Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1081 - 1100 of 1117 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Not my car, but my handy work. Today I installed a full CF body kit on my friend's Accord. Diffuser, exhaust covers, side skirts, spoiler,and front lip. Turned out great. Hope the pics ain't to fuzzy
IMG953683.jpg
IMG953681.jpg
IMG953676.jpg
IMG953680.jpg
IMG953682.jpg
IMG953675.jpg

Reactions: Samuelx and Ziyang

·
XgenSEA
29 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Look great! Any advice or issues when installing the rear diffuser and side pieces around the exhaust?
Yes, take the bumper off to mount the pieces.

Reactions: TylerSEA

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
186 Posts
I should have taken some photos.

I did tire rotation at home this afternoon. Front tires to same side rear, rear tires to diagonal front.

It has been 7792 miles since I put on this new set of tires.

A quick question 🙋🏻‍♂️ What’s the fastest way to lift up all 4 wheels in the air? My floor jack is a low-profile one but still feels challenging to reach the front center jack point behind engine bay undercover. For the rear side, the center pinch weld just beneath rear bumper is already too high...

I ended up jacking side rear pinch weld to a high level so that I can place a jack stand under same side front pinch weld; then I have access to the front center jack point. However, this wasn’t easy to do and felt scary sometimes.

I see for rear side, lower control arms are quite accessible. Can the floor jack go there?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Applied ppf on the hood and roof on my car. Took off the front bumper today and planning to apply the ppf on it tmr and next week.

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 2.0 6MT
14 Posts
Installed Akasaka quad tips replacing the stock valences. If anyone is looking to do this I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do without removing the bumper due to the location of one of the screws on each valence. Luckily the bumper is super easy to remove even by yourself.

They stick out quite a bit but I think it's because they were deigned to work with the Akasaka rear diffuser. I do have a diffuser (not the Akasaka one) coming in the mail, so we'll see how they look after that.

·
More cars, more problems
93 Posts
Lowered the car 0.5 inch from previous height
I'm guessing from the palm trees that you don't have crap roads or winter to deal with? I'm totally not jealous while my car sits with the stock wheels on for the winter looking like it skipped leg day :p

Looks great!

·
On my second Accord.
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT Still Night Pearl 1500 km. '07 Accord EX-L I4 Nav 5MT sold.
58 Posts
The Sport models (with either engine) in Canada don't come with satellite radio, so I had the Vaistech adapter installed. I like satellite radio a lot and often take road trips where streaming isn't reliable. It's also easier to surf satellite radio while driving.

I had it professionally installed and it looks great.

Now my car's ready for a big road trip. Damn winter and pandemic :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm guessing from the palm trees that you don't have crap roads or winter to deal with? I'm totally not jealous while my car sits with the stock wheels on for the winter looking like it skipped leg day :p

Looks great!
hahah thanks! yea, it's summer year round here pretty much. roads here are not bad, but on the freeway right before you reach the bridge approach slabs it'll for sure make your body tense up.

just slap some winter tires on the Work! problem solved!

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Sport models (with either engine) in Canada don't come with satellite radio, so I had the Vaistech adapter installed. I like satellite radio a lot and often take road trips where streaming isn't reliable. It's also easier to surf satellite radio while driving.

I had it professionally installed and it looks great.

Now my car's ready for a big road trip. Damn winter and pandemic :)
I have been looking up this viastech adapter to have satellite radio also. I see it is not cheap.

Can you tell me how much everything cost you? Do you have some pictures of your radio on some channels to show how the screen looks?

I would love to see and hear how much everything cost (parts and labor).

Another alternative is to buy the xm receivers from sirous xm, but I wonder which of these 2 is more reliable and gives the best sound output.

·
On my second Accord.
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT Still Night Pearl 1500 km. '07 Accord EX-L I4 Nav 5MT sold.
58 Posts
Can you tell me how much everything cost you? Do you have some pictures of your radio on some channels to show how the screen looks?
I'm in Canada, so you'll have to adjust accordingly.

I paid $385 US for the hardware (including shipping to Saskatchewan from Colorado; I normally would have this shipped to my PO box in Montana, but I can't get there right now). Installation at a local stereo shop was $171 Canadian including 11% tax. They charged me $5 for parts (probably wire ties if I had to guess) and all the rest was labour.

I'm at work right now but I will try to get some photos tonight or tomorrow. Full song information is displayed on the centre display, and on the left dashboard display if you turn off the tachometer accordingly.

The channel programming is slightly clunky and I am still figuring it out. Unfortunately, the tracking controls on the steering wheel do not work for presets (even though they are supposed to), but they do work for surfing through all the channels. The tracking buttons on the touchscreen in the centre display do work - a single press goes through all channels; a press-and-hold goes to the first, or next, preset.

Audio quality seems good. It is certainly better-sounding than the FM-transmitter-based satellite radio solution I had in my '07 Accord. :) I can hear the digital compression, but it is not usually objectionable. (It is more obvious on voice channels, which are probably given less bandwidth.)

I notice the receiver has channels in the 300 range, which my old one didn't. It seems like they have improved the receiver hardware since the last time I purchased a receiver. I need to research more about this.

It's not quite as good as a factory solution (which I'm guessing can be voice controlled and probably works more elegantly with the presets), but it's far better than what I had in the old car. It sounds better, and it's far easier to change channels. In my '07, I'd usually just put it on a channel and leave it for hours. It wasn't really safe to scroll through and look for other things. If I changed channels, it was via presets. On this setup, I will be able to be on a highway trip and look around for something interesting.

The installation is clean. All you can see is a little USB cable in the centre storage bin, and the cable plugs into the front USB port when in use. You can, of course, unplug it if you want to hook up a flash drive. I use the armrest storage compartment USB port for my phone. Quite likely you could reverse this configuration, but I like mine because it wouldn't be dangerous to change from satellite radio to a flash drive while driving.

I thought initially that they were able to use the factory fin antenna, but going through the boxes last night, I see the antenna provided in the VAIS kit iis gone so either they forgot to give it back to me or they installed it somewhere. It's not on the trunk lid. It is dark here during my commute in the morning now, so I will have a better look at it the next time I am with the car in the daylight.

Just to clarify: the Vais kit comes with their interface box and a SiriusXM tuner. The tuner is the type that is designed to connect to SiriusXM-ready radios and comes with an antenna.

If you go to Youtube and search for "vais honda", you'll find a video on how the system works on a 2017 Civic. It doesn't look quite the same on the '20 Accord, but you'll get the idea.

Reactions: PetitFrereAccord

·
2018 LX
171 Posts
Left dashboard display. You do know that you can display your tachometer all the time via your settings menu. Your radio and other items you select via the thumb wheel will display inside the tachometer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1081 - 1100 of 1117 Posts