Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tint is lame, my car is a fishbowl!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I asked my dealer for window tint, and they will schedule for an outside service next week since the guy is out/busy/holiday, according to my saleman. I am surprised that they don't do it in-house. and it costs around $200

1) for those that have window tint, how do you like it? is it done by dealer or contractor or Honda?
2) how long would the tint last?
3) would you recommend window tint?

thanks

·
Rollin in FL
1,106 Posts
I asked my dealer for window tint, and they will schedule for an outside service next week since the guy is out/busy/holiday, according to my saleman. I am surprised that they don't do it in-house. and it costs around $200

1) for those that have window tint, how do you like it? is it done by dealer or contractor or Honda?

thanks
My local dealer has a tint person that is associated with 3M brand, and comes every tuesday and they do it in house for $200.

1) I love it. It gives the car a better look than a car without any tint. I had a local guy do it for $169 with 15% on the back and 20% on the front (Florida legal limits).
2) It lasts until you decide to remove it or something causes it to go bad.
3) Yes, if you want to have a cooler car and to give it a better look.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My local dealer has a tint person that is associated with 3M brand, and comes every tuesday and they do it in house for $200.

1) I love it. It gives the car a better look than a car without any tint. I had a local guy do it for $169 with 15% on the back and 20% on the front (Florida legal limits).
2) It lasts until you decide to remove it or something causes it to go bad.
3) Yes, if you want to have a cooler car and to give it a better look.
do you know what kind of tint film you have? Ceramic, Dyed, or Metalized Window Film?
what warranty do they give you?
why 15% on back and 20% front? you want to see better on the back?

·
Rollin in FL
1,106 Posts
do you know what kind of tint film you have? Ceramic, Dyed, or Metalized Window Film?
what warranty do they give you?
why 15% on back and 20% front? you want to see better on the back?
I do not know what kind of film was used, but the guy said it was premium and it does look like premium. However, I was in class while this was being done.
The warranty they gave me was a lifetime warranty as long as I own my car.
I choose that setup because my car doesn't have rear air vents, and at times I do have people sitting in the rear seats of my car. Plus, I heard if I go darker in the front, it would be horrible at night time to see.

·
Don't drink and drive
5,154 Posts
I never did mine at the dealer. I usually go with a local shop with good reviews. All my tints were no more than 160 total. Good work usually.

·
Rollin in FL
1,106 Posts
Florida legal tint is 28 font and 15 back
NC is 35 front and back
Yeah, I actually did legal limit, just the front part I always get confused whether it was either 28 or 20 in the front, lol...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I actually did legal limit, just the front part I always get confused whether it was either 28 or 20 in the front, lol...
my state NC limit is 35%. how does your 28% feel like at night? does it limit your vision? what about your 15% in the back? does it affect your rear view when you have to turn your head to look for blind spot, changing lanes?

·
Rollin in FL
1,106 Posts
my state NC limit is 35%. how does your 28% feel like at night? does it limit your vision? what about your 15% in the back? does it affect your rear view when you have to turn your head to look for blind spot, changing lanes?
It doesn't affect my view at all at night, and I am happy with it. The 28% and 15% makes the car feel a bit cooler than the outside temp during night hours, and I use all my mirrors and turn my head around before I make a lane change. However, my 6GA is currently sitting in the garage, as the local mech told me to come back on Tuesday so he can replace some critical items. Once you have tint on your ride, you can decide for yourself whether you like it or dislike it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
18 EX-L window tint

I did not realized until today that my 18 EX-L has back and rear window tint already. I don't know what tint level is but it looks very transparent.

1) Is this done by Honda or dealer? for all trim or just EX-L
2) If it came from Honda, is it baked into the class or just regular tint film?
3) My dealer is going to install tint on the whole car. can you apply tint on a window that already has tint?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,189 Posts
All your windows except windshield already has some tint to them from the factory. Not a film. You should be aware that when the tint shop uses x% it's actually darker overall because of the tint already in the windows.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I watched window tint process on youtube and saw they use alot of water. does it affect electronics and speakers? before dropping my car for a tint job, should I cover the speakers at the rear window and window power buttons at driver door?

·
HK Moderator
13,425 Posts
Yes, water will affect electronics and speakers. Perhaps it would be wise to speak with the tint people and see if they require you to cover all electronics or if they will do this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just got back from having my windows done (sport grille done yesterday). 35% tint. Suntek brand. $190.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts

thanks
I had mine done by an outside contractor because he is the only licensed 3M window tint installer in my area. He charged $247 for the tint on the side windows and the back. However, he uphold me some type of film 3M just came out with for the front windshield for an additional $120. It’s basically clear, but supposedly keeps out a fair amount of heat. He showed me some demo thing from 3M. Not sure if I really needed it, but it does seem to keep my front dash cooler. The nice thing about using 3M tint is that it comes with a lifetime warranty. They give you a card with all of the information on it. Supposedly, if you ever have an issue, you can bring your vehicle and that card to any 3M dealer and they will fix it free of charge. However, I’ve never had any issues with mine, so can’t attest to the warranty.

I had 3M tint on my 2014 Accord. It looks just as good as they day I had it done 4 years ago.

I think it does a good job of keeping the car cool and it adds something extra visually. Both of my Accords have been white, and the dark tint looks great.

Florida legal tint is 28 font and 15 back
NC is 35 front and back
I live in Florida. I asked for the legal limit and got 20 in the front and 35 in the back. This is interesting.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had mine done by an outside contractor because he is the only licensed 3M window tint installer in my area. He charged $247 for the tint on the side windows and the back. However, he uphold me some type of film 3M just came out with for the front windshield for an additional $120. It’s basically clear, but supposedly keeps out a fair amount of heat. He showed me some demo thing from 3M. Not sure if I really needed it, but it does seem to keep my front dash cooler. The nice thing about using 3M tint is that it comes with a lifetime warranty. They give you a card with all of the information on it. Supposedly, if you ever have an issue, you can bring your vehicle and that card to any 3M dealer and they will fix it free of charge. However, I’ve never had any issues with mine, so can’t attest to the warranty.

I had 3M tint on my 2014 Accord. It looks just as good as they day I had it done 4 years ago.

I think it does a good job of keeping the car cool and it adds something extra visually. Both of my Accords have been white, and the dark tint looks great.

I live in Florida. I asked for the legal limit and got 20 in the front and 35 in the back. This is interesting.
Very nice!

so your front is darker than the back? do you have any visibility issue at night when you look left or right side?

how was your car after they were done with window tint? glass scratches or any water left over?

I just got back from having my windows done (sport grille done yesterday). 35% tint. Suntek brand. $190.
any window glass scratch from outside or water left over after they were done with window tint?

·
Registered
104 Posts
No scratches but a few tiny water bubbles that they said work themselves out after being in the sun for a few days (hence no opening the windows for 48 hours). Nothing different from any other job I've had done.

·
Registered
105 Posts
One of the first things I do is get the tint applied. I would not let the dealer do it unless you can be certain of the quality of the tint and also if they have good guarantee or warranty. One thing I would recommend is to make the rear window at least 5% darker than the back windows, it looks great and gives you a bit more privacy and thermal protection in the back.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Very nice!

so your front is darker than the back? do you have any visibility issue at night when you look left or right side?

how was your car after they were done with window tint? glass scratches or any water left over?
No my back is darker. Maybe I got the numbers backwards. No visibility issues.

And no scratches. There were a few bubbles, but they disappeared over a day or two. I was told that was to be expected.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts