Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was on the road today doing some shopping and for some reason every time I saw an 8th generation coupe my head turned. I counted 11 coupes on the road in a 1 hour time frame. Most of them were red, black, and polished metal. I didn't see any belize blue or silver. Most were 08-10 V6's. A few I4's. There was this one guy in a white 2011 V6 I saw at a red light, but for some reason he couldn't stop staring at my black 09 V6. The 2011's are okay in person, but those tail lights pop up like a damn jack in the box. I like the aggressive front grill. The wheels are just okay, but better than the 08-10 V6 wheels. I still like the I4 wheels alot better though. I'm so curious what Honda will bring to the table for the 9th generation coupe.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
The place to be Seen

Driving an hour on the Grand Central everyday I see about a dozen. All styles, colors, modded, stock...Love em in traffic to compare ! We are driving some hot cars cause people are always lookin at my car too !! Happy New Year to All !!!!:banana::wave:

·
lol wut
570 Posts
How many STi's have you seen? That's what I'll be getting next.
Damn enjoy it when you do get it! I've always loved Subarus..

And OP, Accords are common everywhere kinda.. Well not sure about where you live, but today in the parking lot of my local grocery store (a small one at that), I counted 7 or more 8th gen sedans/coupes.

·
Registered
101 Posts
...Accords are common everywhere kinda.. .
Hell yeah... People aren't stupid... Hondas are the best cars on the road... There's a reason they "are common everywhere" :) :)

Happy New Year!!! :banana::nuts::naughty::notworthy:lmao::thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
They will change the body. They will also change the driver's wheel and dash. Look at the '11 Odys and I will bet a similar design will be the next "trend" since they like to use share styles. They *may* add the 6spd tranny to the EX-L model or wait to add it to the 9.5gen. my $.02.

·
Registered
137 Posts
There are only a handful of coupes in my area, which I love! I hate to see myself coming and going.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

·
2009 v6 Accord Coupe BBP
33 Posts
i see about 20 at a time. sitting in a lot. at the dealership i work at :)

·
out of control
2,302 Posts
this will NEVER happen....Honda's tooling, philosophy, planning and technology is in FWD for every product that is a mainstream family car platform.
+1,000

Honda has already invested a lot into the j-series engine. If they were to make the accord rwd, they would have to redesign everything on the engine to the bone. If the accord will ever have anything different, it would be SH-awd but that will be many many many years to come if at all.

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
Awd is very inefficient in terms of weight and mpg. I don't think Honda will use it on accords.

Where I live, I still dont see too many coupes, especially v6's. Mine might be the only modded v6 coupe around. :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Not many coupe Accords here in Vegas most of them have the base model sedan. I was the first one with the Inspire conversion and everytime I head out to the dealer they admire my car being so unique and couple times was followed and asked why is my Accord different from the others. People ask what does INSPIRE means well its JDM version of Accord and why are their Accord doesnt have projector like mine---RETROFIT thanks to HIDILLUSIONZ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts