Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

port & polish everything
double wishbones, exhaust header, 7000+ rpm redline...

port & polish everything
You know what would be cool to see in the 11th gen? A new headlight design, where headlights are not tucked away to become snow collectors and/or have heaters in the lenses to help clear collected snow.

Asking for a friend or two. 馃槢
On some models the highbeam is still incan, dunno if that's enough to warm up the headlights though. With modern engines getting 40% efficiency, there isn't much waste heat to help.

People in northern areas are gonna have problems with OEMs and .gov pushing EVs since the batteries already lose range just from being cold, let alone running the heater continuously.

I've complained about the radar sensor, if they move the sensor up behind the badge and keep most things the same I might trade just for that. The civic got really restyled for 11G but mechanically didn't change much. But also watching for Civic Type R and Integra Type S.

Honda's new car supply still seems screwed up even today though so I need that to normalize really before I do buy anything. I've never paid MSRP or more and I don't plan on starting.

Reactions: 2005 6mt

port & polish everything
MT has a speculative article about next gen accord today, they think it will be 2023 model. They're saying what i was guessing based on what happened to new civic, a major restyle with the three existing powertrains updated.

port & polish everything
That was an article that contained several paragraphs- yet said nothing. All they did was do a very cheap photoshop job on the current Accord- leaving 99% of the car the same. They put new wheels on it, made the headlights and grille look like the current Civic, and did a modification of the taillights. Everything else is the same. They indicate that they think that they'll do a minor restyling of the Accord- yet they have nothing to base that on other than the fact that Honda took the more adventurous styling and mellowed it out a bit... so given that the current Accord is pretty mellow- they aren't likely to make big changes. With that said, every Accord generational change in the past twenty years has been a rather substantial reworking of the car- with no (or very little) carried over from the previous generation in terms of design.

We'll just have to wait.
So yes the article has bad photoshops and not much firm, but they are taking the stand that it will be 2023 model so we won't have to wait long to see if they are right at all. Sometimes the press gets stuff "off the record", so there may or may not be anything behind the article.

port & polish everything
I don't know about the Accord but for the Integra, Honda/Acura PR people said they couldn't do an Integra coupe because they already killed the civic coupe and didn't have a platform to reuse.

port & polish everything

port & polish everything
I don't think the 2.0T is going anywhere. The TLX got it not that long ago. Honda just announced the next civic type R laps faster than the last one so it is probably getting an updated 2.0T. Then Honda trademarked the Integra Type-S recently so that is probably getting the 2.0T also.

port & polish everything
One possibility also is that Audi has "mild hybrid" 48V or even 12V including their 2.0T models. I had a 2021 Q5 rental like this and couldn't tell it was any kind of hybrid. The funny thing is I think even Audi says it barely adds any power. I suppose I can live with that because there are implementations where the traditional starter/alternator are replaced with a single integrated unit that also adds a bit of drive power.

port & polish everything

port & polish everything
A bigger hybrid system will barely do anything for long high speed cruise. High speed cruise consumes lots of energy, both kinetic energy and aero drag are square functions of velocity. Also by simple physics gasoline has far more energy density than batteries and thus better endurance.

When I drive from LA to SD I often pass base model Teslas driving below the speed limit because they can barely make the trip. Vid of 37+ year old Accord on autobahn and the first car he passes is a Tesla.

port & polish everything
UPDATE 7/26/22: Honda has confirmed to C/D that the redesigned Accord will be a 2023 model-year vehicle and that the new generation will launch early next year. We expect the hybrid to go on sale a few months later than the standard model, like with the new 2023 CR-V. This story has been updated accordingly.

port & polish everything
1 - 12 of 12 Posts