Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

761 - 780 of 828 Posts

·
Need some LSD...
87 Posts
You can remove this little metal piece on the front strut top hats. I don't know what it's called but it is hexagonal and used to locate the top hat in the little of the adjustment range. Once removed you can loosen the nuts and move the struts in.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice... Was the connections a plug and play application or did you have to splice wires.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I purchased an OEM USB kit from College Honda and downloaded the installation instructions from their web site. It comes with a wiring harness. The installation is complicated. You need to remove several interior panels in order to run the wires, but the end connectors plug in without any splicing.

·
HondaKernelPanic
14 Posts
Alright y'all. I pulled the trigger and decided to install the Puddle Lights underneath mine. I have to say I am thoroughly impressed with the light output and how relatively easy it was to install. I should preface my post with a “your mileage may vary” in that if you don’t know what tools you need or how to use, please consult a professional! I decided to DIY and here’s how it went for me.

A couple of things to note:
-The PDF Manual from College Hills Honda is about 90% accurate with how to do the install. Here are a few things that I noted or did differently than the instructions:
  • During the first portion (up to the wiring harness) the steps are everything you need to follow to a tee. They matched almost exactly.
  • I decided to move on to drilling the holes in the side skirts needed for puddle lights BEFORE the wiring of the harness. This may be more of a personal preference, but decided to get the difficult step out of the way first.
  • Since I didn't have a metric drill bit set, I utilized a 1/8 inch drill bit in place of the 3mm spots on the template; I knew it wasn’t going to be exact, but I tried it first and the screws fit through the hole so I figured to go ahead and proceed. I attached a picture of during the Dremeling process after I used the 1/8 inch drill bit.
  • Instead of using a holesaw and a hacksaw per the instructions with the template on the side skirt, I decided to utilize a Dremel for a smoother cut around the rounded rectangle needed to fit the puddle lights. It was not pretty during the process, but you can use the "filing" attachment to make the edges smooth.
  • The holes are actually angled. In the picture I posted, it looks crooked, but that's how the template is!
The wiring steps were a little complex for a “plug-n-play” harness, but I could tell the steps were written for someone who may not have experience in that arena. The only thing that made ZERO sense, was the step where you fed the wiring harness through the side/bottom of the vehicle where the rubber grommets go. The instructions called to remove another grommet (and not reuse it) that is completely irrelevant to the install and it looked like it was under the seat. IDK if someone at Honda thought too much into it? Who knows… but I digress, there’s only one piece of the harness with the rubber grommet that goes from inside to outside, so I left the other "unused" grommet alone.

Needless to say; Here are the results! Happy to answer any questions in case y’all have any =)

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
34 Posts
Made a mounting bracket from a bookshelf arm for the oil catch can.
View attachment 517307 View attachment 517309
I had a 1.5T Civic before trading it in for this Accord hybrid. I used to worry about the carbon buildup on intake valves but that Civic ran well for 55k miles in 2.5 years.

Seeing many of you guys adding this, I’m wondering if this is something I should do for my new boy. Oh—then I searched online and it seems the hybrid 2.0L is port-injection?! So glad to get rid of this issue forever:)

More info please
Not sure if helpful...

I see lots of these plug-and-play products on Chinese online store Taobao, since the 10th Accord is quite popular in China. They only require you add it in the door Cable. Price is somewhat $20-30.

You can have a look at an example link.

Auto window up upon lock
https://m.tb.cn/h.V9OaoKI?sm=d2e7f7

Tho, I haven’t decided to buy them. I’m concerned if Chinese/US models have different electronics which is quite possible.

=======================

Last Wednesday I decided to look at the Accord Hybrid EX-L and went to 2 dealers. Then here it is. Didn’t expect I’d trade it my little 17year Civic 1.5T MT so soon...I just replaced its interior LEDs and rear brakes!

Now since I’m on a tight budget, I just start with 2 remaining LEDs from last Civic.
F531B8E4-9C03-4946-B973-80F3597DF21B.jpeg

And summer is coming. I’d cover the windshield.
7A17E575-CDE2-409A-9E2F-A24CF40061EF.jpeg

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought this to replace my 2016 Accord Coupe that was totaled after someone ran a red light and T-boned me.

It's a Sport 2.0t. I had the dealer install the auto-dimming mirror with Homelink, cargo net, and mudguards.
This is the first car that I've ever bought with the bigger engine option. I've gone from a 1998 Camry with the 2.2L, a Camry Hybrid, the Accord Coupe with the smaller engine... but my insurance settlement allowed me to upgrade to the larger 2.0t motor that is a hoot to drive. I can't wait for it to get a few more miles on it so i can really push the motor.

These wheels! I love them!

Here's a picture of my totaled Accord Coupe. Over $14,000 worth of damage. It doesn't look that bad but there was lots of damage underneath. Kept us safe though. I loved that car- it will be missed.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
34 Posts
I bought this to replace my 2016 Accord Coupe that was totaled after someone ran a red light and T-boned me.

