Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1441 - 1460 of 1490 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Removed the rear seat and side bolsters to install 80 mil Kilmat and Noico Red 150 mil CCF overtop it. Thanks to some great Youtube videos, removal of the seat cushions was a lot easier than it would have been without them. And the process of installing the sound deadening material was largely just mechanical. Next weekend, on to doing the rear doors.
I like the noico stuff as well. trunk and front doors some on the rear deck. I ran out and about to order more for my rear doors as they are starting to rattle alittle now. I have found the door handle screws on all the doors come loose and start rattling so i have removed the mechanism and put a sheet behind it and remounted them on top. Curious as to why did the area under the side bolsters as in the hybrid its already carpeted there(and the battery is under the seat so i didnt have to worry about that). Damn hybrid so quiet I hear every noise lol. Took off the seat belt slider too and put some on the back of that because had a slight rattle.

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 2.0 6MT
135 Posts
Saturday I had an Eibach front sway bar & Hasport rear torque mount installed. This Saturday it will be the Eibach lowering springs and rear camber arms.
How much was the labour for the front sway bar if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Accord EXL 2.0
98 Posts
How much was the labour for the front sway bar if you don't mind me asking?
Lucky for me my Nephew is certified master tech for a Toyota dealership. I gave him $300. The front bar is a pain in the a$$ to get to. You have either to either drop the subframe and steering rack completely down or do like he did and disconnect the steering rack and lower the subframe enough to get the bar switched out. (while on a lift)

·
Need some LSD...
130 Posts
I went to change my cabin air filter and found some rat/mouse poop on the filter and part of the filter was chewed up!! Oh hell no! So on my lunch break I did as another member did on here and sandwiched some wire mesh between the intake thing.

·
Registered
2019 Platinum Pearl White 2.0 Sport 6MT
184 Posts
I’ve read about that. What causes it?
Mishimoto said the bronze filter could get loose in some models, and that that causes the rattling. Had to pay a $15 warranty fee, and they shipped me a new can... we'll see how the new one goes.

·
jayhawk1
94 Posts
To make up for my sins of last weekend---failing to take pics of sound deadening work in the rear seat area---I've attached pics of left rear door efforts today. I did about 40% coverage with Kilmat and 90% with Noico 150 mil CCF Went pretty well, much easier than the rear seat. Surprised at the pathetic Honda sound deadening in the 2nd pic.

·
port & polish everything
1,600 Posts
The spot deadening is probably the resonant point on that panel. Think of it like a drum and where you dampen the skin while saving weight and cost. It is smart engineering.

·
jayhawk1
94 Posts
I agree that Honda probably did do the analysis to identify the most cost effective place to put some sound deadening, but when you tap on the outside of the door, the whole thing sounds hollow. Or at least it did, until I did this work today. More to follow on how effective the work has been

·
18 2.0T Touring
14 Posts
A quick wax and an attempt at a cool 4th of July shot, but the wind was not cooperative in the ten seconds my 2-year-old allowed me to try.

I've had this car two weeks and love it. Not even sure what I'd even want to do to it; it's fast enough and good looking enough as it is. Once I replace the cracked rear reflector, that is...

Attachments

Reactions: Samuelx

·
Registered
2019 Platinum Pearl White 2.0 Sport 6MT
184 Posts
A quick wax and an attempt at a cool 4th of July shot, but the wind was not cooperative in the ten seconds my 2-year-old allowed me to try.

I've had this car two weeks and love it. Not even sure what I'd even want to do to it; it's fast enough and good looking enough as it is. Once I replace the cracked rear reflector, that is...
You're absolutely right about it being fast and good looking enough. Congrats on yhe purchase.

·
2018 HAH Touring
135 Posts
I like the sound deadening some are doing. Big letdown on this car was the tire/road noise. Does not fit the otherwise premium build feel. Even my old lowered 2003 Acura coupe was quieter. Love to read how effective your work on it is. I have a Touring Hybrid.

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
2018 Sport 2.0T 6MT
93 Posts
I like the sound deadening some are doing. Big letdown on this car was the tire/road noise. Does not fit the otherwise premium build feel. Even my old lowered 2003 Acura coupe was quieter. Love to read how effective your work on it is. I have a Touring Hybrid.
I did all four doors of my Sport with Dynamat Lite on the outer skin and inner shell and can't notice a difference.

Reactions: outersquare

·
2018 Sport 2.0T 6MT
93 Posts
I noticed the difference instantly when closing the door after finishing.
I suppose it sounds a little more solid when I close the door and when I knock on the door from the outside, but I was going for reduced road noise. Any reduction in road noise has been negligible at best. I'm sure to really make a substantial difference you need to gut the whole car and apply sound deadening everywhere. It's not worth it to me; I was willing to spend $120 and a couple hours' work to give it a shot, but not much more.
My advice to anyone looking to reduce road noise is either to spend the substantial time and/or money to do it right (doors, floor, rear seat, firewall, roof, rear deck, trunk, etc.), or don't waste your time/money.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I suppose it sounds a little more solid when I close the door and when I knock on the door from the outside, but I was going for reduced road noise. Any reduction in road noise has been negligible at best. I'm sure to really make a substantial difference you need to gut the whole car and apply sound deadening everywhere. It's not worth it to me; I was willing to spend $120 and a couple hours' work to give it a shot, but not much more.
My advice to anyone looking to reduce road noise is either to spend the substantial time and/or money to do it right (doors, floor, rear seat, firewall, roof, rear deck, trunk, etc.), or don't waste your time/money.
Your correct the front doors did little.in terms of road noise. Actually the biggest difference came from the trunk area and rear quarter panel areas or the rear wheel wells, which are hollow with these tiny little pillows shoved in for sound absorbtion but are basically worthless. The trunk area def made the biggest difference(if you have a non hybrid probably under the rear seat as well). Everywhere else you mentioned has pretty thick carpeting for the most part to absorb the sound except the doors of course, even the front firewall area. I'm not sure about the headliner but I'm not sure I really want to deal with that as it as well is pretty heavily carpeted up there. I'll be adding a roof rack/cargo box soon for traveling and if I hear extra noise when it's installed ( plan on taking it off when not in use) I may consider it. But having the hybrid and it being so quiet I can hear where noises are coming from very easily, and trunk wheel well areas by far made biggest difference in terms of significantly reducing interior road noise. Really only reason I'm doing the rear doors because I have found the door handle mechanisms like to come loose and rattle on all the doors so I'm going to take the rear door skins off anyways to fix them so might as well. I also only really did the front doors because I upgraded the speakers. But 100% trunk area including the spare tire area def the way to go.

·
2018 HAH Touring
135 Posts
Makes sense. Most of the noise I hear seems to be behind me when driving from that large passenger space and trunk. I am thinking of getting thicker floormats and a trunkmat anyway, but mostly not for noise reasons, but it might help?

1441 - 1460 of 1490 Posts