Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
281 - 300 of 308 Posts

·
port & polish everything
1,782 Posts
UPDATE 7/26/22: Honda has confirmed to C/D that the redesigned Accord will be a 2023 model-year vehicle and that the new generation will launch early next year. We expect the hybrid to go on sale a few months later than the standard model, like with the new 2023 CR-V. This story has been updated accordingly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
UPDATE 7/26/22: Honda has confirmed to C/D that the redesigned Accord will be a 2023 model-year vehicle and that the new generation will launch early next year. We expect the hybrid to go on sale a few months later than the standard model, like with the new 2023 CR-V. This story has been updated accordingly.

This is good news , hopefully the reveal or more news on interior changes come out

·
Registered
26 Posts

Thanks for this update. Back in May I put a deposit down for a 2022 Accord Sport 1.5 to replace my aging 2007 Accord with 189k miles. The car is scheduled to be built at the end of August with a delivery date of mid-to-late September. The dealer warned me that there was a slight chance the car would never get built as the 2023 redesign loomed, and I know fall is when Honda historically flipped the factory lines over to the new redesign.

Yesterday the dealer gave me an update that the 2022 build date of end of August was still on as scheduled, and this news is hopefully good in the sense that they'll still be building some 2022s for at least a bit longer.

My wife drives a 2017 Accord so this will be our third Accord purchase. This will also be our third Accord purchase of the final generation year (which I sort of prefer to do).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really enjoying reading all the discussion here. Excited to see what is announced.

For the renderings leaked, not a huge fan of the front but I don't hate it either, at least not any more than the current gen. However I really like the back, much better than the stapler lights IMO.

·
port & polish everything
1,782 Posts

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
View attachment 542559

found this more close rendering to the patent photos . I hope they at least do a complete blacked out roof even though we know they won’t do a panoramic moon roof unfortunately..
I’m grateful for just a standard moonroof. A car cabin feels like a cave without one

·
Registered
104 Posts
After seeing the Civic Type R. It's going to be really hard to swallow the new Accord front-end in comparison to 10th gen. The clean and classic look is all great but I really hope they do something more than what we have seen so far with their current line ups.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After seeing the Civic Type R. It's going to be really hard to swallow the new Accord front-end in comparison to 10th gen. The clean and classic look is all great but I really hope they do something more than what we have seen so far with their current line ups.
Agree , I’m hoping for the accord sport model they really do more to it to make it look like a sport model instead of just putting sporty rims on it and blacked out “spoiler” and rear mirrors . They need to realize that we still like sport models that are sporty . Sonata n-line , Kia k5 gt and even to camera Trd make a true sport model with many tech features and aesthetic features . Hopefully they follow suite but I’m not holding my breather like I said I’m an earlier post .

·
Registered
104 Posts
Agree , I’m hoping for the accord sport model they really do more to it to make it look like a sport model instead of just putting sporty rims on it and blacked out “spoiler” and rear mirrors . They need to realize that we still like sport models that are sporty . Sonata n-line , Kia k5 gt and even to camera Trd make a true sport model with many tech features and aesthetic features . Hopefully they follow suite but I’m not holding my breather like I said I’m an earlier post .
Yes, they are doing great with tech features and AWD is a plus for the price range. Sonata N-line is great but I am warming up to Kia's K5 design. I am not fond of Sonata's front-end, a bit too messy for my taste. These recent rendering is more likely to be LX, EX, EX-L design. Sports and Touring will have a little more touch up in the front just like the CR-V, I don't expect it to be groundbreaking. As for the interior, given that CR-V did not get much and looks almost identical to Civic. It's more likely be the same as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, they are doing great with tech features and AWD is a plus for the price range. Sonata N-line is great but I am warming up to Kia's K5 design. I am not fond of Sonata's front-end, a bit too messy for my taste. These recent rendering is more likely to be LX, EX, EX-L design. Sports and Touring will have a little more touch up in the front just like the CR-V, I don't expect it to be groundbreaking. As for the interior, given that CR-V did not get much and looks almost identical to Civic. It's more likely be the same as well.
Agreed , the look of the sonata n-line is growing on me especially the night edition in white . I like the interior of the n-like better . Although you can get the gt in an oak leather look which is nice

·
Registered
535 Posts
The Sonata is downright ugly in front. Although the N Line tweaks the design enough to make it more palatable. While the K5 looks really sharp. Which is all amusing since they are the same car underneath.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Photograph

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Sonata is downright ugly in front. Although the N Line tweaks the design enough to make it more palatable. While the K5 looks really sharp. Which is all amusing since they are the same car underneath.

View attachment 542710
I agree but I’ll add , the interior and exterior of the n line is more mature looking . The features of the gt are better with ventilated seats . It’s weird but I’m not A fan of the shifter in the GT. I have a 2022 2.0L sport accord now with the push buttons and I actually like the little bit of room you gained from them and the buttons don’t bother me like they do on some people. The tech features of both cars I really like. The full digital display of the sonata is really nice. Both have panoramic sunroofs. The thing I like about the GT as well is the interior color packages you can get a chestnut brown leather interior is really nice. I think overall features that you can get with the GT are better than the sonata . I do like the styling of the k5 but I like the overall more luxury feel that the n-line gives you on the interior if that makes any sense. I’m seriously anxiously waiting for the reveal of the accord and more so the sport model to see if they bring more to the table. I like the set up of how the infotainment system in the GT and the n-line is and after seeing the reveal of the HRV , crv and civic I think Honda still gonna go with the iPad floating in the middle of the consol which is OK but it seems like the biggest screen is only 9 inches. Like I said in previous posts I hope the accord especially for the sports model which is what I want brings more to the table to make it look and feel more like a sport model and not just small black accents and different rims. Both the GT and the n-line Are on my radar still for when my lease is up in October 2023 so I hope Honda brings more the table then just basic upgrades but we shall see

·
Registered
535 Posts
I agree but I’ll add , the interior and exterior of the n line is more mature looking . The features of the gt are better with ventilated seats . It’s weird but I’m not A fan of the shifter in the GT. I have a 2022 2.0L sport accord now with the push buttons and I actually like the little bit of room you gained from them and the buttons don’t bother me like they do on some people. The tech features of both cars I really like. The full digital display of the sonata is really nice. Both have panoramic sunroofs. The thing I like about the GT as well is the interior color packages you can get a chestnut brown leather interior is really nice. I think overall features that you can get with the GT are better than the sonata . I do like the styling of the k5 but I like the overall more luxury feel that the n-line gives you on the interior if that makes any sense. I’m seriously anxiously waiting for the reveal of the accord and more so the sport model to see if they bring more to the table. I like the set up of how the infotainment system in the GT and the n-line is and after seeing the reveal of the HRV , crv and civic I think Honda still gonna go with the iPad floating in the middle of the consol which is OK but it seems like the biggest screen is only 9 inches. Like I said in previous posts I hope the accord especially for the sports model which is what I want brings more to the table to make it look and feel more like a sport model and not just small black accents and different rims. Both the GT and the n-line Are on my radar still for when my lease is up in October 2023 so I hope Honda brings more the table then just basic upgrades but we shall see
Your lease being up in a year will be perfect for you possibly getting the new Accord if you find that's what you like. Although I would usually avoid the very first year of a new generation just because that's when you'll find most of the kinks that haven't been smoothed out yet. Either way there are lots of good choices out there to spoil us.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Your lease being up in a year will be perfect for you possibly getting the new Accord if you find that's what you like. Although I would usually avoid the very first year of a new generation just because that's when you'll find most of the kinks that haven't been smoothed out yet. Either way there are lots of good choices out there to spoil us.
I agree I had a 1.5 L sport 2018 lease when it first came out and didn’t have any major issues on it since it was the first generation of that redesign but I know what you mean. I got the 2020 sport 2 L even though the 2021 was out I got a great deal on the 2020 and besides the front bumper there was no real changes. Yes and I’m starting to see rumors and renders of the 2024 Camry redesign as well so I definitely will have a lot of options. I just hope by then the economy gets better so they’re not jacking the cars up $8000 lol

