Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
261 - 280 of 297 Posts

·
Turbo lag
2,568 Posts
I found this out most embarrassingly two weeks ago:

I was unable to fit one - let alone two - chairs through the rear door openings of my 2008 Accord EX, yet both of these particular chairs fit into my wife’s 2005 Toyota Corolla back seat no problem!
How big are theses chairs?! I've fit an assembled 4 burner grill in the back seat of mine for reference.

·
2010 2.4EX
957 Posts
How big are theses chairs?! I've fit an assembled 4
burner grill in the back seat of mine for reference.
Big enough for anyone up to six feet tall, 200lbs, to sink into, kick off your shoes and curl up in.

The point is, the Inspire-Accord(U.S. 2008-12) body openings are small and peculiarly shaped relative to the body size of these cars.

Those same club chairs, one right side up and one upside down, slipped like hand in glove into the considerably smaller Corolla! Which, by the way, is the same height as the 2008-12 Accord, or even half an inch taller

Reactions: Hudouc

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
or the new Toyota Crown. Wow - I really think Toyota will have a big hit with the Crown - taking sales from old Accord buyers and Lexus car buyers.

Honda really needs to follow suit and up the height of the Accord body interior. They likey won't and I continue to see Accord sales declining. I would like Honda to follow the Crown trend for the Accord. The Civic gives you a low stance car.

Let's see how Crown plays out. Toyota screwed up with the current gen Avalon - and had to cancel it and replace with a suiable height interior. Let's see what happens to Lexus 300 sales - (the 300 is too low as well).
Honda did the same thing with the Accord as pretty much all other midsize sedans over the past five years. They all have gotten lower and more "sporty". Even the Camry got lower and sportier (for a Camry) when it moved to the TNGA platform in 2018. It seems like most manufacturers that still make sedans realized that anyone interested in a higher ride hight has already moved to an SUV... so they should cater to the remaining buyers who apparently like a lower ride height. (Personally I don't)

As for the Toyota Crown, I'm also intrigued. While Toyota did a very good job with the current Avalon- the one thing that I think they screwed up on is how low that outgoing Avalon is. It's very low- it sits lower than the Accord- and it's supposedly a 'full size' sedan. (Granted, the Accord is larger in most dimensions compared to the Avalon, which surprises some people). I test drove an Avalon Limited a few months ago- it was a really nice car- but it sat too low for me and I actually hit my head on the upper door frame each time that I got in/out... which was a deal breaker.

The Crown could be a very good car for Toyota- depending on a few things. It does provide a taller sedan for those that like sitting a bit higher- but don't want an SUV. I worry about pricing though. Although Toyota hasn't released pricing yet- most reviewers seem to think that it will start at about $40k and top out just above $50k. That's a tough spot for a Toyota sedan- mainly because it's pretty much the exact price range of the ES350. (Granted you can option an ES past the $55k mark).

I'm not a fan of the two-toned color scheme of the Platinum trim- but depending on pricing- a Crown Limited or even a Platinum without the black roof/fender option might be a very appealing option.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do we have any realistic idea of when they’ll be revealing the actual accord redesign? I’m really debating on whether to get the new Senada N line because of the value that’s in my lease right now on my 2 L turbo accord. But I wanna see what features Honda is bringing to the table with the new Accord redesign. I doubt they’ll be doing any sort of panoramic sunroof I’d like to see if they at least have a better sound system and interior quality and features like the Senada n line has.

·
2010 2.4EX
957 Posts
Do we have any realistic idea of when they’ll be revealing the actual accord redesign? I’m really debating on whether to get the new Senada N line because of the value that’s in my lease right now on my 2 L turbo accord. But I wanna see what features Honda is bringing to the table with the new Accord redesign. I doubt they’ll be doing any sort of panoramic sunroof I’d like to see if they at least have a better sound system and interior quality and features like the Senada n line has.
Who builds the Senada?

·
Registered
2020 Touring 2.0T
122 Posts
Absolutely agree about the sound system. My 2020 Touring’s is pitiful. Almost everything is distorted to some degree. My wife’s 2002 Mini’s is much better!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Who builds the Senada?
Was using voice text sorry sonata . 🙄

Absolutely agree about the sound system. My 2020 Touring’s is pitiful. Almost everything is distorted to some degree. My wife’s 2002 Mini’s is much better!
I just think since a lot of auto makers are going away from sedans I honestly don’t think hard is going to make any drastic changes. Especially since the CRVHRV and civic all have pretty much the same style of interior I think the accord will follow suit which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but if I want all the upgraded tech features ambient lighting panoramic sunroof etc. they may push me more towards the Sonata n-line night edition . But I’m willing to wait to see what the production models gonna look like and if they actually make a true sport model that all significantly separated from the other models. All my cars have been Hondas but I just don’t think they’re going to make any drastic changes

