Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

921 - 940 of 991 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought the appliance repair. I know it won't be a perfect fix, but it will be a whole lot less noticeable. Planning on taking care of it this week.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
130 Posts
While front brakes looked in good condition after 9k miles, rear brakes were not. I noticed some circular scratches on the pads surface, and the rotor surface wasn’t as smooth as front ones.
the same on 2.0 Sport 6 MT after ~9K miles
Did you check your front brakes? Would you share any idea on how the pads are fixed on the caliper? Much thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's happened a few times now. I think there is one particular road where it consistantly reads 80, but the limit is 30. Next time I am on that road, I am going to pay careful attention to see if I can find the offending sign. I expect it may be partially obstructed.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wasnt what i did to mine this past weekend, but what i did for my friend. He got his D2 coilovers installed, and we put on his V4 tails as well. His ride is looking real good now. Its sits now just as low as mine and im on springs. I personally love the look. And the tails im sure is now going to be my next investment. The automation is awesome.
lowered1.jpg
lowered2.jpg
lowered3.jpg
sidebyside1.jpg
sidebyside2.jpg

Reactions: ockevin and Samuelx

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T
14 Posts
I took my 2020 Accord Sport 2.0T to the dealer about 2 weeks after delivery (400 miles on it) cause I noticed my passenger driver door is not lining up with the curves of the rear door. They drove the car from Chattanooga to my Alabama dealer and removed the pinstripe. Shouldn't someone have noticed...? Seems like it needs to be moved up, but would throw off the chrome trim above the window. They made a slight adjustment to the door striker in an attempt to help but said that is all they could do and that there are tolerances for this type of thing. Kind of sucks it's on such a defined angle of the car (side view). Driver's side is fine. Thoughts? Is there any thing I can do to fix this?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wow, now thats what i call attention to detail. You really make me wanna go and look at my car now and see if my door is out of alignment. It is a bit odd that the top of your door is lined up. Almost looks like your door isnt closed all the way. I would also try another dealer and see if they would do something better or different.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I can't figure out how the window trim is aligned, but not the door. As @MDhonda43 said, is the door not shutting properly?

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
198 Posts
I think in general, most people are not going to notice the stuff that you, the owner, notices or knows about... :)

Is there any adjustment available for the rear door? A little on this side, a little on that side...

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T
14 Posts
Wow, now thats what i call attention to detail. You really make me wanna go and look at my car now and see if my door is out of alignment. It is a bit odd that the top of your door is lined up. Almost looks like your door isnt closed all the way. I would also try another dealer and see if they would do something better or different.
It stuck out like a sore thumb to me honestly... I'm going to try to escalate with my current dealer and see where it goes. I agree it is odd how it is shifted in some areas...

I can't figure out how the window trim is aligned, but not the door. As @MDhonda43 said, is the door not shutting properly?
The door is shutting fine and does not leak. I will inspect it more closely but it seems fine. I agree and the dealer mentioned if they shift up the door it would throw the chrome piece off. Not sure how this occured...

I think in general, most people are not going to notice the stuff that you, the owner, notices or knows about... :)

Is there any adjustment available for the rear door? A little on this side, a little on that side...
I could live with bigger gaps in some places but with a distinct and sharp body line like this car has it's terribly noticeable to me. At various angles you can see it sticking out (from rear/front). I do agree I know it is there so I'm a little bias but everyone at the dealership was like "yep I can see it."

Any adjustment available? I'm not sure. There are rubber stoppers on the doors you can twist to adjust how it closes but I've already played with them. But yeah, perhaps one can be lowered slightly up and the other slightly down to meet. Not sure what next steps are.

UPDATE:
I took it to the dealer and they tried to adjust the striker slightly on the frame of the car but if anything it might have made it worse. They said that is all they themselves could do so I went home for the time being. They briefly mentioned body shop but didn't offer it up when I was clearly disappointed it even came off the line looking like that.

I am likely going to contact them again and tell them I'm not satisfied and I want them to take it to the body shop to get it corrected on their dime. Is it worth the risk? What if it is worse after?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Try going to an independent body shop not affiliated with your dealer first. See if they say they can fix that and get an estimated cost. Then try and press your dealer and see if it's worth pursuing. Hate to say it but worst comes to worst, make it happen without waiting for Honda

·
Registered
203 Posts
Don't touch it just leave it be. Taking it to a body shop can result in a Carfax reporting ding and you could wind up with an accident n your report. Bending it back could cause more damage than there is now. It would drive me crazy too but in my opinion the end result could be worse

·
Registered
14,408 Posts
There are recent and existing threads on mis-aligned doors, what people did, and pics.

Reactions: MDhonda43

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T
14 Posts
Try going to an independent body shop not affiliated with your dealer first. See if they say they can fix that and get an estimated cost. Then try and press your dealer and see if it's worth pursuing. Hate to say it but worst comes to worst, make it happen without waiting for Honda
I called the dealer and told them I want to take the next step to get this fixed, so I will see what they are willing to do in regards to a body shop.

Don't touch it just leave it be. Taking it to a body shop can result in a Carfax reporting ding and you could wind up with an accident n your report. Bending it back could cause more damage than there is now. It would drive me crazy too but in my opinion the end result could be worse
I thought of this as well. Not sure if it's worth the risk... Thanks for your input.

There are recent and existing threads on mis-aligned doors, what people did, and pics.
Really? Thanks! Can you please provide links to them so I can review them? Not all alignment issues are the same.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah your case is first I've read about it. Maybe they had a bad batch of door hitches or something that were made with slightly different measurements. Think I'll go check mine now. If they want to realign the frame I would tell them to just leave it.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T
14 Posts
Yeah your case is first I've read about it. Maybe they had a bad batch of door hitches or something that were made with slightly different measurements. Think I'll go check mine now. If they want to realign the frame I would tell them to just leave it.
I agree, if they just have to make adjustments to the door hinges that is ok but if it starts becoming more involved I don't want to mess with a major structural repair on a brand new car... Shouldn't have left the assembly line like this IMO.

·
Registered
842 Posts
How would this result in a report to carfax? If I took my car to a body shop because I wanted the front bumper resprayed (paying out of pocket) would it be reported to carfax? No. Neither would this. There is no damage here. It's a misaligned door/body panel as others have had on this board. Maybe some shims or tinkering will different adjustment points is what it needs.

·
Registered
203 Posts
How would this result in a report to carfax? If I took my car to a body shop because I wanted the front bumper resprayed (paying out of pocket) would it be reported to carfax? No. Neither would this. There is no damage here. It's a misaligned door/body panel as others have had on this board. Maybe some shims or tinkering will different adjustment points is what it needs.
Yes it most certainly could be reported to Carfax and has been. It all depends on the insurance company and body shop. Have seen many reports showing minor paint damage that should not be there. On the flip side have seen major damage repair not reported.

921 - 940 of 991 Posts