Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
221 - 231 of 231 Posts

·
2020 CBP Touring
714 Posts
It's the identical silhouette w Civic-ish lights. Same underpinnings and powertrains. I'm glad no layperson will be able to tell my 2020 isn't new still. Lovin it! Buying a car right now is nuts.

Reactions: jimpal

·
Registered
4 Posts
So new Civics are looking more like Accords, and new Accords are looking more like Civics. Great! 🤦‍♂️…
Well when the 2018 redesign came out it had the crab claw design of taillights like the Civic then but the front looked different . I for one like the new civic and when I trade my lease in on my 2020 2.0t sport , I hope they do a lot more for the sport models than the previous ones. Also typically the interior is upgraded or designed different than the civic . So I can’t wait to see some interior pics soon

·
2010 2.4EX
942 Posts
Well when the 2018 redesign came out it had the crab claw design of taillights like the Civic then but the front looked different . I for one like the new civic and when I trade my lease in on my 2020 2.0t sport , I hope they do a lot more for the sport models than the previous ones. Also typically the interior is upgraded or designed different than the civic . So I can’t wait to see some interior pics soon
It’s gotten so to the point where I need to see a 2018 or later Accord and Civic alongside each other to tell the difference! Not so with my 2010 Accord and a Civic of that year. The differences were plain as day

·
2020 CBP Touring
714 Posts

·
BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
15,260 Posts
Car and Driver is unfortunately a shell of itself 25 years ago. Depressing...
as are most publications these days.

my guess is that the new gen will come out this fall, as a '23 model.

Reactions: 2005 6mt

·
2020 CBP Touring
714 Posts
as are most publications these days.

my guess is that the new gen will come out this fall, as a '23 model.
Agreed. Bets on most similar generation ever? Has there been a generation that maintained the same platform? I can't recall, maybe 3rd to 4th? That Greenhouse is identical in those pics...

·
BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
15,260 Posts
Agreed. Bets on most similar generation ever? Has there been a generation that maintained the same platform? I can't recall, maybe 3rd to 4th? That Greenhouse is identical...
The 4th and 5th gen are pretty close.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

·
2010 2.4EX
942 Posts
2023/24 Accord YouTube Artist Rendering...civic inspired. I hope the taillights go all the way.
View attachment 541709
View attachment 541710
🤦‍♂️

I don’t know what I’m looking at.

The homogenization is complete. The only way to know 2023+ Accord from a similar era Civic, for me, would be to tailgate one in traffic and read the marque on the decklid!

Her redeeming value? That BLUE! I call it ‘Excelsior Blue’ after my favorite ship in the Federation 😁

221 - 231 of 231 Posts