·
Registered
101 Posts
Was using voice text sorry sonata . 🙄

I just think since a lot of auto makers are going away from sedans I honestly don’t think hard is going to make any drastic changes. Especially since the CRVHRV and civic all have pretty much the same style of interior I think the accord will follow suit which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but if I want all the upgraded tech features ambient lighting panoramic sunroof etc. they may push me more towards the Sonata n-line night edition . But I’m willing to wait to see what the production models gonna look like and if they actually make a true sport model that all significantly separated from the other models. All my cars have been Hondas but I just don’t think they’re going to make any drastic changes
The interior will be the same and there won't be any pano or luxury class features that will beat their Acura model. I think the Civic design, leaked and current rendering are pretty on point on how it will look (more or less). Less aggressive than current gen but more cleaner and lean look. Personally, I am not a big fan of Hyundai/Kia but warming up, they are doing superb with their interior and technology.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The interior will be the same and there won't be any pano or luxury class features that will beat their Acura model. I think the Civic design, leaked and current rendering are pretty on point on how it will look (more or less). Less aggressive than current gen but more cleaner and lean look. Personally, I am not a big fan of Hyundai/Kia but warming up, they are doing superb with their interior and technology.
Agree with everything you said . With the value I can get for my current lease I’m thinking of switching up but I don’t want to regret it when they reveal the accord . Wish I knew when they are going to 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2020 Touring 2.0T
122 Posts
And when is Honda going to make 360 degree top-down viewing available on at least the Touring, or as an option? Like some of the other brands in its price range have. Among other things, it would help protect against scuffed 19” wheels, and provide needed forward distance info when parking.

·
2010 2.4EX
957 Posts
And when is Honda going to make 360 degree top-down viewing available on at least the Touring, or as an option? Like some of the other brands in its price range have. Among other things, it would help protect against scuffed 19” wheels, and provide needed forward distance info when parking.
We wouldn’t need 360° cameras on cars if tire profiles got higher and belt lines got lower… !

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Do we have any realistic idea of when they’ll be revealing the actual accord redesign?
For comparison... the 2018 Accord was announced June 19, 2017 that it will be announced July 14.

8th gen was announced September 10. 7th gen announced July 29.

Based on all that, hopefully very soon.

·
2010 2.4EX
957 Posts
But they won’t. And if you’ve ever had 360
cameras you will know they are a huge asset.
Why shouldn’t Accords have them if so many
other cars do?
My comment referred broadly to current car proportions, including Hondas.

And it’s why I purposely buy and drive cars at least ten years old. If I need cameras to help see out of a vehicle, that to me is making up for a design flaw concerning outward visibility.

The estate sale Buick Century I landed during college in 1990, 4,700 miles, was about the size of an eighth gen Accord, but far easier to see out of, even aft. I’d still be driving it if repair costs didn’t exceed taxes and total gas expenditures back in 1997 - the last year I owned it

·
Registered
23 Posts
For comparison... the 2018 Accord was announced June 19, 2017 that it will be announced July 14.

8th gen was announced September 10. 7th gen announced July 29.

Based on all that, hopefully very soon.
Nice ! I hope so because with the value of my current 2020 2.0t sport lease I think I can make a deal for either this car if I wait till it comes out obviously or I’m thinking of switching to a Hyundai Sonata n-line if they don’t upgrade to the features I want and the sonata n-line has .

·
Registered
101 Posts
e won't be any pano or luxury class features that will beat their Acura model. I think the leak
Nice ! I hope so because with the value of my current 2020 2.0t sport lease I think I can make a deal for either this car if I wait till it comes out obviously or I’m thinking of switching to a Hyundai Sonata n-line if they don’t upgrade to the features I want and the sonata n-line has .
It may be worth the wait but 2.0t is gonna be hard to beat. We are almost closer to a reveal if there's no delay. I am a bit skeptical about it being 2024 model, I don't see a delay, given that all model have been announced on time (civic, civic type r, crv) but anything is possible.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It may be worth the wait but 2.0t is gonna be hard to beat. We are almost closer to a reveal if there's no delay. I am a bit skeptical about it being 2024 model, I don't see a delay, given that all model have been announced on time (civic, civic type r, crv) but anything is possible.
I’ll probably wait to pull the trigger on anything but what I feel is that Hondas not gonna do anything revolutionary to the interior or upgrade which at that point I’ll probably make a switch the Hyundai since it has all the Tekken features that I’m looking for but we shall see

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 1.5T
58 Posts
Wow these renders really make you realize how massive the Accord has gotten. Thing looks huge in the renders especially with that big rear overhang. 10th gen is already a big car so I'm wondering if 11th is going to be much bigger or not. As far as styling goes, the renders are again not doing it any favors. Looks like a Ford Taurus from the front with the 11th gen Civic taillights. It's not bad but seems more like a lateral move in styling from Honda. Nothing that really makes me think my 10th gen is a step back in styling.

Hopefully the interior is improved, although I'm starting to think all Honda interiors are going to look the same now and it'll have the same Civic/CRV dashboard design. Honda has historically always made the Accord interior slightly more classy and unique compared to all of it's other models, we'll see if that stays true here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow these renders really make you realize how massive the Accord has gotten. Thing looks huge in the renders especially with that big rear overhang. 10th gen is already a big car so I'm wondering if 11th is going to be much bigger or not. As far as styling goes, the renders are again not doing it any favors. Looks like a Ford Taurus from the front with the 11th gen Civic taillights. It's not bad but seems more like a lateral move in styling from Honda. Nothing that really makes me think my 10th gen is a step back in styling.

Hopefully the interior is improved, although I'm starting to think all Honda interiors are going to look the same now and it'll have the same Civic/CRV dashboard design. Honda has historically always made the Accord interior slightly more classy and unique compared to all of it's other models, we'll see if that stays true here.
Highly doubt it. Same design all across the board.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Highly doubt it. Same design all across the board.
I agree , however there were a lot Of features that they put into the 2018 accord to resign that no other models had such as the infotement system and overall interior look. So I’m hopeful but I’m not holding my breath that maybe they’ll do the same for this accord redesign. I just wanted the revealed ASAP so that I know I can make my decision on what to do since I can get up value for my car now

261 - 280 of 297 Posts