Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
2022 Honda is already out. What else can we expect from 11th Gen Honda Accord? I assume we will hear more or see some spyshots after CR-V announcement, unless Honda decides keeping 10th gen another year.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Front looks more like Acura/Ford inspired, side profile is hard to make out but less aggressive than 10th gen. Rear looks great and better than current gen. I wish front was a bit more aggressive like current gen. (just opinion based on leaked patent images).

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
104 Posts
Was using voice text sorry sonata . 🙄

I just think since a lot of auto makers are going away from sedans I honestly don’t think hard is going to make any drastic changes. Especially since the CRVHRV and civic all have pretty much the same style of interior I think the accord will follow suit which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but if I want all the upgraded tech features ambient lighting panoramic sunroof etc. they may push me more towards the Sonata n-line night edition . But I’m willing to wait to see what the production models gonna look like and if they actually make a true sport model that all significantly separated from the other models. All my cars have been Hondas but I just don’t think they’re going to make any drastic changes
The interior will be the same and there won't be any pano or luxury class features that will beat their Acura model. I think the Civic design, leaked and current rendering are pretty on point on how it will look (more or less). Less aggressive than current gen but more cleaner and lean look. Personally, I am not a big fan of Hyundai/Kia but warming up, they are doing superb with their interior and technology.

·
Registered
104 Posts
e won't be any pano or luxury class features that will beat their Acura model. I think the leak
Nice ! I hope so because with the value of my current 2020 2.0t sport lease I think I can make a deal for either this car if I wait till it comes out obviously or I’m thinking of switching to a Hyundai Sonata n-line if they don’t upgrade to the features I want and the sonata n-line has .
It may be worth the wait but 2.0t is gonna be hard to beat. We are almost closer to a reveal if there's no delay. I am a bit skeptical about it being 2024 model, I don't see a delay, given that all model have been announced on time (civic, civic type r, crv) but anything is possible.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow these renders really make you realize how massive the Accord has gotten. Thing looks huge in the renders especially with that big rear overhang. 10th gen is already a big car so I'm wondering if 11th is going to be much bigger or not. As far as styling goes, the renders are again not doing it any favors. Looks like a Ford Taurus from the front with the 11th gen Civic taillights. It's not bad but seems more like a lateral move in styling from Honda. Nothing that really makes me think my 10th gen is a step back in styling.

Hopefully the interior is improved, although I'm starting to think all Honda interiors are going to look the same now and it'll have the same Civic/CRV dashboard design. Honda has historically always made the Accord interior slightly more classy and unique compared to all of it's other models, we'll see if that stays true here.
Highly doubt it. Same design all across the board.

·
Registered
104 Posts
After seeing the Civic Type R. It's going to be really hard to swallow the new Accord front-end in comparison to 10th gen. The clean and classic look is all great but I really hope they do something more than what we have seen so far with their current line ups.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Agree , I’m hoping for the accord sport model they really do more to it to make it look like a sport model instead of just putting sporty rims on it and blacked out “spoiler” and rear mirrors . They need to realize that we still like sport models that are sporty . Sonata n-line , Kia k5 gt and even to camera Trd make a true sport model with many tech features and aesthetic features . Hopefully they follow suite but I’m not holding my breather like I said I’m an earlier post .
Yes, they are doing great with tech features and AWD is a plus for the price range. Sonata N-line is great but I am warming up to Kia's K5 design. I am not fond of Sonata's front-end, a bit too messy for my taste. These recent rendering is more likely to be LX, EX, EX-L design. Sports and Touring will have a little more touch up in the front just like the CR-V, I don't expect it to be groundbreaking. As for the interior, given that CR-V did not get much and looks almost identical to Civic. It's more likely be the same as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Quoting myself here, but just wanted to provide an update as my dealer texted me this morning with an update on my deposit.

The 2022 Accord Sport 1.5 that I ordered in May was built this week as scheduled and has just shipped from the factory in Marysville, Ohio. It'll be on the lot ready for me within a few weeks, if not sooner. Amazingly, the build was precisely on schedule too to the exact date range that the dealer provided me back in May.

I'm not sure of the technical process of flipping the factory lines over to a new generation, whether they flip everything over at once, whether they build both gens simultaneously for a short period, etc. But I suppose we know for sure with my example that Honda is still building 2022 Accords as of this week.
How does this work btw? Can you bargain or do you have to pay whatever MSRP or Dealership charge you?

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's a very different process now than it used to be. The short answer is there's no bargaining one-on-one with dealers. They set their price, and it's take it or leave it. If you say no thanks, they say ok and let you walk out the door. They don't even call back a few days later trying to change your mind (at least not in my experience).

The only bargaining options you have is contacting all the dealers you're willing to travel to. Figure out who has the best price and go with them. In my region, some were charging $5k markups ABOVE MSRP. Others were some various combo of MSRP + dealer accessory packages ranging from $200 to $2k. The dealer I chose is only requiring a $200 accessory purchase. Ok, fine whatever. I don't really want that accessory for $200, but it's the best I can find so I have the choice of taking it or just not buying a car. Nobody else within reasonable distance from me is offering a better price.

Here's an odd nugget I also discovered: dealers here seem to have two price points, one for customers "in town" and one for customers out of town. They'd always ask me where I was coming from, then say "oh you're local so you qualify for our better offer" which was still MSRP + whatever markup/accessory package.

So long as the dealers have no issues finding buyers willing to pay, this is the situation we'll be in. They won't reverse course again until they start having cars sitting on their lots. Even the dealers requiring $5k markups are moving their cars. Someone's willing to pay. I negotiated hard during our previous two car purchases, and succeeded both times (deals > $5k under MSRP). But that was years ago. Dealers would have hundreds of cars on their lots, and you can pit them against each other until someone would cave and undercut the others on price. I tried that approach again a year ago, and it was an epic fail. Nobody budged on their price - they were like granite.

My car "order" is a loose term. Really all I did was tell them the trim and color I wanted (Sport 1.5L in black). They told me the next car fitting that criteria allocated to them that does not have an existing deposit would be built on a certain date range roughly 3 months out. They essentially had a list of models/trims/colors of cars that Honda had allocated to their dealership along with dates of when those cars were expected to be built. Some trims apparently are not really available. Multiple dealers told me the entire state would only have 3 or 4 LX trims allocated several months out, and they were earmarked toward specific dealerships (i.e. the ones charging $5k markups).

By putting a $500 deposit down, I'm essentially holding that car and have earned first right of refusal. Then you just wait. The dealer has texted me periodically with updates, most recently that the car has been built and has shipped (but not yet arrived). That's where I am now. Once it arrives, they'll hold it for me until I can go in and get it. So far as I know, they do not allow other customers to look at the car or test drive it if it sits on their lot a few days until I can get there. It's basically reserved for me.

For the most part the dealers have been pleasant. Most have acknowledged that all they're doing is just taking orders/deposits.
I am just glad to be not in the market for a new car. I will hold onto 2017 Accord few more years. I bought it at 25K OTD for an Sport SE. Pre-pandemic prices were at least 3K-5K less. These markups are going out of control. I don't think we will be seeing cars waiting at the lot anytime soon. Thanks for the insight!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts