Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
My lease on 2020 2.0t sport is up in a year and a half . I hope Honda pays attention to what things, especially in the Interior, The Kia and Mazda are doing as far as integrating the screen into the dash excuse me the infotainment screen into the dash etc. The accord always tends to have some tech or design ahead of the civic so I’m hoping they do that. As far as the exterior I think all the chrome on the bumpers will be gone since it looks like the HRV and civic don’t have it anymore and it looks like the pilot won’t either it will all be body colored which I’m really liking. If the spy shot is real you can see they got rid of the crab claw tail light and just kept the top section and they are smoked out like all the other new designs coming out which I really like. The only other thing I hope they do for the sport model is offer black rims with a lot more black accents like they did with the midcycle redesign but take it a little further. I love the new TLX and the new BMW two series with the end package. The black accents make it look way more sporty and hopefully they give more of a Brooklyn Grey rock versus the bluish gray look they have currently. Keep the spy shots come in guys I look for updates almost daily on with this car is going to look like and I’m hoping they release the design soon

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like it . Back tail lights are more like a civic hrv design without the crab claw and smoked out it seems. Like the spoiler . Headlights look like a different LED design which is cool and they look thinner. I think with the painted front bumper versus the smoked chrome it will really enhance it as well just like it has for the other vehicles that have come out recently. Now that I’m getting spoiled I can’t wait to see what interior changes they made especially to the entertainment system. I would love to see it attached to the speedometer cluster like they do in the keys now and get away from the iPad design . The only other things I’m hoping for especially on the sport model is more black accents black rims etc. It’s actually do something to the sport model this time to make it look sporty and differentiate it from the other models not just rims

·
Registered
23 Posts
So new Civics are looking more like Accords, and new Accords are looking more like Civics. Great! 🤦‍♂️…
Well when the 2018 redesign came out it had the crab claw design of taillights like the Civic then but the front looked different . I for one like the new civic and when I trade my lease in on my 2020 2.0t sport , I hope they do a lot more for the sport models than the previous ones. Also typically the interior is upgraded or designed different than the civic . So I can’t wait to see some interior pics soon

·
Registered
23 Posts
What are your guys thoughts on the Sonata n line? I have the 2 L sport model accord and my dealer reached out to me and wants to make me an offer to buy my lease out early I’m assuming because of the lack of inventory on the preowned lot and the fact that they can sell my car for a ton of money when I look up the value of it currently. I know the look of the Sonata is either you like it or you hate it but it’s starting to grow on me especially with the tech features and I love the interior look with the infotainment system ambient lighting etc. I don’t care about quarter-mile times and it seems to have more of a sporty sound and features than the accord. My problem is Honda I feel isn’t going to change much of the interior maybe make the infotainment screen larger but they probably won’t be adding a panoramic sunroof or have the infotainment system look like it’s attached to the speedometer like the Hyundai does. The night edition of the n line Looks awesome and I wish the accord would come out with an actual sport model with all the features that Hyundai is putting out with the in-line but I feel like they’re not with the exception of maybe black rims and black rear mirrors etc. Just wanted to get your thoughts on your feelings of it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Whatever the 2023 will be like, I surely hope it will have a better sound system than my 2020 Touring. From “FM HD” to playing songs from my USB Flash Drive, nearly everything is to some degree distorted. I would think at least the “top-of-the-line” Touring would be better, but apparently not.
That’s what I’m worried about with Honda things that you mentioned with the sound system, panoramic sunroof, engine, and basically make the sport model and/or touring model Stand out besides small cosmetic locks and the lighted seats and leather. That’s why I’m seriously considering the sonata n-line. Some people aren’t real fans of the luxe but I’ll tell you it looks way better in person and it’s starting to grow on me especially with the tech features in the overall look of the car inside as well. I’m anxious to see what interior features Honda is going to differentiate the sport model and touring model from the others besides leather seating and heated seats or ventilated seats and rims. I have a feeling Honda isn’t going to really change much when I see the civic SI which is the top-of-the-line besides the type r in the HRV pretty much have all the same features for the most part and no model really stands out tech wise.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So here’s my issue now. Yes I can see that the new leaks show it to look a little more like a Ford Taurus but I do like that they’re getting rid of smoke chrome and doing all painted this time around it makes it look more sleek. My problem now is my lease on my sport 2 L turbo is up in October 2023. Honda and other manufactures wanna buy it back early and it’s still in great condition and has low mileage I have 15,000 miles and only 21,000 miles on the car with 15 payments left. I can get top value for my vehicle right now since dealerships want to buy it back for me. I’m kind of intrigued by the Hyundai Sonata n-line and the Kia K5 GT mostly because of the panoramic sunroof and the tech features included with it also the way the infotainment system wraps around the speedometer in Tach . The look of the Senada has also grown on me especially in the night edition in white. I want to wait to see what interior features and the overall car will look like when they release the production model look but right now I can get top dollar for my car. I feel like Honda is going to stick with what the new model HRV and CRV and civic look like interior wise which I don’t mind but I feel like it’s not gonna have a panoramic sunroof and a lot of the tech features such as ambient lighting and what not that you can get in the Senada. Should I pull the trigger and really look into those cars or would you guys wait around?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Personally I would wait, as I am a Honda fan. But there’s no right answer.

Will you tell us the dealers who want to buy back your leased car? I have a leased 2020 Touring 2.0T with only 6500 miles on it and 11 payments left. A total creampuff. Perhaps I can do a deal.
Yeah I have a feeling I’m gonna end up waiting. I may stop by Hyundai to see if they want to make a deal with me for the N-line And I want to test drive it just to see if I like the features in the feel of the . vehicle. I’m in New Jersey so it’s my local dealer here in marlton Burns Honda. Ironically three weeks ago when I was traveling for work in around the Baltimore area all four of my rims were stolen out of the hotel parking lot and while I was waiting for them to get new rims in for me the dealership called me and made me an offer. I have 15,000 miles on my lease right now and they offered me basically the same deal for a brand new 2022 at the same payment and mileage. But it’s essentially the same car that I have now so it’s either go with a Hyundai or wait to see what the new model looks like. I just feel like Hondas gonna stick with the standard moonroof and not that many advanced features. The one thing that I like about the Kia K5 GT is that it has heated and ventilated seats. I’ll see if Hyundai wants to work a deal with me without any money out of pocket like Honda does since the car is worth so much. They gave me a price for the 2020 L sport turbo of 29,000 and change and they offer me around 28,000 and change for my car. I’m a Honda fan too and I’ve had all Hondas but I feel like Honda isn’t gonna do any drastic changes along the lines of what the Sonata has to offer like a panoramic moonroof And tech features it may just look different but kind of be the same.

I’m really anxious to see when some spy photos come out or leaks of what the interior is going to look like. That’ll really make me want to either wait around for it or possibly get into the sonata n-line or k5 gt

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the info. By the way, Honda Tourings also come with heated and ventilated seats.
Oh I know trust me. The only problem with the touring model for me is that it’s closer to BMW pricing. I’m liking what I see with the exterior of the new accord redesign but like I said before now I’m just waiting to see what interior changes they make if anything and that’ll make my decision easier

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm biased. I always bought Honda/Acura but I look at the Korean cars as vehicles you keep for the warranty period and sell. Japanese cars seem like a more long term purchase to me. There is something to slow updates and changes, see quality and Toyota for examples. Also to be chasing after new tech that changes every few years is not my goal.
I thought both KIA and Hyundai announced theywere soon dropping some of their sedans from production. Dont know much about these new cars u mention but never was a fan of Hyundai trendy styling --- but I think their new electrics are stirring things up a lot!!! I wouldn't buy any vehicle without some electrification now.
Get whatever u like tho...Good luck.
I’m the same way believe me my last five cars were Hondas I got the 2018 1.5 L turbo and white in this lease is the 2022.0 turbo and black. I don’t hate the car there’s just some features that I wish Honda would get in their vehicles like the competition does that’s all. Look up a Hyundai SOnata n-line yes I know some people either like the look or hate it lol but it’s growing on me and it’s got a lot of features that I’d like a panoramic sunroof being one of them. But I’m probably gonna end up waiting to see what this new Honda looks like inside and out and features. Does anybody have an idea or speculation of when Hondas planning on revealing the new accord?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do we have any realistic idea of when they’ll be revealing the actual accord redesign? I’m really debating on whether to get the new Senada N line because of the value that’s in my lease right now on my 2 L turbo accord. But I wanna see what features Honda is bringing to the table with the new Accord redesign. I doubt they’ll be doing any sort of panoramic sunroof I’d like to see if they at least have a better sound system and interior quality and features like the Senada n line has.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Who builds the Senada?
Was using voice text sorry sonata . 🙄

