Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1461 - 1480 of 1490 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Accord Touring 2.0T
86 Posts
Your correct the front doors did little.in terms of road noise. Actually the biggest difference came from the trunk area and rear quarter panel areas or the rear wheel wells, which are hollow with these tiny little pillows shoved in for sound absorbtion but are basically worthless. The trunk area def made the biggest difference(if you have a non hybrid probably under the rear seat as well). Everywhere else you mentioned has pretty thick carpeting for the most part to absorb the sound except the doors of course, even the front firewall area. I'm not sure about the headliner but I'm not sure I really want to deal with that as it as well is pretty heavily carpeted up there. I'll be adding a roof rack/cargo box soon for traveling and if I hear extra noise when it's installed ( plan on taking it off when not in use) I may consider it. But having the hybrid and it being so quiet I can hear where noises are coming from very easily, and trunk wheel well areas by far made biggest difference in terms of significantly reducing interior road noise. Really only reason I'm doing the rear doors because I have found the door handle mechanisms like to come loose and rattle on all the doors so I'm going to take the rear door skins off anyways to fix them so might as well. I also only really did the front doors because I upgraded the speakers. But 100% trunk area including the spare tire area def the way to go.
With the rear area creating the most noise what do you guys think of this idea.
On my generator for the Florida storms I have a horse stall Matt it kills all the vibration and a lot of the noise from it. Purchased at Tractor supply . Here is the link 3/4 inch thick maybe add some of this to the trunk area

·
Registered
420 Posts
That mat may work well, but might be a little too thick for the carpeting and everything to fit back in. I always order a weathertech trunk liner for my cars immediately upon purchasing them so that may be helping absorb some of the vibrations as well. As I mentioned ordering some more of the butylene and 150ml red foam for the rear doors and think I'm going to take of the liner off the actual trunk lid and do that too. I was adding some LEDs to trunk area and noticed that it's bare metal and I do still hear noise coming from that area sometimes.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
381 Posts
Oil and filter change at 31.6k miles.

It’s just hard to believe that modern Hondas can run 12k miles oil change interval judging by the ‘oil life %’ on my dash, so I decided to be a bit conservative and changed oil when it almost 10k miles.

The dash was showing A12 so I also replaced both air filters. They have picked up so many dusts! It’s a right time to replace them after these 31.6k miles.

I had a bit challenge re-positioning the lever that hooks up the glove box, thus unable to push pack the glove box. Thankfully it was resolved after watching a few videos.

YouTube is actually the biggest info source for a popular car like 10th gen Accord. You literally can find how to everything.

·
CVtwo
‘21 Sport 2.0t
45 Posts
YouTube is actually the biggest info source for a popular car like 10th gen Accord. You literally can find how to everything.
I use to live for ripping apart the interior of my 90s Hondas, but all the newer models since around the 9th gen, I haven’t been as comfortable with interior plastics and YouTube definitely made life a lot simpler when I had to do any work inside

·
Registered
263 Posts
It’s just hard to believe that modern Hondas can run 12k miles oil change interval judging by the ‘oil life %’ on my dash, so I decided to be a bit conservative and changed oil when it almost 10k miles.

The dash was showing A12 so I also replaced both air filters. They have picked up so many dusts! It’s a right time to replace them after these 31.6k miles.

I had a bit challenge re-positioning the lever that hooks up the glove box, thus unable to push pack the glove box. Thankfully it was resolved after watching a few videos.

I agree with you about our Hybrids going 12k before we can do oil change. That is why I let my car get to 12k before doing my first oil change. Right now, I am thinking of even going 13k before doing my second oil change. If I do that, I will send sample to Blackstone laboratories for an analysis.

I do not have a code for A12 yet, but I have removed and dusted both cabin and air filter 2 times and both times were quite dusty. I plan to change them at my next oil change which may be about 25k on odometer.

The lever for the glove compartment is truly tricky to put back. I also had a tough time and almost broke it. But I think I got it now and it was easier the second time I removed to dust my cabin air filter.I just have to order both filters now for when next I do my oil change so I can change both filters then myself.

And yes, YouTube is truly an amazing source of "How To" things for our cars and many other things.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
381 Posts
but I have removed and dusted both cabin and air filter 2 times and both times were quite dusty. I plan to change them at my next oil change which may be about 25k on odometer.
Thanks for the comment.

I’m not sure, but there’s a saying that air filters also have break in period i.e. they have best filtration after some dust sticks on. I also recall a dyno video demonstrating that engine power output is not decreased even equipped with visually very dusty air filter.

Still, if you feel good from routinely clean it, that’s good enough!

·
Registered
2019 Platinum Pearl White 2.0 Sport 6MT
184 Posts
Fixed an annoying rattle that had been coming from the passenger seatbelt. It was super simple and super gratifying - just removed the pillar cover, snapped on a few zip ties around this loose piece of plastic at the base of the seatbelt, and that was that.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Accord EXL 2.0
98 Posts
I removed my Hasport upper torque mount and put back on OEM mount. I recently installed a Hasport rear torque mount and I was running both mounts. I found the vibration with both mounts installed teeth rattling. I gave it a couple of weeks, but it never settled down to an acceptable level. Next time I have the car in the air I'll probably put the OEM rear mount back in and consider running only the Hasport upper mount.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I removed my Hasport upper torque mount and put back on OEM mount. I recently installed a Hasport rear torque mount and I was running both mounts. I found the vibration with both mounts installed teeth rattling. I gave it a couple of weeks, but it never settled down to an acceptable level. Next time I have the car in the air I'll probably put the OEM rear mount back in and consider running only the Hasport upper mount.
Mounts don't really start braking in until about 1000 miles. So unless you drive a significant amount, two weeks is not enough time.

·
Registered
2019 Platinum Pearl White 2.0 Sport 6MT
184 Posts
Installed my new mishimoto catch can (old one was rattling). Took her for a quick spin - and so far, so good. Mishimoto sent new screws with the can, which worked out well - because I noticed that my intake cover was missing a screw (super annoying). Fortunately, the screws on the can are the same size as the ones for the intake cover. *Fingers crossed that that's it for my mishimoto issues.

·
Registered
2021 Accord Touring 2.0T
86 Posts
Added a few things I think should have come on your Honda Accord.
Looking through AliExpress and found these parts to finish off your door hinges
and door bolt covers. Wanted to post if any one might be interested.Very cheap
add on. Less than 20.00 bucks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looking through AliExpress and found these parts to finish off your door hinges
and door bolt covers. Wanted to post if any one might be interested.Very cheap
add on. Less than 20.00 bucks.
View attachment 532667
I like these and would like to buy it also. Can you share a link to the exact one you bought? How long did it take before you got it delivered at your address? Over 1 month?
If you have a direct link on ebay for it, please share. I will check ebay to see.

·
Registered
2021 Accord Touring 2.0T
86 Posts
I like these and would like to buy it also. Can you share a link to the exact one you bought? How long did it take before you got it delivered at your address? Over 1 month?
If you have a direct link on ebay for it, please share. I will check ebay to see.
Here are the links on AliExpress for a few things. Shipping is 2 to 3 weeks but free. I have not fully searched through eBay just find it easier to go with Ali.
1.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33045855900.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.10064c4dF179RB
2.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32956491469.html
3.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32858583786.html
4.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001267539551.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.10064c4dF179RB
5.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001763624661.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.10064c4dF179RB
6.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000777516584.html?algo_pvid=d3a119bf-ac04-44ad-839c-823b9c74cd3a&algo_exp_id=d3a119bf-ac04-44ad-839c-823b9c74cd3a-21

1461 - 1480 of 1490 Posts