Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1281 - 1300 of 1316 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 2.0 6MT
95 Posts
So the 12 clips are for the whole thing, the parts above the lights and the parts around the H above the grille? Was that for the whole thing from the chrome strip on top to the 3 slats down below around where the license plate is?
There are 8 or so clips just to release the top of the bumper from the car. You pull that forward and then use a flat head to detach the clips that hold on the piece (the part you want to replace) that contains the logo and the parts above the lights. Then the new ones just snaps right in. Here are the two videos that helped me out:

Something to note: There are two types of grilles that come on a stock 10th generation Accord:
Then there is also the OEM gloss back accessory (the one I installed on my car earlier in this post). This grille is unique because it features an accent piece that comes in a variety of finishes:
If you look closely the accent piece on my car is gloss black as I bought a knock-off version from China because I didn’t like the OEM options.

·
Registered
2020 Accord EX-L 1.5T
41 Posts
Installed the accessory trunk handle, similar to what I had in my Acura TSX. Took about 20 minutes. No instructions are included, but watched a YouTube video from Honda Jon for inspiration. Got it from College Hills Honda. It's a nice-to-have, but I would not go far enough to say it is a must-have.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Installed the accessory trunk handle, similar to what I had in my Acura TSX. Took about 20 minutes. No instructions are included, but watched a YouTube video from Honda Jon for inspiration. Got it from College Hills Honda. It's a nice-to-have, but I would not go far enough to say it is a must-have.
View attachment 528855
I installed that handle shortly after getting my 2019 Accord. My previous Accord had one- and I really got used to closing the trunk by it compared to grabbing trunk itself- which can be dirty or full of snow depending on the weather. I suppose that we should at least be grateful that Honda still provided the mounting points for the handle in the 10th Gen so that it's an easy add-on.

First world problems... but still- I think the upgrade costs like ten bucks and it's completely worth it for people who miss the feature from their previous Accords.

·
More cars, more problems
208 Posts
Bizarre...mine had the handle installed from the factory. Maybe it's a Canadian model thing?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bizarre...mine had the handle installed from the factory. Maybe it's a Canadian model thing?
Can confirm. Mine was also installed when I got it, although I also have a ‘19 Sport 2.0 6MT. As it’s such a cheap part I wonder why it was left off the American models?

·
On my second Accord.
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT Still Night Pearl 5500 km. '07 Accord EX-L I4 Nav 5MT sold.
286 Posts
Can confirm. Mine was also installed when I got it, although I also have a ‘19 Sport 2.0 6MT. As it’s such a cheap part I wonder why it was left off the American models?
Now I have to look to see if mine has one. If it does, I didn't notice!

I'll check after work...

·
Registered
2019 Platinum Pearl White 2.0 Sport 6MT
129 Posts
Pretty sure the US models just have the groove/indent, but no actual handle (at least for the Sports).

·
Registered
2020 Accord EX-L 1.5T
41 Posts
Yes, the American models have the indentation in the trunk lid liner and the holes are cut in the sheet metal under the liner. But there are no markings on either side of the liner itself, so keen eyesight is needed to install the handle correctly. I suggest checking out the YouTube video I reference below for what to watch out for. "Honda Jon" did a pretty good job in the video, calling out potential gotcha's such as dealing with the fact that the exposed handle is not the part of the handle to measure directly against for the liner cut, and using the groove in the handle to tuck in the edge of the cut liner opening for a factory installed look.

...I admit that I feel lucky getting pretty close to spot-on with the cut in the liner I made. I did have to make a tiny 1 mm cut in the liner hole for the fastener button closest to the handle to allow the fastener button to go back in, but the button itself hides the cut perfectly.

The YouTube video I am referencing is here, and I am sure there are plenty of other similar videos as well:
Honda Jon internal trunk handle install

Edit: cleaned up grammar...

Reactions: Limegrntaln

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm sure the canadian model has the strut prop for the hood? USA version has the manual prop, on all versions.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm sure the canadian model has the strut prop for the hood? USA version has the manual prop, on all versions.
I’m not sure what the difference is between the two, but mine has the one that unclips from near the radiator and gets slotted into a whole in the hood to keep it open.

·
Registered
2018 Accord 2.0T 6MT
44 Posts
Put some yellow lamin-x on my fogs. Brings me back to my days of putting in yellow fogs on my EG’s but without the hassle of having to actually wire in new fog lamps lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
I installed a Draw-Tite Sportframe trailer hitch so I can haul my bike around on my 2021 Accord Sport SE. Installation was pretty simple, and I love the fact that it doesn’t stick out past the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Installed the v3s today since the weather was decent. Pretty easy install and the lights/animations work flawlessly. The fitment is really good except the gap on passenger side outside lamp is noticeably bigger than the driver side. I tried readjusting a few times but not having any luck. Anyone else have this issue with aftermarket tails? I don't think it looks awful, but I am a little worried about rain/moisture being able to get behind the light. Any ideas?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Installed the v3s today since the weather was decent. Pretty easy install and the lights/animations work flawlessly. The fitment is really good except the gap on passenger side outside lamp is noticeably bigger than the driver side. I tried readjusting a few times but not having any luck. Anyone else have this issue with aftermarket tails? I don't think it looks awful, but I am a little worried about rain/moisture being able to get behind the light. Any ideas?

View attachment 529134
May not be because it's bigger, but because the clamp came with the aftermarket light does not fit well onto the holes (or whatever you call it, English is not my native language).

Try to use the stock clamp (number #2 in the pic below) instead of the one included. I tried on mine and it fits better.

Regarding rain/moisture, I had mine one for a year and 2 months with several rains/car washes and it still run well and no issue at all.

P.s: where did you buy the black H logo? TIA.

·
Registered
75 Posts
May not be because it's bigger, but because the clamp came with the aftermarket light does not fit well onto the holes (or whatever you call it, English is not my native language).

Try to use the stock clamp (number #2 in the pic below) instead of the one included. I tried on mine and it fits better.

View attachment 529137

Regarding rain/moisture, I had mine one for a year and 2 months with several rains/car washes and it still run well and no issue at all.

P.s: where did you buy the black H logo? TIA.
Thank you for the reply man! The diagram you are showing is for the inside lamps...which actually lined up really well. The only issue is the outside tail lamp on the passenger side. The aftermarket clips do go in well but the top of the tail light seems to push away from the car which gives it a bigger gap. Do you know if the clips from this part can be replaced by the factory clips?? I got the black H emblem through college hills honda online..it was a bit on the expensive side but it is OEM and all the clips line up. It is part of a package that had gloss black front and rear emblems as well as the "accord" badge.

1281 - 1300 of 1316 Posts