Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
241 - 260 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Touring 2.0T
122 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Overall more restrained design, it seems. I’m surprised they didn’t show it with better-looking low profile tires, as mostly all other automakers are doing in photos of their new cars these days.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
583 Posts
The front end, like the already released HR-V, looks like a Ford something.

In fact it seems ok to stick any maker’s logo on that grill, which I find pity because Accord loses its personality.

Powertrain-wise, I’ve introduced the CR-V hybrid changes, which very likely will be on 2024 Accord hybrid.

·
2018 HAH Touring
169 Posts
I know many hate the 10G rear but I prefer it over the front end. Always looked like a 70s? chromed out Chevrolet to me, too shiny and flashy bold. I also dislike all the swoops and curves on the side profile thru the top and bottom of the doors. This, with the boy racer rear of the previous Civic had someone over-designing. The new Civic is better in that regard but kinda went too far in the 'erase the edges' design. I do like a more mature look but to sell a sedan now, esp to younger buyers, it helps to offer some styling that might lure buyers away from trucks,,,er. SUVs...

Reactions: Fifasf

·
Registered
23 Posts
So here’s my issue now. Yes I can see that the new leaks show it to look a little more like a Ford Taurus but I do like that they’re getting rid of smoke chrome and doing all painted this time around it makes it look more sleek. My problem now is my lease on my sport 2 L turbo is up in October 2023. Honda and other manufactures wanna buy it back early and it’s still in great condition and has low mileage I have 15,000 miles and only 21,000 miles on the car with 15 payments left. I can get top value for my vehicle right now since dealerships want to buy it back for me. I’m kind of intrigued by the Hyundai Sonata n-line and the Kia K5 GT mostly because of the panoramic sunroof and the tech features included with it also the way the infotainment system wraps around the speedometer in Tach . The look of the Senada has also grown on me especially in the night edition in white. I want to wait to see what interior features and the overall car will look like when they release the production model look but right now I can get top dollar for my car. I feel like Honda is going to stick with what the new model HRV and CRV and civic look like interior wise which I don’t mind but I feel like it’s not gonna have a panoramic sunroof and a lot of the tech features such as ambient lighting and what not that you can get in the Senada. Should I pull the trigger and really look into those cars or would you guys wait around?

·
Registered
2020 Touring 2.0T
122 Posts
So here’s my issue now. Yes I can see that the new leaks show it to look a little more like a Ford Taurus but I do like that they’re getting rid of smoke chrome and doing all painted this time around it makes it look more sleek. My problem now is my lease on my sport 2 L turbo is up in October 2023. Honda and other manufactures wanna buy it back early and it’s still in great condition and has low mileage I have 15,000 miles and only 21,000 miles on the car with 15 payments left. I can get top value for my vehicle right now since dealerships want to buy it back for me. I’m kind of intrigued by the Hyundai Sonata n-line and the Kia K5 GT mostly because of the panoramic sunroof and the tech features included with it also the way the infotainment system wraps around the speedometer in Tach . The look of the Senada has also grown on me especially in the night edition in white. I want to wait to see what interior features and the overall car will look like when they release the production model look but right now I can get top dollar for my car. I feel like Honda is going to stick with what the new model HRV and CRV and civic look like interior wise which I don’t mind but I feel like it’s not gonna have a panoramic sunroof and a lot of the tech features such as ambient lighting and what not that you can get in the Senada. Should I pull the trigger and really look into those cars or would you guys wait around?
Personally I would wait, as I am a Honda fan. But there’s no right answer.

Will you tell us the dealers who want to buy back your leased car? I have a leased 2020 Touring 2.0T with only 6500 miles on it and 11 payments left. A total creampuff. Perhaps I can do a deal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Personally I would wait, as I am a Honda fan. But there’s no right answer.

Will you tell us the dealers who want to buy back your leased car? I have a leased 2020 Touring 2.0T with only 6500 miles on it and 11 payments left. A total creampuff. Perhaps I can do a deal.
Yeah I have a feeling I’m gonna end up waiting. I may stop by Hyundai to see if they want to make a deal with me for the N-line And I want to test drive it just to see if I like the features in the feel of the . vehicle. I’m in New Jersey so it’s my local dealer here in marlton Burns Honda. Ironically three weeks ago when I was traveling for work in around the Baltimore area all four of my rims were stolen out of the hotel parking lot and while I was waiting for them to get new rims in for me the dealership called me and made me an offer. I have 15,000 miles on my lease right now and they offered me basically the same deal for a brand new 2022 at the same payment and mileage. But it’s essentially the same car that I have now so it’s either go with a Hyundai or wait to see what the new model looks like. I just feel like Hondas gonna stick with the standard moonroof and not that many advanced features. The one thing that I like about the Kia K5 GT is that it has heated and ventilated seats. I’ll see if Hyundai wants to work a deal with me without any money out of pocket like Honda does since the car is worth so much. They gave me a price for the 2020 L sport turbo of 29,000 and change and they offer me around 28,000 and change for my car. I’m a Honda fan too and I’ve had all Hondas but I feel like Honda isn’t gonna do any drastic changes along the lines of what the Sonata has to offer like a panoramic moonroof And tech features it may just look different but kind of be the same.

I’m really anxious to see when some spy photos come out or leaks of what the interior is going to look like. That’ll really make me want to either wait around for it or possibly get into the sonata n-line or k5 gt

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the info. By the way, Honda Tourings also come with heated and ventilated seats.
Oh I know trust me. The only problem with the touring model for me is that it’s closer to BMW pricing. I’m liking what I see with the exterior of the new accord redesign but like I said before now I’m just waiting to see what interior changes they make if anything and that’ll make my decision easier

·
Registered
2020 Touring 2.0T
122 Posts
Probably the only thing pending for an Accord to improve its handling better would be an eLSD. Hopefully the 2024 model gets it.
Tighter turning circle would be higher preference for me. Getting into parking spaces without the current backing and filling would be much better. Cars such as BMW’s and Mercedes do much better.

·
2018 HAH Touring
169 Posts
I'm biased. I always bought Honda/Acura but I look at the Korean cars as vehicles you keep for the warranty period and sell. Japanese cars seem like a more long term purchase to me. There is something to slow updates and changes, see quality and Toyota for examples. Also to be chasing after new tech that changes every few years is not my goal.
I thought both KIA and Hyundai announced theywere soon dropping some of their sedans from production. Dont know much about these new cars u mention but never was a fan of Hyundai trendy styling --- but I think their new electrics are stirring things up a lot!!! I wouldn't buy any vehicle without some electrification now.
Get whatever u like tho...Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm biased. I always bought Honda/Acura but I look at the Korean cars as vehicles you keep for the warranty period and sell. Japanese cars seem like a more long term purchase to me. There is something to slow updates and changes, see quality and Toyota for examples. Also to be chasing after new tech that changes every few years is not my goal.
I thought both KIA and Hyundai announced theywere soon dropping some of their sedans from production. Dont know much about these new cars u mention but never was a fan of Hyundai trendy styling --- but I think their new electrics are stirring things up a lot!!! I wouldn't buy any vehicle without some electrification now.
Get whatever u like tho...Good luck.
I’m the same way believe me my last five cars were Hondas I got the 2018 1.5 L turbo and white in this lease is the 2022.0 turbo and black. I don’t hate the car there’s just some features that I wish Honda would get in their vehicles like the competition does that’s all. Look up a Hyundai SOnata n-line yes I know some people either like the look or hate it lol but it’s growing on me and it’s got a lot of features that I’d like a panoramic sunroof being one of them. But I’m probably gonna end up waiting to see what this new Honda looks like inside and out and features. Does anybody have an idea or speculation of when Hondas planning on revealing the new accord?

·
Turbo lag
2,568 Posts
Is it just me or does that front and rear overhang looks massive? It feels like they tried to shorten the wheel base but kept the overall length.
Also, that front end looks like the upcoming S650 Mustang.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd like a convertible but then.... I've had one most of my adult life. (first one was a 1971 Oldsmobile 4-4-2)

My 2019 takes me back to when I owned a 1969 Mercedes 280 SL which was a Navy (did they call it Midnight?) blue, very much reminds me of this Obsidian Blue. In fact, being in this car takes me back to driving the 280 with some shapes on the hood, the upholstery.... and I just think, man, it would be nice to drop the top with the blend of mileage this gets (I can't get it below 45) and how spunky it is (reminds me a bit of the 442).

For me, this is a blast of a car to drive, only bettered if it could drop the top!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
From what I can see from the 2024 Accord spy shots, the basic body is the same as the Gen 10, just that they are making changes to the front and rear panels. But the body height, window design, passenger area of body, interiors are pretty much the same. Likely same engines as CR-V 2023 with dual motor Hybrid.

But low height profile is still the same as gen 10. (The gen 8 to gen 9 was the same thing - no change in mid body). Appears Accord is on a 12 year cycle for major change and 6 year cycle for major front and rear body panels. So it is likely 2030 before we see a major Accord redesign.

As owner of a 2007 (75K miles) and a 2017 Accord (22K miles) (both I love - the 2007 is better of the two without the CVT) - what will my next car be. It definitely will not be a Gen 10 or Gen 11 Accord - too low - I am too old to get in the car without bumping my head in the lower stance cars - like Accord, Nission, and many others.

So I see my choices as a 2023+ CR-V Hybrid or the new Toyota Crown. Wow - I really think Toyota will have a big hit with the Crown - taking sales from old Accord buyers and Lexus car buyers.

Honda really needs to follow suit and up the height of the Accord body interior. They likey won't and I continue to see Accord sales declining. I would like Honda to follow the Crown trend for the Accord. The Civic gives you a low stance car.

And the Crosstour is not a comparison as it was just a jacked up chassis not a higher height interior. The Crosstour had poor visibility and small cabin height.

Let's see how Crown plays out. Toyota screwed up with the current gen Avalon - and had to cancel it and replace with a suiable height interior. Let's see what happens to Lexus 300 sales - (the 300 is too low as well).

·
2010 2.4EX
957 Posts
Honda really needs to follow suit and up the height of the
Accord body interior. They likey won't and I continue to see
Accord sales declining. I would like Honda to follow the
Crown trend for the Accord. The Civic gives you a low stance
car.
I found this out most embarrassingly two weeks ago:

I was unable to fit one - let alone two - chairs through the rear door openings of my 2008 Accord EX, yet both of these particular chairs fit into my wife’s 2005 Toyota Corolla back seat no problem!

241 - 260 of 297 Posts