Absolutely agree about the sound system. My 2020 Touring’s is pitiful. Almost everything is distorted to some degree. My wife’s 2002 Mini’s is much better!
I just think since a lot of auto makers are going away from sedans I honestly don’t think hard is going to make any drastic changes. Especially since the CRVHRV and civic all have pretty much the same style of interior I think the accord will follow suit which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but if I want all the upgraded tech features ambient lighting panoramic sunroof etc. they may push me more towards the Sonata n-line night edition . But I’m willing to wait to see what the production models gonna look like and if they actually make a true sport model that all significantly separated from the other models. All my cars have been Hondas but I just don’t think they’re going to make any drastic changes

·
Registered
23 Posts
The interior will be the same and there won't be any pano or luxury class features that will beat their Acura model. I think the Civic design, leaked and current rendering are pretty on point on how it will look (more or less). Less aggressive than current gen but more cleaner and lean look. Personally, I am not a big fan of Hyundai/Kia but warming up, they are doing superb with their interior and technology.
Agree with everything you said . With the value I can get for my current lease I’m thinking of switching up but I don’t want to regret it when they reveal the accord . Wish I knew when they are going to 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
23 Posts
For comparison... the 2018 Accord was announced June 19, 2017 that it will be announced July 14.

8th gen was announced September 10. 7th gen announced July 29.

Based on all that, hopefully very soon.
Nice ! I hope so because with the value of my current 2020 2.0t sport lease I think I can make a deal for either this car if I wait till it comes out obviously or I’m thinking of switching to a Hyundai Sonata n-line if they don’t upgrade to the features I want and the sonata n-line has .

·
Registered
23 Posts
It may be worth the wait but 2.0t is gonna be hard to beat. We are almost closer to a reveal if there's no delay. I am a bit skeptical about it being 2024 model, I don't see a delay, given that all model have been announced on time (civic, civic type r, crv) but anything is possible.
I’ll probably wait to pull the trigger on anything but what I feel is that Hondas not gonna do anything revolutionary to the interior or upgrade which at that point I’ll probably make a switch the Hyundai since it has all the Tekken features that I’m looking for but we shall see

·
Registered
23 Posts
Highly doubt it. Same design all across the board.
I agree , however there were a lot Of features that they put into the 2018 accord to resign that no other models had such as the infotement system and overall interior look. So I’m hopeful but I’m not holding my breath that maybe they’ll do the same for this accord redesign. I just wanted the revealed ASAP so that I know I can make my decision on what to do since I can get up value for my car now

·
Registered
23 Posts
UPDATE 7/26/22: Honda has confirmed to C/D that the redesigned Accord will be a 2023 model-year vehicle and that the new generation will launch early next year. We expect the hybrid to go on sale a few months later than the standard model, like with the new 2023 CR-V. This story has been updated accordingly.

This is good news , hopefully the reveal or more news on interior changes come out

·
Registered
23 Posts
After seeing the Civic Type R. It's going to be really hard to swallow the new Accord front-end in comparison to 10th gen. The clean and classic look is all great but I really hope they do something more than what we have seen so far with their current line ups.
Agree , I’m hoping for the accord sport model they really do more to it to make it look like a sport model instead of just putting sporty rims on it and blacked out “spoiler” and rear mirrors . They need to realize that we still like sport models that are sporty . Sonata n-line , Kia k5 gt and even to camera Trd make a true sport model with many tech features and aesthetic features . Hopefully they follow suite but I’m not holding my breather like I said I’m an earlier post .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts