Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1061 - 1080 of 1107 Posts

·
More cars, more problems
91 Posts
Nice! I put mine near the bottom of the back windshield.
Makes sense since the Civic has it at the bottom like that too. Not sure why they decided to put it at the top on the Accord 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
222 Posts
Took it to the dealer and had the fuel pump motor recall done,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Honda Parts Network. They were $45 each, plus $9 for the oil dipstick. If you go back to page 10 in this thread, you can find the original post regarding this modification and the specific part numbers that you need to order if you have a black interior. (I'm pretty sure all the Sport trims come with a black interior, but if you are ordering for an LX or EX, you'll have to look up the part numbers if you have an ivory or gray)
Thanks for the heads up. I got those leather console pieces in. They look and fit nice.

You wouldn't know if someone sells the piece above the glove box or that houses the start button in leather would ya? I think that would be a nice look as well to have those two pieces in leather.

·
Registered
2019 White 2.0 6MT
23 Posts
Installed the mishimoto catch can today. On the fence on whether or not I wanna pull the trigger on a ktuner or an exhaust (most likely thermal) next... 🤷‍♂️

·
On my second Accord.
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT Still Night Pearl 1500 km. '07 Accord EX-L I4 Nav 5MT sold.
48 Posts
I put an offer on a Sport 2.0T today. Thought the ship had sailed for getting one with a manual, but I found a dealer a couple of hours away that suddenly had one in stock, and checked with my local dealer and they told me they had several at sister dealerships. Drove an automatic today, really liked it, had a peek at the Genesis G70 (also available with a stick), liked it too but liked the roominess of the Accord better. So I'm getting my second Accord (to replace my '07 EX-L I4 w/Navi).

Excited! First new car in 13 years. I sure didn't think I'd keep the last one that long.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Installed the mishimoto catch can today. On the fence on whether or not I wanna pull the trigger on a ktuner or an exhaust (most likely thermal) next... 🤷‍♂️

I have hondata and thermal r&d. Love it. Heard good things about ktuner too.

·
Registered
2019 White 2.0 6MT
23 Posts
Stage 1 or 2? I've never really modded my cars before. As much as I'd love to pull the trigger on a hondata or ktuner, I just don't know if I personally need the extra hp & torque? Plus, I'm still nervous to mess w/ the electronics.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Stage 1 or 2? I've never really modded my cars before. As much as I'd love to pull the trigger on a hondata or ktuner, I just don't know if I personally need the extra hp & torque? Plus, I'm still nervous to mess w/ the electronics.
Considering that someone else on this forum has apparently had their warranty invalidated for an engine failure because of supposed evidence of modifying the ECU, I would be extremely hesitant to adjust the electronics if I were still under my 5yr/60,000 mile powertrain warranty.

The factory tuning already puts the Accord at the head of the class regarding real-world power and acceleration times. Yes, I supposed you could make it even faster off the line, but really- unless you are drag racing your Accord (on a track, of course), I don't see the point in taking the risk of voiding your warranty for a small increase in HP or torque that may not prove all that beneficial in real-world driving.

But meh, it's your car.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My general consensus is the same RCarlL's statement , but it sounds like you are curious. LOL.

Reactions: 2.0

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T
27 Posts
I bought KTuner and am running the Stage 2 tune. I tuned the car when it had about 1500 miles on it. Only 2600 now, but no issues. You can control how much you want to beat on it with your foot. You're in control. Yes there is a risk of having an issue and being denied warranty but that is a whole different can of worms. Do it if you want. I decided to.

Reactions: MDhonda43

·
Registered
303 Posts
Damn that looks good. Did you buy the kit already painted? I like the rear piece

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
2020 Touring 2.0T
2020 Accord Touring 2.0T
20 Posts
That looks pretty good. Any thoughts of swapping your grille for the sport black one with the small chrome or dark chrome strip?

Are you also planning on installing the black "H" badges on the front and rear?
With the wheels I'm playing off the black and chrome color scheme with the car. I don't want to get rid of the chrome grill for the smaller ones. I have considered partially wrapping it. I would keep the ~1" chrome strip on the top from head light to head light, and only wrap the forward facing portion of the chrome (that contains the H badge). However I'm probably going to keep it as is for now.

I have the black H badges for front & back, but don't think I will put them on the car. The chrome badges provide the right amount of contrast. I think I will add the Cruxmoto tint overlays for the white/clear portion of the taillights. Waiting to get brighter LED bulbs to replace the stock bulbs before putting the 20% tint on though.

1061 - 1080 of 1107 Posts