Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

781 - 800 of 828 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Go to this post here: Fog light aiming

It is what got me interested in the same question and provided and answer. You need to get under the car and find the two circular holes in the plastic under body guard and push a wire bundle out of the way (nothing serious- just push it aside) to find the white plastic adjustment screw. Luckily, I have low profile drive on ramps that helped me get my head under the car to find the adjustment screws. Then it was a matter of shining the lights on the garage door, moving the fogs up or down, test driving and tweaking until I was satisfied. It made a difference and is worth doing.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
34 Posts

It is what got me interested in the same question and provided and answer. You need to get under the car and find the two circular holes in the plastic under body guard and push a wire bundle out of the way (nothing serious- just push it aside) to find the white plastic adjustment screw. Luckily, I have low profile drive on ramps that helped me get my head under the car to find the adjustment screws. Then it was a matter of shining the lights on the garage door, moving the fogs up or down, test driving and tweaking until I was satisfied. It made a difference and is worth doing.
I read it last night and also got inspired. I'll have it adjusted this evening as well. My partner is now annoyed by my over-care on the car lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts

That's awesome. Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
34 Posts
I adjusted the fog light height to compliment low beam:
There's no need to lift the front end. I'd suggest using your phone's front camera; also, have another lamp to illuminate the area.

This is the white plastic screw you are looking for:
Image_2 2020-05-18_22-11-25.jpeg

This is after adjusting left side. See right beam pattern is too low and a gap to the low beam.
Image_1 2020-05-18_22-11-25.jpeg

This is after adjusting right side. So that the lower part of low beam is added with fog light pattern. I find this acceptable.
Image_3 2020-05-18_22-11-25.jpeg

·
HondaKernelPanic
14 Posts
Thanks for sharing the Fog Light discussion and pictures! I was thinking what I was going to do next to my accord. Well; my fog light on the passenger side is also aimed a lot further at the ground than the driver side! Quarantine boredom strikes again! :LOL:

I will post my before/after pictures when I'm done :cool:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm wondering if mine are not aimed properly. I installed factory LED fog lights on my 2016 Accord coupe, and they provided a really noticeable difference in terms of night driving. Sometimes I can barely tell if my Gen 10 Sport's fog lights are even on. They appear to offer much less light than my 2016's fog lights.
In my experience white LEDs as fog lights are completely useless and just offer good aesthetics.

I have a yellow super bright LEDs on my 4Runner and when it's really foggy and snowing they do exceptionally well.

In the same conditions with the white LED I had to pull over in my car and wait for it to clear.

But it all comes down to the climate you drive in.

Just look on YouTube white LED fog light versus yellow LED fog light it's a night and day difference.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
34 Posts
In my experience white LEDs as fog lights are completely useless and just offer good aesthetics.

I have a yellow super bright LEDs on my 4Runner and when it's really foggy and snowing they do exceptionally well.

In the same conditions with the white LED I had to pull over in my car and wait for it to clear.

But it all comes down to the climate you drive in.

Just look on YouTube white LED fog light versus yellow LED fog light it's a night and day difference.
I agree with your argument that 10th Accord LED fog lights are more of decoration than function.

IMO fog light is in generally less effective nowadays since headlight LEDs are revolutionary in terms of beam pattern, intelligence, brightness, lifespan, aesthetic etc. If LEDs are still not satisfactory, go laser lol. It's only $1500 option for a BMW 330i?

The foggy weather so terrible as you must rely on fog lights is just rarely occurring. What's more, I'd still pull over to the curb even if my car's fog lights are capable----you cannot count on others' fog lights as good as yours.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Do the seat gap fillers stay in place when the seat moves? (As mine does each time I enter or exit the car.)

- Jack

·
Registered
73 Posts
I installed the center console tray from Amazon. I like it better than the OEM one because it has a spot for loose coins. It also has a nice pass-through for your cell phone cord. It also allows you to still have a pretty good size opening under the tray to store other items- like the OEM tray so it doesn't get lost.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I installed the center console tray from Amazon. I like it better than the OEM one because it has a spot for loose coins. It also has a nice pass-through for your cell phone cord. It also allows you to still have a pretty good size opening under the tray to store other items- like the OEM tray so it doesn't get lost.

View attachment 520827
One of the first things I did too. The stock tray is sort of worthless

·
Registered
141 Posts
Today i got my package. The eibach rear sway bar. Man i gotta say that was a tedious task to get that oem bar outta there. But. I got it done.
KIMG1552.JPG
KIMG1556.JPG
KIMG1555.JPG

·
Registered
141 Posts
Lol, when i first looked at it after i had the car jacked up on stands. I was like hmmm that looks so easy to take out ( mistake #1). If i had have struggled for just two more minutes i was about to drop the wheels and pull my springs out. All said and done it took me about 45 mins add in the running back and forth for addition tools needed. I'd round up to about an hour.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I said the same thing looks super easy np! Same for me about an hour hour and a half but got interrupted by friend and gf. She was so cool just sat there quietly watching fight with a stupid metal bar.

781 - 800 of 828 Posts