It's a Sport 2.0t. I had the dealer install the auto-dimming mirror with Homelink, cargo net, and mudguards.
This is the first car that I've ever bought with the bigger engine option. I've gone from a 1998 Camry with the 2.2L, a Camry Hybrid, the Accord Coupe with the smaller engine... but my insurance settlement allowed me to upgrade to the larger 2.0t motor that is a hoot to drive. I can't wait for it to get a few more miles on it so i can really push the motor.
View attachment 520723
View attachment 520724

These wheels! I love them!
View attachment 520725

Here's a picture of my totaled Accord Coupe. Over $14,000 worth of damage. It doesn't look that bad but there was lots of damage underneath. Kept us safe though. I loved that car- it will be missed.
View attachment 520726
Glad you are ok during such severe side collision. Congrats on the new ride!
That 19" rims are by far the most beautiful wheels I've seen. But my budget won't allow them in the next 2 years lol. Also I doubt my 50 mpg would drop quite a lot.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Glad you are ok during such severe side collision. Congrats on the new ride!
That 19" rims are by far the most beautiful wheels I've seen. But my budget won't allow them in the next 2 years lol. Also I doubt my 50 mpg would drop quite a lot.
I really worry about how well those 19" wheels and tires will perform in the winter. I live in Wisconsin and it can snow a lot here in the winter. Usually the roads are plowed well, but I know that there will be a possibility that I'll have to get different rims/tires for the snowy months.

I tried searching in the 10th gen forum for a thread regarding snow tires and rims for the sport trim, but didn't find one. What are others doing in snowy weather with these rims?

·
HK Moderator
13,923 Posts
I tried searching in the 10th gen forum for a thread regarding snow tires and rims for the sport trim, but didn't find one. What are others doing in snowy weather with these rims?

They are called winter tires. Here are three threads:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Reupholster the entire interior with roadwire.. contacted an eBay seller got them to send me a non-perforated black thread black leather set for 500 bucks.

took 12 hours with lots of back pain and my fingers feel like they are on fire... Instead of hog rings I used Ty Raps with metal inserts.. not only are they as strong as hog ties they're much easier to work with... Except for the fact they're $40 a pack...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Very pretty! I bet you're pleased with the results!

- Jack

·
Registered
267 Posts
Very pretty! I bet you're pleased with the results!

- Jack
Absolutely, and now that I know how labor intensive it is it makes sense that an install is usually $1,000...

I also just used a fabric pen on the factory trim pieces to match the black thread of the seats... $2 job.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
34 Posts
Reupholster the entire interior with roadwire.. contacted an eBay seller got them to send me a non-perforated black thread black leather set for 500 bucks.

took 12 hours with lots of back pain and my fingers feel like they are on fire... Instead of hog rings I used Ty Raps with metal inserts.. not only are they as strong as hog ties they're much easier to work with... Except for the fact they're $40 a pack...

View attachment 520741 View attachment 520742
Absolutely, and now that I know how labor intensive it is it makes sense that an install is usually $1,000...

I also just used a fabric pen on the factory trim pieces to match the black thread of the seats... $2 job.

View attachment 520750
Nice job done! Though, would you regret not choosing a higher trim at the beginning?
I once had 17year Civic EX-T. Fabric seats, poor audios, manual adjusting seats, no memory, no auto-dimming...cannot recall how many features I had dreamed about in that boy.
Which made my choice of EX-L this time, all functions I want directly from factory. The $$$ looks huge for higher trims, but it's probably two less takeouts per month.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nice job done! Though, would you regret not choosing a higher trim at the beginning?
I once had 17year Civic EX-T. Fabric seats, poor audios, manual adjusting seats, no memory, no auto-dimming...cannot recall how many features I had dreamed about in that boy.
Which made my choice of EX-L this time, all functions I want directly from factory. The $$$ looks huge for higher trims, but it's probably two less takeouts per month.
Actually no.. I really dislike the higher trim rims.. so I still would have spent money either way by getting factory leather and upgrading the rims.

I also found Katzkin and Roadwire leather superior to the Honda factory leather...

I think the factory leather is perforated.. which is a pain to clean and I find ugly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really worry about how well those 19" wheels and tires will perform in the winter. I live in Wisconsin and it can snow a lot here in the winter. Usually the roads are plowed well, but I know that there will be a possibility that I'll have to get different rims/tires for the snowy months.

In all honesty a good tire out does rim size; look for Nokian. I will say they are the best all season/allweather/year tire available.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Focused the LED fog lights.
I'm wondering if mine are not aimed properly. I installed factory LED fog lights on my 2016 Accord coupe, and they provided a really noticeable difference in terms of night driving. Sometimes I can barely tell if my Gen 10 Sport's fog lights are even on. They appear to offer much less light than my 2016's fog lights.

761 - 780 of 828 Posts