Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1301 - 1316 of 1316 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 2.0 6MT
95 Posts
Installed the v3s today since the weather was decent. Pretty easy install and the lights/animations work flawlessly. The fitment is really good except the gap on passenger side outside lamp is noticeably bigger than the driver side. I tried readjusting a few times but not having any luck. Anyone else have this issue with aftermarket tails? I don't think it looks awful, but I am a little worried about rain/moisture being able to get behind the light. Any ideas?

View attachment 529134
Take a close look at the edges of the lights for hairline cracks in the plastic. These are from China and the build quality isn’t great. I had a hairline crack on both of my inners and one of them turned into a big enough one where moisture stated to get inside the housing. I ended up paying $90 to have the one replaced. The seller said to make sure next time that I check for cracks before installation as they wouldn’t replace it for free once it was installed on the car. Fingers crossed that the other cracked one doesn’t widen.

Here’s what the one I replaced looked like:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Take a close look at the edges of the lights for hairline cracks in the plastic. These are from China and the build quality isn’t great. I had a hairline crack on both of my inners and one of them turned into a big enough one where moisture stated to get inside the housing. I ended up paying $90 to have the one replaced. The seller said to make sure next time that I check for cracks before installation as they wouldn’t replace it for free once it was installed on the car. Fingers crossed that the other cracked one doesn’t widen.

Here’s what the one I replaced looked like:

View attachment 529164
Did the cracks effect the fitment of the tail lights at all? I'll check out the lights tomorrow for cracks, but they seemed to be in really good shape when I was installing them. I'm more concerned about water getting in behind the tail light coming in between the gap between the top of the tail light and the car. Have you have any issue with this?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did the cracks effect the fitment of the tail lights at all? I'll check out the lights tomorrow for cracks, but they seemed to be in really good shape when I was installing them. I'm more concerned about water getting in behind the tail light coming in between the gap between the top of the tail light and the car. Have you have any issue with this?
Nope, fitment was actually pretty good for mine. I was actually impressed as I was expecting fitment to be poor (although I have a different version than you). Maybe you just got a bad batch? Can you post pics of the issue your having with fitment?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nope, fitment was actually pretty good for mine. I was actually impressed as I was expecting fitment to be poor (although I have a different version than you). Maybe you just got a bad batch? Can you post pics of the issue your having with fitment?

The fitment is actually pretty great considering they are aftermarket. My area of concern is the larger gap at the top of the outside tail lights. Is this considered normal fitment...or am I being nitpicky? I really don't know haha. Anyway, I still think they look great and am happy...but still just concerned about mousiture getting in that crack.

·
Registered
544 Posts
A crack in plastic can often be repaired using Super Glue. It will flow into the crack by capillary action and the repair can be invisible, especially if you apply the glue on the inside, so that any excess glue will be hidden. Use the thin stuff, not the "gel" type.

- Jack

·
Registered
20 Posts
Installed the wireless charger this afternoon. The package came with the charging unit, a non-slip pad, and a harness (with in-line fuse) that splits off power from the 12V power outlet:

View attachment 528595

I followed this YouTube video to take apart the dash which I found super easy actually. It took about 15-20 minutes to get to this point:

View attachment 528596

Here is the finished product with the charger installed:

View attachment 528597

Some things to note—If I had to do this all again I would have bought a different charger. This one was super cheap ($40 USD) and doesn't have a power button to turn off the charger while the phone is sitting on it. I like to keep my phone in that pocket and don't want it charging all the time. Also, and maybe more importantly, my phone (iPhone 8) becomes quite warm while charging. Much warmer than any of the other home wireless chargers I have. I'm considering actually buying a different charger and trying it out since the dash disassembly was so easy. That all being said it's nice to now have wireless CarPlay and charging.

Edit: after sticking on the pad (that can be seen in the first pic) my phone seems to be charging a little cooler. I guess it might help to insulate the phone from the heat of the charging bed. Who knows.
Wait does this somehow give you wireless CarPlay or you’re using something else for that?

