Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2013 Honda Accord Sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Drive Accord, I recently bought a 2013 Accord Sport and I love it, but I'm running into some problems that I couldn't already find in another forum. I can agree with others that Honda failed with its sound system. The sound is horrible. It sounds too soft. In my previous Honda Civic '04, I installed an amp, deck, and 2 10in subs. I really don't want to remove my existing head unit like the civic. So I decided to go with something small that'll make up for the power needed for me to enjoy the music. I don't want something so crazy. So I decided going with Dual's SBP8A, All-in-one amp/subwoofer.

http://www.frys.com/product/6388611?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

I was thinking of using a high/low converter to RCA. Then feeding the music through the rear speakers into the sub/amp. Something simple. But I'm not too sure how well this would work in my Accord. I also heard that a subwoofer interferes with the Accord's noise reduction speakers installed in the vehicle. I know of others who decided to diconnect the speakers and leave them disconnected. Is there another way to get around this? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
The speakers that the ANC (active noise control) uses are the regular music speakers. Short discription on how it works is there are two mic's in the car that pickup abnormal frequencies in the cabin from the engine and/or road conditions then play extremely low frequencies through the speakers to counteract the noises.

The ANC will interfere with any aftermarket speakers or sub. All you have to do is unplug the unit located behind the center console (above the HFL unit). Another thing you will want is some sort of sound restoration processor to get quality sound and the most out of your factory head-unit. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Here is my take on it. Keep the stock head. Install an Audio Control lc7i with a mono amp. Chose your own sub and box. I have this set up and it really is great. I have the factory speakers (for now) and added a sub in place of my factory sub. I added a 12" Sony. Now no flaming arrows yet please. Its actually not too bad. It will shake the car apart if I want it to, but that is not my purpose. Just needed some low end. I would personally stay away from Dual and a band pass box. They are usually built more to get some grins when you pop the trunk than actual sound quality. I have had bad luck with dual also. Now my set up will I'm sure piss off the top notch audio guys on here but for me it's fine for now. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Oh yeah, disable the ANC. It's junk

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
Un. Plug. The. ANC. First. This will remove the chance of several head aches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts