Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1261 - 1280 of 1313 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
You would use this over using the high frequency input the amp has?
where'd you connect in to the front speakers?
Fronts get full range so you would set your amp crossover to low pass. lc2i is better than any off the shelf loc because lc2i actually compensates for the bass roll off the head unit has. Lc2i is fairly inexpensive. You can find em for $80

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 2.0 6MT
95 Posts
Installed the wireless charger this afternoon. The package came with the charging unit, a non-slip pad, and a harness (with in-line fuse) that splits off power from the 12V power outlet:

I followed this YouTube video to take apart the dash which I found super easy actually. It took about 15-20 minutes to get to this point:

Here is the finished product with the charger installed:

Some things to note—If I had to do this all again I would have bought a different charger. This one was super cheap ($40 USD) and doesn't have a power button to turn off the charger while the phone is sitting on it. I like to keep my phone in that pocket and don't want it charging all the time. Also, and maybe more importantly, my phone (iPhone 8) becomes quite warm while charging. Much warmer than any of the other home wireless chargers I have. I'm considering actually buying a different charger and trying it out since the dash disassembly was so easy. That all being said it's nice to now have wireless CarPlay and charging.

Edit: after sticking on the pad (that can be seen in the first pic) my phone seems to be charging a little cooler. I guess it might help to insulate the phone from the heat of the charging bed. Who knows.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Fronts get full range so you would set your amp crossover to low pass. lc2i is better than any off the shelf loc because lc2i actually compensates for the bass roll off the head unit has. Lc2i is fairly inexpensive. You can find em for $80
I'm not too concerned with the price of it. I've seen them from 70-100$. I'm just wondering where the best place to tap in to the front speakers is on these without going to each door. Surely there's a spot on either side of the center dash to get to without pulling a bunch of things apart.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes its the sonic grey! It is very similar to that destroyer grey color in some lighting (especially at night under a street light), but changes pretty drastically in different conditions. Like the other side of the car when I took this picture looked more bluish/perriwinkle.

View attachment 528569
That color rocks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I installed a gloss black grille that I bought on AliExpress to replace the black chrome grill on my Sport. I especially liked this one because the accent piece that is on the upper part of the grille is also gloss black. As far as I know, the OEM gloss black grille can only be bought with a chrome, black chrome, or bronze accent piece.

The install was surprisingly easy only having to remove about 12 clips and the bumper didn’t even have to come off. All together took about 30 minutes. Photo below (ignore the scratch on my front lip, I already have a brand new one to replace it when it gets warm out :))

The only issue is that the size of the emblem spot is slightly larger on this grille than the OEM one. The emblem that I bought is a little small so I had to order another one.

·
Registered
2019 Platinum Pearl White 2.0 Sport 6MT
129 Posts
Does that rear diffuser work with the stock exhaust tip setup?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the AKASAKA valences installed, but it does seem to work just fine with the stock ones. Here’s a pic:

And here’s mine with the AKASAKA tips:

·
Need some LSD...
111 Posts
I had these cheap 16$ eBay lugnuts on for about a year. I could never get an accurate torque when tightening them down, and they actually started rusting! Gofigure they were just painted, not plated.

It was kinda bugging me, and I had a 10$ off coupon for autozone and free shipping so I bought these really nice chrome plated McGard lugnuts. PN# 64015 15$ 4pk.
IMG_20210319_142115.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Platinum Pearl White 2.0 Sport 6MT
129 Posts
I have the AKASAKA valences installed, but it does seem to work just fine with the stock ones. Here’s a pic:

View attachment 528727

And here’s mine with the AKASAKA tips:

View attachment 528728
Nice. I'm gonna wait until after I drop my car, and see if I really need the lip kits lol.

I had these cheap 16$ eBay lugnuts on for about a year. I could never get an accurate torque when tightening them down, and they actually started rusting! Gofigure they were just painted, not plated.

It was kinda bugging me, and I had a 10$ off coupon for autozone and free shipping so I bought these really nice chrome plated McGard lugnuts. PN# 64015 15$ 4pk. View attachment 528753 View attachment 528754
Looks nice. Have you posted in the "show me your wheels" thread? If not, let's see them.

·
Need some LSD...
111 Posts
Hi 2.0, Thank you!

Yes I have posted up in there, should be quite a few pages back.

@dixxon How did you get the wireless car play to work? I heard there was talks of honda charging for an upgrade did you have to "pay to play" ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
@dixxon How did you get the wireless car play to work? I heard there was talks of honda charging for an upgrade did you have to "pay to play" ?
I bought this dongle from AliExpress and it works great. I think it's also available on Amazon but it was cheapest for me on AliExpress. The only downsides are 1—that it takes anywhere from 15-30 seconds for the CarPlay screen to come up after starting the car and 2—for some reason the display will just go black when using Waze. Pressing home and then back into CarPlay or turning on and off the lane watch camera fixes it but it's a little annoying. Although I have seen some people complaining about this with Waze and wireless CarPlay in general. All other apps work perfectly, it's just with Waze that it does this.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Installed the idelstopper on my 2021 1.5T...automatically shuts the auto idle off every time the car is started. This is an issue 2.0t owners and 1.5t pre 2021 don't have to worry about but it has been super annoying having to press the button to turn the feature off every time the car starts. Super easy to install took about 10 min and works great...no more button pushing for me! If anyone has a 2021 1.5 accord or any other vehicle where this is an issue I highly recommend the idelstopper.

·
Need some LSD...
111 Posts
I bought this dongle from AliExpress and it works great. I think it's also available on Amazon but it was cheapest for me on AliExpress. The only downsides are 1—that it takes anywhere from 15-30 seconds for the CarPlay screen to come up after starting the car and 2—for some reason the display will just go black when using Waze. Pressing home and then back into CarPlay or turning on and off the lane watch camera fixes it but it's a little annoying. Although I have seen some people complaining about this with Waze and wireless CarPlay in general. All other apps work perfectly, it's just with Waze that it does this.
Thank you, I will keep an eye out for these aftermarket dongles if I get the itch to do wireless.

·
Registered
8 Posts
One thing I don't like about the Touring is that it has a bright chrome above the lights and grille. Is it possible to replace it with a black chrome like the Sport has, how hard is it? The black chrome looks so much better.

·
Registered
95 Posts
One thing I don't like about the Touring is that it has a bright chrome above the lights and grille. Is it possible to replace it with a black chrome like the Sport has, how hard is it? The black chrome looks so much better.
I just actually replaced my black chrome sport grille with an OEM style gloss black grille. Scroll up a bit to see it and my notes about the install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just actually replaced my black chrome sport grille with an OEM style gloss black grille. Scroll up a bit to see it and my notes about the install.
So the 12 clips are for the whole thing, the parts above the lights and the parts around the H above the grille? Was that for the whole thing from the chrome strip on top to the 3 slats down below around where the license plate is?

1261 - 1280 of 1313 Posts