·
Registered
535 Posts
I agree I had a 1.5 L sport 2018 lease when it first came out and didn’t have any major issues on it since it was the first generation of that redesign but I know what you mean. I got the 2020 sport 2 L even though the 2021 was out I got a great deal on the 2020 and besides the front bumper there was no real changes. Yes and I’m starting to see rumors and renders of the 2024 Camry redesign as well so I definitely will have a lot of options. I just hope by then the economy gets better so they’re not jacking the cars up $8000 lol
Indeed. Car prices are insane, even for used ones.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Indeed. Car prices are insane, even for used ones.
Yeah, tell me about it. I took a look around at the prices of mainstream brands, namely, Honda and Toyota. Either there are many gullible and desperate buyers or the dealers are just insane. I’m talking about thousands over MSRP for an Accord, not just the typical 2-3k markup. I believe I saw a used Camry being listed at 39k… here’s the thing, it’s 2 years old with over 15k miles lol

I can’t wait for the new gen, but can you imagine what they’ll go for with even higher demand?

Really enjoying reading all the discussion here. Excited to see what is announced.

For the renderings leaked, not a huge fan of the front but I don't hate it either, at least not any more than the current gen. However I really like the back, much better than the stapler lights IMO.
Renderings and patented photos give us a good idea, but they usually don’t do the whole car justice. I’d guess a month or two before the official release, we’ll get some great quality “leaked” spy shots.

Reactions: Eric83 and dgates01

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for this update. Back in May I put a deposit down for a 2022 Accord Sport 1.5 to replace my aging 2007 Accord with 189k miles. The car is scheduled to be built at the end of August with a delivery date of mid-to-late September. The dealer warned me that there was a slight chance the car would never get built as the 2023 redesign loomed, and I know fall is when Honda historically flipped the factory lines over to the new redesign.

Yesterday the dealer gave me an update that the 2022 build date of end of August was still on as scheduled, and this news is hopefully good in the sense that they'll still be building some 2022s for at least a bit longer.

My wife drives a 2017 Accord so this will be our third Accord purchase. This will also be our third Accord purchase of the final generation year (which I sort of prefer to do).
Quoting myself here, but just wanted to provide an update as my dealer texted me this morning with an update on my deposit.

The 2022 Accord Sport 1.5 that I ordered in May was built this week as scheduled and has just shipped from the factory in Marysville, Ohio. It'll be on the lot ready for me within a few weeks, if not sooner. Amazingly, the build was precisely on schedule too to the exact date range that the dealer provided me back in May.

I'm not sure of the technical process of flipping the factory lines over to a new generation, whether they flip everything over at once, whether they build both gens simultaneously for a short period, etc. But I suppose we know for sure with my example that Honda is still building 2022 Accords as of this week.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Quoting myself here, but just wanted to provide an update as my dealer texted me this morning with an update on my deposit.

The 2022 Accord Sport 1.5 that I ordered in May was built this week as scheduled and has just shipped from the factory in Marysville, Ohio. It'll be on the lot ready for me within a few weeks, if not sooner. Amazingly, the build was precisely on schedule too to the exact date range that the dealer provided me back in May.

I'm not sure of the technical process of flipping the factory lines over to a new generation, whether they flip everything over at once, whether they build both gens simultaneously for a short period, etc. But I suppose we know for sure with my example that Honda is still building 2022 Accords as of this week.
How does this work btw? Can you bargain or do you have to pay whatever MSRP or Dealership charge you?

281 - 300 of 308 Posts