·
Registered
95 Posts
View attachment 529186 View attachment 529187

The fitment is actually pretty great considering they are aftermarket. My area of concern is the larger gap at the top of the outside tail lights. Is this considered normal fitment...or am I being nitpicky? I really don't know haha. Anyway, I still think they look great and am happy...but still just concerned about mousiture getting in that crack.
I got around to taking a look at my lights and there seems to be a bit of a gap as well:

2E4F3DC2-C3DD-4338-9101-8CA76D42688B.jpeg

4EDC8B6D-EB3C-4B8C-9F2E-EFCDBC087B9B.jpeg

I haven’t had any water get inside the trunk or the lenses that I’ve noticed and I can’t remember if the fit on my OEM ones were any better to be honest.

Wait does this somehow give you wireless CarPlay or you’re using something else for that?
No that’s just for the wireless charger. See the thread below for the wireless CarPlay.

SUCCESS! I purchased a CarlinKit 2 directly from the manufacturer. Their Web site confirms that it will work with the 2018-2020 Accord with Android v6 installed on the head unit.

Installing it was pretty straight forward, although the menus are in Chinese which makes it a bit difficult to figure this out.

Here's what I did and the order in which I did it.

1. I connected the supplied dongle (USBc to USB A) to the USB port in the center console. The red light came on solid on the CarlinKit 2.
  2. The head unit displayed a screen that indicated that Bluetooth was on, but it was in Chinese.
  3. I went to my iPhone 12 Pro and then Settings/Bluetooth and connected to the CarlinKit 2.
  4. My phone appeared on the CarlinKit 2 setup Screen on the head unit of my Accord and I selected it.
  5. The light changed to solid green on the CarlinKit 2 device
  6. Apple AirPlay was recognized on the Home screen and my iPhone connected easily.
  7. The CarlinKit 2 connects automatically with a solid green light when I restart the car.
More to come after I've had a chance to use it in daily driving. I'd caution anyone buying this to get it from Amazon, not directly from CarlinKit. I got mine because it was on sale at their Web site for less that Amazon, but the few dollars in savings aren't worth the extra time to receive it, and hopefully the Amazon version already has English as the default language.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I took trash outta my car today.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I inflated the tires to 40psi to make the potholes less annoying, and roll easier on the highway. However I found rolling makes it like my '16 V6 which had such good rolling resistance my ankle got tired how I had to constantly ride the brake. In addition doing that exacerbates the poor alignment that I can't get don't right.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Reset the TPMS on our 2.0T Touring. The warning didn’t come on until after the third tire rotation, but come on it did. Had to do the recalibration twice, the indicator came on again within 5 min. driving, but then stayed off the second time. Luckily, calibration is easy to do.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Reset the TPMS on our 2.0T Touring. The warning didn’t come on until after the third tire rotation, but come on it did. Had to do the recalibration twice, the indicator came on again within 5 min. driving, but then stayed off the second time. Luckily, calibration is easy to do.
Yeah for some reason when the seasons change that thing goes off. I have no idea how it works but I jack up my tires to 35ish hot and it doesn't go off. On my CTS is never went off, but on my Aunts previous MKZ it went off frequently. No idea how this buggers work, but at least the Honda ones aren't a pain in the arse.

Speaking of, today I deflated my tires to 35 hot which means 33 I guess cold. I rather them at 40 or 45 for highway rolling, but with the anticipation of my tune coming tomorrow I need the added grip of lower pressure.
<-- if only it was that easy.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I got my girl a new home. Just had a my garage built so i dont have to worry about driveway oil changes, tire changes, mod installs outside in the elements any more. And most important no more tree branches falling on my car breaking stuff. LOL
garage1.jpg
garage2.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Phearable Stage 3 flashed it. Took one loop around town TOO MUCH TRAFFIC FOR ANYTHING HOLY CRAP. Went home and just parked it for a while.

1301 - 1316 of 1316 Posts