Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Accord Hybrid Touring
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wanted to make a quick post about what services the minder gives you at the 110,000 mile mark. We'll, mine came on at about 110,700...
Car Speedometer Vehicle Trip computer Odometer

Time for a coolant change. I don't have enough knowledge of where the drain for the inverter is, so unfortunately I'm taking it to dealer to have this done. I've always done my own oil changes, so I'm doing that, but having dealer do the coolant change.

·
Registered
‘21 HAH EX-L Platinum White Privilege
136 Posts
You can do the engine coolant.

Font Parallel Slope Auto part Terrestrial plant

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Terrestrial plant

The inverter coolant change needs a scan tool to activate the bleed sequence, and a new sealing o-ring. Some independents may have the scan tool access.
Font Brand Advertising

Font Parallel Diagram Document Paper

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, thank you for this Mike!

Yeah, I read this on some other posts, but didn't see the pictures of where the drain for the inverter was.

I have an early morning appointment tomorrow at the dealer to have this done. $240 for change. Im definitely going to have them confirm though that they change the inverter coolant as well as its the main reason I'm taking it to the Honda dealer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So dealer wanted to only do radiator coolant change and wanted to charge me another $240 to do the inverter coolant change.... I declined.

Is code 5, coolant change, only for radiator on hybrid or is it for the full system, radiator AND inverter coolant change?

This is what my manual says for item 5:
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

·
8th Gen Believer
4,873 Posts
Just a caution note, as you've noticed dealers are charging outrageous amounts for simple maintenance. Another dealer may be worse. Find a good independent shop that knows Honda, FYI.

Reactions: Sammbpbsb

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a caution note, as you've noticed dealers are charging outrageous amounts for simple maintenance. Another dealer may be worse. Find a good independent shop that knows Honda, FYI.
You're right about that Slim. I need to look for a good independent shop. For some reason it never occurred to me to do this! Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts