Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1421 - 1440 of 1490 Posts

·
CVtwo
‘21 Sport 2.0t
45 Posts
Had a weekend full of nice roadtrips, I went to the garage to give the front end a lil detail love, get rid of the bugs etc…ended up debadging the trunk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice ride! I like the rear spoiler. Which one is it? Have a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got it at $109 and it went up in price to $199now.... The shipping took almost 2 weeks from California to Wisconsin...

·
Registered
420 Posts
When I see those little led strips that stick to the back of the tv on sale for $6-7 I buy them. Those led strips are very low voltage and can run on batteries. I also found video only of how to turn old USB cables into power cords. So that gave me idea. And it worked wonderfully. Tapped into the power supply in the rear trunk light. The lights go on and off with the trunk light. For about $8 I can actually see the trunk when it's dark. Now the stock led/light bulb is dimmer when they are in, which makes sense, but really doesn't matter. Cheers lmk if y'all have any questions. Btw yes in DC (battery) systems typically the colored wire is positive and white is negative and is true here as well. I was thinking they may get alittle hot because of the extra voltage and I would have to used a little step down converter, or they stay on slightly because the resistor might not be enough but none of this. The first couple bulbs closest to power supply get very warm, but when I was glueing it down there and a few spots, it was not enough to burn my finger or anything and was able to hold it there in the bulb for min or two while the glue dried. This was also after the trunk was open for about 10 min as I was spot gluing a few areas and the lights were on. Last pic is in dark garage.

·
18 2.0T Touring
14 Posts
Bought it and waxed it! This is my 11th car, and 3rd Accord. The 18 2.0T Touring is just a tiny upgrade from the 06 EX 4-cyl I traded away in 2015 for the Crosstrek I just traded on this. It's amazing so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had the windows tinted today, 18% all around.

Looks good and can already tell a difference in the heat that I get inside.

Was going to get 35% because I thought that's what my last car had, but it must have been 18% as well.

Debating on buying a set of 17" wheels/tires now for a little more cushy ride.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Accord Touring 2.0T
86 Posts
I installed the factory puddle lights, factory lighted door sills and lower sills and factory foot well illumination. Did all at the same time so I only had to take the dash apart 1 time. The puddle lights were the hardest part for me removing the side skirts and getting the wiring into place.. but after much headache it’s done.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
512 Posts
I installed the factory puddle lights, factory lighted door sills and lower sills and factory foot well illumination. Did all at the same time so I only had to take the dash apart 1 time. The puddle lights were the hardest part for me removing the side skirts and getting the wiring into place.. but after much headache it’s done.
View attachment 531621
Looks great! At your convenience, could you please take a picture of the two lights (door and puddle) in the dark on asphalt to compare the illumination? TIA!

·
Registered
2021 Accord Touring 2.0T
86 Posts
Looks great! At your convenience, could you please take a picture of the two lights (door and puddle) in the dark on asphalt to compare the illumination? TIA!
Will try to get some tonight it was poring rain last night.

Went into the dark garage and took this so you can compare the two.The puddle lights operate along with the interior dome lights, come on when you unlock the car and stay on after locking or getting in the car and go out with whatever time you have set for the dome lights. The door projector lights are more of a narrow beam but the side lights provide better light than the stock bulbs that came in the car. I had to change all of the interior bulbs to LED can’t understand why Honda wouldn’t put them in but I guess they’re trying to save a buck. Then the foot well illumination lights work with your dash lights and stay on anytime your dash lights are on, when you adjust the brightness of your Dash the foot well illumination adjust as well. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
381 Posts
I finally have my Touring brake lights installed after 3 times of rear bumper dissemble!

It turns out that for 2020 Hybrid non-touring models, only the 2020 Hybrid Touring Rear Harness can work. I originally thought 2018-2020 has no change, but that led to EVAP system power problem and a check engine light on the dash.
The Rear Harness parts number indeed differs from 2018-2019 and 2020 models! The pins inside are rearranged.

Therefore, there are at least 4 different parts numbers of Rear Hardness if you want to do the switch by yourself.

1. 2018-2019 non hybrid, you should go with 2018-2019 non-hybrid touring rear harness.
2. 2018-2019 hybrid, you should go with 2018-2019 hybrid touring rear harness.
3. 2020 non hybrid, you should go with 2020 non-hybrid touring rear harness.
4. 2020 hybrid, you should go with 2020 hybrid touring rear harness.

If this brake lights continue to reserve for touring trim in 2021 model year, fine we have 2 more options :)

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
512 Posts
Went into the dark garage and took this so you can compare the two.The puddle lights operate along with the interior dome lights, come on when you unlock the car and stay on after locking or getting in the car and go out with whatever time you have set for the dome lights. The door projector lights are more of a narrow beam but the side lights provide better light than the stock bulbs that came in the car. I had to change all of the interior bulbs to LED can’t understand why Honda wouldn’t put them in but I guess they’re trying to save a buck. Then the foot well illumination lights work with your dash lights and stay on anytime your dash lights are on, when you adjust the brightness of your Dash the foot well illumination adjust as well. Hope this helps.
View attachment 531654

View attachment 531655
Thanks!!

·
jayhawk1
94 Posts
Removed the rear seat and side bolsters to install 80 mil Kilmat and Noico Red 150 mil CCF overtop it. Thanks to some great Youtube videos, removal of the seat cushions was a lot easier than it would have been without them. And the process of installing the sound deadening material was largely just mechanical. Next weekend, on to doing the rear doors.

·
Registered
2019 Platinum Pearl White 2.0 Sport 6MT
184 Posts
Removed the rear seat and side bolsters to install 80 mil Kilmat and Noico Red 150 mil CCF overtop it. Thanks to some great Youtube videos, removal of the seat cushions was a lot easier than it would have been without them. And the process of installing the sound deadening material was largely just mechanical. Next weekend, on to doing the rear doors.
Let's see some pics.

·
Registered
263 Posts
2.0 Normally, I'd have taken some pics, but I just got into what I was doing and failed to take any this time.
For that reason, you been banned for one week. You cannot post anything or log into your account

Lol, I am just kidding. Would have been awesome if you had some pictures to show us. Well, maybe next time.

1421 - 1440 of 1490 Posts