Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

961 - 980 of 991 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a catch can and if you scroll up you can see some of the results. Now whether or not those results are "significant" or "worth it" is debatable. For me, if I spread out the cost of the catch can over the expected time of ownership (10 years), it's not "that" expensive and FWIW, I'm planning on using cleaner periodically as well.
Of course modding in general is a zero sum game. You so it do if for the enjoyment not the plan to recoup the cost. Those "results" come from bypassing the stock pcv system and collecting it instead of burning it off like it should. Your also going to get much greater amount during the winter, especially in areas that snow. Be sure to empty it constantly as a clogged/ frozen line can prevent the car from starting/functioning.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Dang.. Im not part of this topic but if only i could put an imoji in this. It would be the eyes looking back and forth. That was a hell of a read, and the response kinda made me laugh. I had a catch can on my charger scat pack. I felt the money i spent was well spent. Whether or not it actually did anything for my car was not a concern when i did it. I had the notion for what it did and when i did oil changes and i dump my catch can as long as i didnt see alot of oil i was happy. Any way sorry to thread jack... LOL

·
Registered
203 Posts
Look they do work to a certain extent they are keeping your engine a little cleaner. But they are more of gimmick than anything. They add complexity and need constant maintenance. They aren't going to prevent carbon buildup, and most companies make it seem like they are this majorly useful device when it just really isn't. I just want people to realize their limitations and really not to rely solely on minimal amount of benefit they have for keeping their valves clean of buildup.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
130 Posts
I did oil change after 3 month and 20 days from new. Oil life indicator showed 10% after 10.8k miles, which is far beyond my expectation even considering I’m driving 80% highway.

Since it’s probably going to finish another 10k miles until next oil change, I figured it necessary to replace the oil filter as well —this wasn’t much additional labor/cost for DIYers.

One thing that did surprise me was a handy feature under the engine bay: NO need to remove that Al metal shield! I saw oil pan and drain plug immediately after getting under the car. This is really a good thing from my previous Civic. The oil pan in a 2017 Civic is fully covered by the shield with some ready-to-rust screws, which finally lead to the replacement of a whole new shield at $$$.

I poured in 4 qt of AmazonBasics Full Synthetic 0W20, which was ordered in July 2019 lol. Online search suggests motor oil has 3-5 yr of shelf life if not opened, so I’m not concerned about this.

The used oil is being sent to BlackStone lab for analysis. I recall there is a thread summarizing oil analysis results? I should be able to find it when receiving my results.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Went to an Accord car meet today. Saw some really nice cars. There was about 5 10th gens and all of them was nice for real. Saw some super clean 9th gens. Overall was a great time and met some cool people.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did I do? I bought one! (Well actually two days ago). Hybrid touring.
This is the first Honda I've ever owned. Have already ordered interior LED lights, scheduled 15% window tint, planning on interior ambient OEM light upgrade, sill light upgrade, chrome delete on the door trim, adding a spare tire, perhaps a roof wrap, perhaps puddle lights. I am really enjoying the look and feel of this car!

·
Registered
260 Posts
What did I do? I bought one! (Well actually two days ago). Hybrid touring.
This is the first Honda I've ever owned. Have already ordered interior LED lights, scheduled 15% window tint, planning on interior ambient OEM light upgrade, sill light upgrade, chrome delete on the door trim, adding a spare tire, perhaps a roof wrap, perhaps puddle lights. I am really enjoying the look and feel of this car!
View attachment 524008
Welcome! Check out College Hills Honda for the OEM accessories you mentioned- they are much cheaper than buying at your local dealership and they have installation instructions. Many have ordered from them and they seem extremely reputable. I ordered most of the accessories for both my 2016 and 2019 Accord from them.

Most of what you mentioned in terms of accessories isn't too troublesome for someone with patience and attention to detail. The one exception is the puddle lights. That install is very, very cumbersome and not for the faint of heart. It's an 82-step process to install those things and you have to take a bunch of interior and exterior bits off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey thanks for giving that information! Coming from a brand new guy to the forum Who just read through this whole thread, I’m getting used to trying to navigate this site. Seems pretty interactive from looking around so far.

Just picked up a stock 2019 Touring for $27k with 12k miles here in WA. My girlfriend and I are VERY happy with the vehicle!

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Worth the time to add the side protectors!
Is it though? Because now you have a good size nick in the (ugly) protector. Are you going to replace the protector every time you get dinged?

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
130 Posts
Firestone Complete Autocare in West Haven CT messed up with my tire installation.

They argued that people all make mistakes. Well, I am quite curious about how frequently a professional tire installation technician makes such mistake statistically.

I was aware of their skill level before heading to the shop. This was a follow-up replacement after I filed a claim against the Tire Rack. The Tire Rack approved to replace the below-OEM load index tires they sold to me with a qualified set; because I don't wish to spend 2 hours picking up tires again, this Firestone shop is among the very few shipping options I have.

Aside from this mistake they made, others include:
  • They didn't ask me before trying to take possession of the tires being dismounted.
  • They charged me $10 for 'used tire recycling'. Again, without asking me.
  • After I dropped my car for the 'repair' of this inside outward issue, they over-torqued my nug lugs.
I checked the lug nuts with my breaker bar immediately after back home, and wasn't surprised by that. Man it must have been more than 120 lb ft because a 3/8"drive bar felt so challenging to loosen the nuts.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Is it though? Because now you have a good size nick in the (ugly) protector. Are you going to replace the protector every time you get dinged?
I usually pay for the bodyside strips with each new car I get (I usually save a bunch of money and install them myself though). Not with the 10th Generation Accord. One of the cars on the lot had them and they were the ugliest protector strips I've ever seen- especially the little 'flare' on the rear doors. They are huge and completely ruin the side profile for me. I just am a lot more careful about where I park.

I installed them on my 2016 Accord coupe- and they were far from attractive- but they weren't ugly. Same with my wife's 2007 Camry. The 2018+ Accord strips though.... yikes. What was Honda thinking? Why not just a simple strip like the 9th generation had?

·
Registered
51 Posts
My question, not that it matters either way. But did you open your door onto something or did someone open theirs onto you?
Someone helped me while I was in store. Parked away from others and when I came back there it was.

Hell no Im going to sand and touchup. Easier than getting dings in doors and having body work.
I could give a rats ass if you use them. Have a nice day!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered:
  • LED reverse light bulbs
  • Vinyl for the side window chrome delete
  • Black front grill & accent
  • Trunk hydraulic shocks for easy open
  • Glovebox organizer
Is there a Specific section on this site for builds?

·
2018 LX
144 Posts
Ordered:
  • Glovebox organizer
I replaced every bulb with LEDS except rear turn signals. Huge improvement over stock lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
842 Posts
Ordered:
  • Glovebox organizer
What reverse bulbs did your order? Now that it is getting dark earlier, I could use a bit more light reversing into my driveway.

961 - 980 of 991 Posts