Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
41 - 60 of 394 Posts
Yes. The return of a CD player would be great. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s realistic though given the number of people who have ditched CDs nowadays. Maybe have it available at least as an option.

Dark green is nice. I saw a Corolla in that color the other day. IMO Honda should definitely consider trickling down certain color choices to the bread and butter models. The dark green (dark forest green? Or whatever itā€™s called) from the pilot would look awesome on the Accord for sure.

All 10th Gen Accords are auto start capable. All that is needed for it to function is an Honda auto start key fob, then have it programmed to your car. Ordered one online for $60, then had a locksmith program to my 2018 LX, took him about 10 minutes for $40, this was back in 2017 so might cost more now but back then some dealerships didnā€™t know about the hack and would say it couldnā€™t be done and if they would do it, they would charge you way too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be cool enough, though I havenā€™t really used the function. Itā€™s not really cold enough where I live to use it frequently lol

Something that I wish was on both my vehicles is a front view camera (not a dash cam) with the same field of view as the rear-view cam, strictly for viewing parking clearances.

Reactions: wallydoggy
If they come up with something that looks better that would be nice. I wouldn't expect too much of an effort though like they did with the 10th gen. It gets rave reviews but the segment continues it's decline. Kia and Hyundai have introduced some nice competitors but it's a leap to move form a Honda or Toyota to a Kia. It makes little business sense to throw the kitchen sink at a declining market segment Remember, shifts at the plant were eliminated for the Accord. IMO, the Civic is headed in the right direction, hope the Accord goes that way too. Honda has a lot of problems so the SUV's have to be class leaders and if this 2030 talk is true, I could see the next 8 years as transitional years so adjust expectations accordingly.

^I believe theyā€™re saying itā€™s 2040. So itā€™s a little longer. We have a little more play time with ICE before reality hits.

While weā€™re at it, I hope Honda will consider dropping that 3.5 V6 in the TLX Type S into the Accord at some point. Call it Accord Type R or whatever.
So the powertrain options will look like this:

3.5t V6 10 Speed AT / 6 Speed Manual
2.0t 10 AT
1.5t CVT
Hybrid 2.0 CVT
PHEV Accord?

If this is done right (right numbers at the right price points), itā€™ll become very competitive and likely revive the weakened Accord sales again.

^I believe theyā€™re saying itā€™s 2040. So itā€™s a little longer. We have a little more play time with ICE before reality hits.

While weā€™re at it, I hope Honda will consider dropping that 3.5 V6 in the TLX Type S into the Accord at some point. Call it Accord Type R or whatever.

2.0t 10 AT
1.5t CVT
Hybrid 2.0 CVT
PHEV Accord?

If this is done right (right numbers at the right price points), itā€™ll become very competitive and likely revive the weakened Accord sales again.
Definitely an interesting idea! Could def compete with the TRD camry and the sonata n-line.

I feel like if they do this however, they might detune the V6 in the acura that you mentioned (kind of similar to how they detuned the 2.0T from the civic type r).
They also might add AWD specifically for this trim (if they do it in the first place) as driving dynamics would kind of feel detracted with FWD imo.

Of course, this is just my idea built on yours. Nothing set in stone.

Definitely an interesting idea! Could def compete with the TRD camry and the sonata n-line.

I feel like if they do this however, they might detune the V6 in the acura that you mentioned (kind of similar to how they detuned the 2.0T from the civic type r).
They also might add AWD specifically for this trim (if they do it in the first place) as driving dynamics would kind of feel detracted with FWD imo.

Yep, theyā€™ll most likely detune it or add AWD. Either way, it wonā€™t be too close to the Type S or it simply wonā€™t happen until the Type S is gone or when a new powertrain for the Type S is developed.

2.0t 10 AT
1.5t CVT
Hybrid 2.0 CVT
PHEV Accord?

Can you imagine the MSRP of an Accord with the 3.5t V6? Honda already charges $38,000 for a Touring Accord with the 2.0t engine. Shoving the 3.5t engine in there would almost certainly push it over the $40,000 mark... that's a tough argument... (maybe not so much after we see the end result of all of the inflation that's currently going on).

If Honda offered an Accord Sport with the 3.5t engine- that might be more reasonable- maybe $37-39,000... but it would still place it much higher than the MSRP of the Camry TRD ($32,260 MSRP) and the Sonata N-Line ($33.300 MSRP).

It's an interesting idea- but not really fiscally realistic for Honda- which tends to be a very conservative company in that regard. I don't see Honda offering a third engine choice for the Accord. The costs would be pretty high for a trim level that would likely sell in pretty low numbers- like the manual transmission models. If the past is any indication, it seems like Honda is actually decreasing the number of trim levels in the Accord, not increasing. (No more EX, no more Touring 1.5t, no more EXL 2.0t).

I can't help but wonder the data regarding the percentage of Accord buyers who opt for the Sport 2.0t or Touring 2.0t over the various 1.5t trim levels. How many people are opting for the larger engine now?

I think the Accord is a very, very good car in the $30,000ish price range... and is still a very solid value in the $34,000ish range in Touring form (after discount). I think the idea of an Accord that rings in at close to $40,000 (after discounts or negotiations) is a really tough argument- even if it had the 3.5t engine from the TLX Type-S. $40,000 is a lot for a mainstream midsize sedan... even one that hauls.

Can you imagine the MSRP of an Accord with the 3.5t V6? Honda already charges $38,000 for a Touring Accord with the 2.0t engine. Shoving the 3.5t engine in there would almost certainly push it over the $40,000 mark... that's a tough argument... (maybe not so much after we see the end result of all of the inflation that's currently going on).
Actually, if they can still offer all of the stuff that a Touring has and that 3.5t V6 all for $40,000, I can imagine that it will be a very hot seller. Don't forget we're talking about MSRP here. Also think about it, Accord Touring as in its current state is 3,400 lbs. vs. the Type S' weight of 4,200 lbs. That's 800 lbs of difference! Adding that 3.5t V6, let's say it weighs an additional 300 lbs, that still makes the Accord 500lbs lighter. If the Type-S does 0-60 in. 4.7-4.9s, we can reasonably assume that the Accord will then probably be able to do it in less than 4.5s, assuming it can put all that power down without issue, of course. Then, for 12k difference, all you're looking at is really the ELS Sound System, the SH-AWD system, better sound insulation, better brakes and better chassis design and the Acura badge less HUD and a touchscreen infotainment (you have the true touch or whatever it's called in the TLX). Sure, that might be worth it for a buyer looking for a serene, luxury ride, but for most buyers, the difference listed most likely won't be worth it considering most probably won't push the car to near its limits anyways. So my guess is, it likely won't happen, but for a very different reason: taking sales away from Type S.

The costs would be pretty high for a trim level that would likely sell in pretty low numbers- like the manual transmission models. If the past is any indication, it seems like Honda is actually decreasing the number of trim levels in the Accord, not increasing. (No more EX, no more Touring 1.5t, no more EXL 2.0t).
That is true and is another reason why it likely won't happen. Personally, I think it also depends on sales of the Type S at $52-53k in the next year or so. If it flops big time, IMO things will get very interesting for the next Accord. If it does very well, then it won't ever happen because they will make as many Type S as they can sell. The Accord might still be awesome, but just without major change in its powertrains.... except for an EV. I will be shocked if there's no PHEV Accord in the next gen either way.

That is true and is another reason why it likely won't happen. Personally, I think it also depends on sales of the Type S at $52-53k in the next year or so. If it flops big time, IMO things will get very interesting for the next Accord. If it does very well, then it won't ever happen because they will make as many Type S as they can sell. The Accord might still be awesome, but just without major change in its powertrains.... except for an EV. I will be shocked if there's no PHEV Accord in the next gen either way.
I have high hopes for the future of the hybrid and possible EV Accord in the future. The current Accord Hybrid is a very good car.... I just don't trust its long-term durability yet, as Honda hybrids have had issues in the past. The current Accord Hybrid seems different though- and a lot more promising in terms of long-term durability- but we just won't know until we start seeing high numbers of them that have racked up 100,000 or 150,000 miles. We'll see.

They certainly are selling in pretty good numbers. That likely will be what will push Honda to continue to innovate in this area. It all comes down to the beancounters. If the sales are there- they will keep pushing the envelope to make those vehicles better.

As for a sub-$40,000 3.5t Accord in the future... I think that might be a difficult thing for Honda to pull off. I'd love it if they could make it work... but I'm very reluctant to believe that the Accord will ever see a V6 powertrain again.

I have high hopes for the future of the hybrid and possible EV Accord in the future. The current Accord Hybrid is a very good car.... I just don't trust its long-term durability yet, as Honda hybrids have had issues in the past. The current Accord Hybrid seems different though- and a lot more promising in terms of long-term durability- but we just won't know until we start seeing high numbers of them that have racked up 100,000 or 150,000 miles. We'll see.

They certainly are selling in pretty good numbers. That likely will be what will push Honda to continue to innovate in this area. It all comes down to the beancounters. If the sales are there- they will keep pushing the envelope to make those vehicles better.

As for a sub-$40,000 3.5t Accord in the future... I think that might be a difficult thing for Honda to pull off. I'd love it if they could make it work... but I'm very reluctant to believe that the Accord will ever see a V6 powertrain again.
Yep, I have high hopes for them too. Iā€™ve always liked the HAH since 2017 and we can bet the HAH will continue to be there, with likely slight improvements on EPA figures and maybe even slight bump on hp figures too. The gas engines will likely be a carryover. The 3.5t V6 is more like a wishful list on my part lol, but sure would be nice to see.
With that said, the PHEV is really the next step before coming out with a full EV. I hope Honda takes a page out of Toyotaā€™s book and make one like the RAV4 Prime. In fact, itā€™s likely that it will be in Toyotaā€™s next Camry lineup (Iā€™m guessing), itā€™s therefore logical to see Honda making one to remain competitive if not to stay ahead of the curve.

Actually, if they can still offer all of the stuff that a Touring has and that 3.5t V6 all for $40,000, I can imagine that it will be a very hot seller. Don't forget we're talking about MSRP here. Also think about it, Accord Touring as in its current state is 3,400 lbs. vs. the Type S' weight of 4,200 lbs. That's 800 lbs of difference! Adding that 3.5t V6, let's say it weighs an additional 300 lbs, that still makes the Accord 500lbs lighter. If the Type-S does 0-60 in. 4.7-4.9s, we can reasonably assume that the Accord will then probably be able to do it in less than 4.5s, assuming it can put all that power down without issue, of course. Then, for 12k difference, all you're looking at is really the ELS Sound System, the SH-AWD system, better sound insulation, better brakes and better chassis design and the Acura badge less HUD and a touchscreen infotainment (you have the true touch or whatever it's called in the TLX). Sure, that might be worth it for a buyer looking for a serene, luxury ride, but for most buyers, the difference listed most likely won't be worth it considering most probably won't push the car to near its limits anyways. So my guess is, it likely won't happen, but for a very different reason: taking sales away from Type S.

So for 2021 going forward, with all the best trim levels eliminated, which Accords will moonroofs be available on?

So for 2021 going forward, with all the best trim levels eliminated, which Accords will moonroofs be available on?
Interesting question. Well, Iā€™d be shocked if the EX-L (traditionally the only trim that has leather in its initial lineup after each redesign) gets eliminated. But the EX-L just got killed in the Civic, Honda might do the same to push people to the Touring for leather. It will be a risky move though, since at 37-38k, the touring will be at least 3-4K more than the cheapest leather-equipped models from competitors in the segment. My guess is in all likelihood, the 1.5t EX-L will stay.

Personally, if the EX is also to get permanently cancelled like itā€™s rumored to (along with EX-L in 2.0t), I can totally see the 2.0t Sport getting leather (and a slight up charge) to replace the EX-L 2.0t/V6 , and the 1.5t Sport getting the moonroof (also with slight up charge) to take the place of the good old EX.

So the lineup might look something like this:
LX
Sport 1.5t (with Moonroof)
EX-L 1.5t (with moonroof & leather)
Sport 2.0t (with moonroof and leather)
Touring (with moonroof and leather)

Just pure conjecture based on what happened to the new Civic. But I think the Civic sales will have an impact on Hondaā€™s final decision too. šŸ˜‰

I would like to see a Sport Touring trim or a sunroof available for the 1.5 Sport. How about you?

Ability to downsize wheels at no charge.
šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘
šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘!

I would like to see a Sport Touring trim or a sunroof available for the 1.5 Sport. How about you?
I forgot that thereā€™s a Civic Sport Touring trim so thereā€™s hope Honda will include it for the Accord.

Honda needs to start including panoramic sunroofs in their lineup...

Honda needs to start including
panoramic sunroofs in their lineup...
I'm grateful for my humble moonroof! I predicted in 2018 that by model year 2025, everything except large contractor vans(Transit, Ram) will have a moonroof standard. Higher manufacturing economies of scale that way, just like 20-25 years ago air conditioning became standard in all cars.

We'll see how my prediction bears out

Reactions: Slickpanther
41 - 60 of 394 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.