I love the way it turned out

661 - 680 of 874 Posts