Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tint is lame, my car is a fishbowl!

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Visibility will not be an issue. The brake light is very bright and is not affected by the tint. Looks better without the cutout.
All vehicles that have factory tinted rear glass have no cutouts. It is a clean seamless appearance.

·
REV29K
556 Posts
Most of the better shops are using machine cutters with software at this point. My tint place just chose the cutout (or not) option and the machine cut it exactly. All the installer has to do now is make sure the windows are clean and know how to apply the film.

Incidentally, this is why I wouldn't ever negotiate tint as part of a car purchase. They use mobile guys that use questionable tint and probably hand-cut the film. At the very least, you're NOT getting ceramic film when you negotiate tint into a purchase deal. And good luck finding the warranty paperwork for that wonderful tint job. No thanks.
My tint was part of the deal and, for most people, the tinting would be fine. They used 3M film but as you say not ceramic or a high heat blocking material. I wanted upgraded tint so I spoke with the person who does the tint on-site at the dealership and they agreed to remove the 3M tint and install a different brand with a high level of energy blocking.

On the plus side, the tint has a lifetime warranty through the Honda dealership so if I have any problems the dealership will take care of replacement, despite whatever tint company they are using say 5 years from now. I prefer going through the dealership since many local tint shops around me are known to not stay in business more than a few years so the "lifetime" warranty becomes worthless.

Also, since the tint company that works with the dealership does hundreds of Honda cars per month, the quality of installation is very good and the dealership gets a highly discounted rate. I'm sure I came away spending less money overall for the tint with the purchase of the car. Another independent shop would have cost me an additional $300-$400 on top of my purchase had I decided to do the tint after the purchase.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I specifically asked that they not cut out the center stop lamp when they tinted my windows.

·
2018 Accord EX-L 2.0T
267 Posts
I was at my tint stop yesterday in VA. They warn that failure to cut the brake light may result in failure of the state safety inspection.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an option between 20% or 32%, legal is 30% (indiana). Going to get it done tomorrow but wanted to take a look at the two before I made a choice. 50/50 right now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I always get tint in my car, usually 5% in the back doors and rear windshield, and 20-35% in front windows. If your interior is dark, then a 50% would be fine so that it doesn't look to dark when sun is out. I'm in CA and usually pay my guy about $130. I have never had an issue but i can't say how long it lats since I usually sell my cars within 3 years of owning.

Keeps the car cooler, protects from UV and it makes your car look good!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I must be a strange one. I do not like tinted windows. I think that no-tint looks better on cars than tinted. I also don't like that it makes the inside too dark. I prefer natural light or ambient light from outside. Make me feel more connected to the surroundings.

P.S., I live in the DC area. I think that I will be force to tint because of heat issue should I have to move to the South South.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i have 5% all around i kinda dont care!
Looks nice...but NJ is not too forgiving when it comes to enforcing window tint infraction. During my brief time in NJ, I was not able to find an independent station who would pass my cars with 40% tint on the front windows. :|

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have 20% all around and %70 on the front windshield. Looks dark but blocks most of the UV rays out. I can still see perfectly fine at night.
I'm interested in getting the front windshield tinted, but am worried about the potential excess liquid dripping into the firewall/dashboard when they go to squeegee the water out and make it adhere to the glass... I don't think you would have any problems, but did you notice anything out of the ordinary after you got it done?

20% tints FTW though, as I have it too, and a full coverage sunscreen to mitigate the heat effects so just curious :wink

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have had all my cars tinted with a low % Llumar Ceramic Tint. The MDX had Air 80 on the front windshield. I even have the sunroof tinted. I too was worried about the possible liquid getting into the dash from putting a whole windshield tint on so I passed on it at the current moment. I feel like the car isn’t mine unless it’s tinted.

101 - 120 of 143 Posts