Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

701 - 720 of 725 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine only has 850 miles on it. Since WFH, no need to go out except for groceries and alcohol. I'll take it for a drive sometime this week.

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T 6 Sp Manual
15 Posts
On weekend (while limiting going out), managed to wash car, and conditioned leather seats. Tried Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray Coating. Will see how it holds up. Monday removed the 18" 3m on hood, and replaced with entire hood because I magaged to get around 30 rock chips on hood in 20,000 kms.

Today my Thermal Research exhaust is scheduled to arrive. Might install this weekend.

Mine only has 850 miles on it. Since WFH, no need to go out except for groceries and alcohol. I'll take it for a drive sometime this week.
Enjoy the look of a perpetually clean car! #silverlining

Stand alone Sirius XM Commander unit. Post in audio section little more detail

Today I cleaned with slime. Love it for all the long cracks and the buttons
What in the heck is that? Google translate couldn't decide......

Screenshot_20200324-115648.jpg Screenshot_20200324-115552.jpg Screenshot_20200324-115627.jpg Screenshot_20200324-115633.jpg

·
Banned
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
27 Posts
Today my Thermal Research exhaust is scheduled to arrive. Might install this weekend.
Could you post a sound recording from inside the car?

Tons of them on youtube of people revving their cars with the new exhaust and the mic outside, but hardly any of what those exhausts sound like inside while you're driving with the windows closed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Actually Tuesday but I replaced the Honda OEM accessory rear spoiler with an ebay one. For those who may not know, the factory Honda rear spoiler accessory instructions requires 4 holes (5/16"/8mm) to be drilled into the trunk lid (2 push pins w/ anchors and 2 bolts w/ nuts screwed in from underneath). If you remove it and replace it with something else like I did, you may run into the same issue I did - the replacement spoiler doesn't cover all the holes (see pics). I've ordered some silicone plugs which will be RTV'ed into those holes once I get them but in the meantime, I've got some clear silicone tape covering the holes...

If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have included the factory spoiler in the deal, I would have left the trunk alone and gone aftermarket... I just prefer the looks of this one (btw, the spoiler says "Yofer" underneath and also has two embedded nuts underneath that can be used to more securely fasten it to the trunk lid but since those didn't line up with the factory holes, and I was in a hurry, I didn't bother drilling new holes - just used double sided 3M all the way around)…

Yeah i read it in here that the holes where the factory spoiler sits wouldn't be covered if you replaced with an aftermarket. However there was at least one that does cover the holes. I took that into consideration when i did mine. The spoiler i have covers the holes completely.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yesterday, actually, I finally got the T135/80D17 spare tire and had it mounted to my 17" spare tire rim. Now my 2019 Accord Touring Hybrid has a real spare tire as opposed to the "Tire Repair Kit" that came with it OEM. The pump out of the repair kit now lives under the front passenger seat and a metric socket wrench kit I used to keep in the trunk now resides under the driver's seat. Other things I had back there sitll fit around the spare tire or in the foam "tool box", such as a set of open ended wrenches, a screwdriver, jumper cables, a couple bungee cords and gloves.

- Jack

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually Tuesday but I replaced the Honda OEM accessory rear spoiler with an ebay one. For those who may not know, the factory Honda rear spoiler accessory instructions requires 4 holes (5/16"/8mm) to be drilled into the trunk lid (2 push pins w/ anchors and 2 bolts w/ nuts screwed in from underneath). If you remove it and replace it with something else like I did, you may run into the same issue I did - the replacement spoiler doesn't cover all the holes (see pics). I've ordered some silicone plugs which will be RTV'ed into those holes once I get them but in the meantime, I've got some clear silicone tape covering the holes...

If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have included the factory spoiler in the deal, I would have left the trunk alone and gone aftermarket... I just prefer the looks of this one (btw, the spoiler says "Yofer" underneath and also has two embedded nuts underneath that can be used to more securely fasten it to the trunk lid but since those didn't line up with the factory holes, and I was in a hurry, I didn't bother drilling new holes - just used double sided 3M all the way around)…
Hey, your images are super small here and clicking them leads to a broken link, mind reposting? Would love to see larger images of this. Maybe try imgur?

edit: jk actually, I was able to see them larger in someone reply to you.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
23 Posts
Hey, your images are super small here and clicking them leads to a broken link, mind reposting? Would love to see larger images of this. Maybe try imgur?

edit: jk actually, I was able to see them larger in someone reply to you.
Hey Casey, cool, if you want to see something specific (e.g. angle/distance), just lemme know...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Installed Enkei 18" TFR wheels and Pirelli Cinturato 235/45/18 tires today on my 2018 Touring 2.0T. Each of the OEM tires/wheels weighed 60.6 lbs and the new tires/wheels weighed just 44.8, for a savings of 15.8 lbs. per wheel, totaling nearly 64 lbs. View attachment 519514
Was it the Cinturato P7, Cinturato P7 All Season, Cinturato P7 All Season Plus, Cinturato P7 Strada All Season, or the Cinturato P7 Strada Sport All Season?

How do you like them? How is grip compared to stock under hard acceleration and cornering? What did you have factory?

I like Pirelli, but man they need to get their product names more clear............

·
jayhawk1
47 Posts
Was it the Cinturato P7, Cinturato P7 All Season, Cinturato P7 All Season Plus, Cinturato P7 Strada All Season, or the Cinturato P7 Strada Sport All Season?

How do you like them? How is grip compared to stock under hard acceleration and cornering? What did you have factory?

I like Pirelli, but man they need to get their product names more clear............
They are Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. Tire Rack had them on clearance price, but I picked them out for their customer reviews on TireRack. I don't have any experience on them under hard acceleration and cornering. Only have 5 miles on them; I just put them on this afternoon. The OEM tires were Michelin Primacy 235/40/19's.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
23 Posts
Installed a Mishimoto catch can with drain kit (yellow arrow points to drain valve - 90 horizontal (perpendicular to hose) for closed, straight down (inline with hose) for open).

A few thoughts - After opening/unboxing, I half-heartedly tried to unscrew the body of the catch can just to look inside but it wouldn't turn by hand at all so I said forget it. Most of the kit seems really well made. Couple of concerns for longevity - the drain fitting is plastic (the upper hose fittings are metal) and the inline drain valve is also all plastic. The drain fitting is pretty long and protrudes up well past the bottom of the catch when screwed in so I trimmed/shortened the threads (if not, there would always be a significant amount of stuff in the bottom of the catch can that wouldn't drain). Next time I take it apart, I will probably try replacing the 3 top mounting allen head bolts with larger head versions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Could you post a sound recording from inside the car?

Tons of them on youtube of people revving their cars with the new exhaust and the mic outside, but hardly any of what those exhausts sound like inside while you're driving with the windows closed.
Installed last night. I am happy with sound. You could also believe it is stock if this were marketed as a performance car.
Very deep sound. Almost goes away at constant highway speeds. Idle is noticable, but not going to noise pollute too bad. Hearing shift points is nice. Best to hear in person though. I'm in central Alberta, Canada if anyone was near by and wanted a listen.

Smartphone video isn't the best, but I uploaded a quick and dirty sound clip to YouTube for you.

701 - 720 of 725 Posts