Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Accorders,

I bought one of these 300W subwoofers that comes with the enclosure and the amp, I did all the wiring and everything but I wasn't sure what wires should I use to connect to the RCA cables.

The other thing, do I have to install any extra devices to the amp and subwoofer to get it work with my stock radio?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes what you need is a LOC (Line Out Convertor). You can pick them up cheap at best buy or any audio store, I actually bought one from AutoZone. Usually $15-$30 for a cheaper model. You splice them right into your speaker wires for your rear speakers behind the headunit or in the trunk and the RCAs hook right into the box.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Jblv2mJcgY4/g_721/Line-Output-Converters.html

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes what you need is a LOC (Line Out Convertor). You can pick them up cheap at best buy or any audio store, I actually bought one from AutoZone. Usually $15-$30 for a cheaper model. You splice them right into your speaker wires for your rear speakers and the RCAs hook right into the box.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Jblv2mJcgY4/g_721/Line-Output-Converters.html
Thanks Chris, what if I didn't get this converter and hooked them right to the rear speakers, this is how I connected them for now

·
Registered
26 Posts
You mean like cutting the RCAs an peeling them?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Haha I have never tried this. I mean if you know it works and you can make a clean and secure connection, go for it. I personally wouldn't because with my luck it wouldn't work lol. The LOC also allows you to control the output level going to the amp through the RCA.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha I have never tried this. I mean if you know it works and you can make a clean and secure connection, go for it. I personally wouldn't because with my luck it wouldn't work lol. The LOC also allows you to control the output level going to the amp through the RCA.
Well I was able to make it, but I'll try the LOC because of the level control. Thanks again

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not a problem!:thmsup:

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Does directly to the battery drain it? I would think it would always be on being a direct connect and that would drain the battery after a while. Wish I knew how to wire things to switched empty fuse panel spots.

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
A 12V cable for your main power to the amp will not drain the battery unless the remote wire is connected to constant voltage. My system is installed with a PAC line out converter, normal ground, normal 12v red wire to the battery, and my remote wire is connected to my accessory power so that it only comes on when the key is on.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I really am jealous of those of you who know exactly how to do this. Guess this is how my wife feels when I talk about computers.
After a BUNCH of reading I think I get it. The main line to battery provides power to the amp "full-time" but since the remote wire is plugged into an accessory fuse spot, it only draws power from the battery when the car is turned on and the remote wire signals the amp to turn on, right?

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
You are correct sir.

Oh, and dont forget to reach up into your dash and unplug ANC.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the problem is when I turn on my car, which will turn my sub on, there is a weird sound comes out from the sub for like 3 seconds, and then everything works just fine.

So I tried to turn off my ANC, but the problem is when I turn it off, it turn itself back on after I restart my car. So it's like you edited a text document and closed it without saving.

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
You have to unplug the anc module behind the dash board.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just went and unplugged all the pick up mics in the car. But what kind of sound is it? Is it the sub just humming and then going away? It could be a bad ground on the amp.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just went and unplugged all the pick up mics in the car. But what kind of sound is it? Is it the sub just humming and then going away? It could be a bad ground on the amp.
Yes it's, and it's kind of connected to the engine revs it goes up with it sometimes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes it's, and it's kind of connected to the engine revs it goes up with it sometimes.

That would be your ANC. You can either disconnect all of the microphones or disconnect from behind the dashboard like Kevinb91

This is what I went by and it worked....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts