Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
81 - 100 of 235 Posts

· Honda Enthusiast
I drive a BMW now. 🇩🇪
3,835 Posts
If you truly want a sports sedan, buy a slightly used BMW 3 series. Audi A/S4, or Genesis. Those all drive hell of a lot better than any Accord does anyway.
This cannot be said enough. My BMW 335 is the most stable handling car I’ve ever owned.

· Registered
9 Posts
I own a 2018 red Touring 2.0t that I got for $5K off sticker (those were the days!). I really like it and I'm disappointed they have gotten rid of the 2.0t as well. The new one looks like a Volkswagen sedan. I had a Accord loaner for a few days with the 1.5t and it was a pretty bad drive in comparison.

I will say that our other car is a (also red) 2022 Mazda CX-9 and it is very nice. For a vehicle with 2.5t and of fair size, it is pretty quick. I have been impressed.

· Registered
2019 Accord 2.0 Touring
101 Posts
I'd like to drive a car powered by dilithium. Should I be MAD because I don't have that choice? :)

Last month, the Accord accounted for 16% of all new Hondas sold in the US. Ten years ago before buyers began a mass exodus from sedans to SUVs, the Accord accounted for 30% of Honda's total sales and was its highest-volume model - a title that now belongs to the CR-V. If the claims that the 2.0T accounted for as much as 20% of Accord sales are accurate then that model accounted for only 3% of Honda's total sales.

Rest assured that Honda will do just fine without a 2.0T Accord or any Accord for that matter - it's simply no longer nearly as relevant in today's world. Time marches on even if some of us don't.
"They" also said Ford would be fine just selling Mustang and trucks. So far, not so good, at least if you own the stock.

· Administrator
2,017 Posts
"They" also said Ford would be fine just selling Mustang and trucks. So far, not so good, at least if you own the stock.
Ford's stock was on a downward trend when they announced in 2018 that they would stop selling sedans.

Since the last Ford sedan rolled off the assembly line on July 31, 2020, the stock price has more than doubled.

It looks like Ford's decision to stop selling sedans was a good one for stockholders.

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

· Registered
2019 Accord 2.0 Touring
101 Posts
Ford's stock was on a downward trend when they announced in 2018 that they would stop selling sedans.

Since the last Ford sedan rolled off the assembly line on July 31, 2020, the stock price has more than doubled.

It looks like Ford's decision to stop selling sedans was a good one for stockholders.

View attachment 545080
So in the last 5 years the stock went up on average 3%/year. Not exactly "the wolf of Wall Street."

· The Shadow II
2021 HAH Touring in MSM
564 Posts
"Hybrid should be enough power for just about everybody."

Yes, But i can say this as a former 2.0 Turbo owner there is a definite performance "boost" over the Hybrid that I miss in about 1 in 1000 merging on the interstate attempts.

· Registered
2020 Accord Sport 1.5T
65 Posts
"Hybrid should be enough power for just about everybody."

Yes, But i can say this as a former 2.0 Turbo owner there is a definite performance "boost" over the Hybrid that I miss in about 1 in 1000 merging on the interstate attempts.
Obviously the 2.0 is more powerful but my point is that if the power of the hybrid is no longer enough, an actual sports sedan probably makes more sense to buy. It does suck though that your options in the non-luxury sedan category are now less powerful. For most buyers, they could probably care less about the power difference in the 2.0T and Hybrid.

· Registered
112 Posts
Obviously the 2.0 is more powerful but my point is that if the power of the hybrid is no longer enough, an actual sports sedan probably makes more sense to buy. It does suck though that your options in the non-luxury sedan category are now less powerful. For most buyers, they could probably care less about the power difference in the 2.0T and Hybrid.
True. Who knows, Honda might surprise us with Accord Type R. 1 in a million chance esp with the economic downturn and sedan sales decline but one can hope, no? :D

· Registered
548 Posts
Well, have you ever heard the old saying "what goes around, comes around"? Yeah, it's true that four door sedans have fallen somewhat out of favor but I think they will always be made and more than that, I think at some point they will become very popular again. The only question is when!

· 19 EX-L 2.0 Obsidian Blue
107 Posts
Oh, my. We pay $0.10/kWh here in NE Texas. :)
Fortunately, I live only a few miles from the relatively cold (+/- 63 deg) ocean which moderates the temperature in all seasons, minimizing heating and cooling costs. Go 10 miles inland and it's 10 degrees hotter in summer, and 10 degrees colder in winter which can drive the energy cost up significantly. My bill averages $175/mo.

· Registered
2 Posts
The 11th Gen Accord is EXTREMELY disappointing. The sweet lines of the 10th Gen are gone and the Hybrid platform does nothing for me. I hope Honda gets on board with Toyota and lets the US know that the plan to go to EV is BS. Glad I got my hands on a '21 Touring, the 2.0 Turbo is a BEAST!!!
I have a 2019 touring and I love it! I have no interest in a hybrid car or a small displacement turbo with a CVT.

81 - 100 of 235 Posts