Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have an issue...my touch screen suddenly turned white and when I restarted my car the screen is just black and won't even turn on. Dealer is booked until january 6 so I can't even drop off car since I wouldn't even get a loaner..

Anyone experience this problem and hopefully its a minor glitch and have a quick fix???

Edit: I have the ex-l v6 model, if that helps figurong this out.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sounds like the display driver or controller board for the touch screen went. Not much you can do. You can try pulling the battery cables off for 30 mins or so to reset the ECU, but I doubt that will fix anything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Take the car to another dealer. This should be a simple fix for them by just replacing the unit. Any Honda dealer can preform warrantee work.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Sounds like the display driver or controller board for the touch screen went. Not much you can do. You can try pulling the battery cables off for 30 mins or so to reset the ECU, but I doubt that will fix anything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
agreed - step one of my diagnosis. except when both cables are removed from the battery touch and hold them together for about a minute then re-install and recheck, not 30 min.

doing this drains all the capacitors in the system and resets everything in the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts