Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

741 - 760 of 828 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
It cannot be adjusted. Tell me where in the manual it says anything about adjusting. I'm not going to waste my time at a dealership for a problem I can remedy by manually operating the brights.
As stated above, the manual does not state anything about adjusting the high beams. The auto on/off sucks. It never detects oncoming cars. Manual on/off is much better.
The auto on/off works perfectly for me. On two cars. But they do need to be mechanically calibrated. That is different than a software-based sensitivity adjustment you are implying, which does not exist. You can certainly go on using the manual adjustment if you want, but O'Donnell Honda calibrated mine properly. On two cars.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Working "fine" is subjective. As is my claim that it doesn't work well. I don't think it turns the high beams off quick enough for oncoming cars, but YMMV.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I dipped the chrome trim (which took around 2 hours). Then 4 hours later decided to remove it because it looked horrid and during that, I pulled the A off the Accord badge and put a crack in the front windshield (not even gonna bother to fix it). However, throughout all that bad I did completely detail the interior/exterior because that mud was really getting to me. The interior smells AMAZING now so that's a plus lol. My new Accord badging is on the way (the dealer is repairing it out of goodwill haha!).

·
Registered
776 Posts
I dipped the chrome trim (which took around 2 hours). Then 4 hours later decided to remove it because it looked horrid and during that, I pulled the A off the Accord badge and put a crack in the front windshield (not even gonna bother to fix it). However, throughout all that bad I did completely detail the interior/exterior because that mud was really getting to me. The interior smells AMAZING now so that's a plus lol. My new Accord badging is on the way (the dealer is repairing it out of goodwill haha!).
Don't come near my car lol. But seriously, is the accord badge not stuck on with adhesive? Pull the other one off, scrape off the glue with a heat gun and plastic razor blade and stick the new one on. Skip the waste of time at the dealership.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Don't come near my car lol. But seriously, is the accord badge not stuck on with adhesive? Pull the other one off, scrape off the glue with a heat gun and plastic razor blade and stick the new one on. Skip the waste of time at the dealership.
No the badges are held on by two plastic tabs with a fastener on each. You need to take a pick or something and work the fastener off. Rear is easy, front u have to remove entire bumper ect.

·
Registered
776 Posts
No the badges are held on by two plastic tabs with a fastener on each. You need to take a pick or something and work the fastener off. Rear is easy, front u have to remove entire bumper ect.
I assume you are talking about the Honda "H"? Otherwise, everyone on here that debadged the "Accord, Sport, 2.0, etc" from their trunk had multiple holes filled and paint? Unlikely.

·
Registered
27 Posts
LOL!! I've managed to do more damage to this car in the past few weeks of being quarantined than I did while putting it on the interstate every day but it does feel good to be at home for longer than 3 days. The only reason I'm having the dealer do the replacement is that I want them to check some things on the car because the ABS light is on and I'm trying to get them to check my steering as well because it feels off.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I assume you are talking about the Honda "H"? Otherwise, everyone on here that debadged the "Accord, Sport, 2.0, etc" from their trunk had multiple holes filled and paint? Unlikely.
Yes the H badge. I didn't realize you meant the actual "Accord" badge guess I didn't read close enough.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Completed chrome delete on sides (window trim, door handles & lower trim). Will likely move on to removing the rear badges and chrome delete on the front and rear H badges.
20200505_185338.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Took this crazy pic with the sun shining down on the whip. Looked like it was extra clean
KIMG1524.JPG

·
HondaKernelPanic
14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Rear sway bar installed

·
Registered
141 Posts
macguy21, the deck lid spoiler is aftermarket. The OEM one is actually shorter. It doesnt go all the way across the back. As far as the calipers go, they are actually bigger calipers. Part of the 27Won kit

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wheels on. Grill and what not coming tomorrow..and wheel caps considering they where lost :rolleyes: I have to say she puts the biggest grin on my face. Totally In love with Sylvia :p

Looks good indeed.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Do you have any plans on a suspension setup. Or just gonna keep it stock height.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, springs at least. I need a touch of camber up front to get flush, I have like 3/8" poke up front.

Still haven't seen good coilovers for sale.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Your running 265's... Yeah i would say you do need a touch of camber. I have seen good coilovers but your right, not on sale though. Have you seen this yet?

741 - 760 of 828 Posts