Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with a V6 auto trans had any issues with the transmission clunking. Mine seems to do it when switching from R-D or D-R. The transition just sounds sloppy. I could expect that from an older car with a lot of miles but not a brand new one.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Has anyone with a V6 auto trans had any issues with the transmission clunking. Mine seems to do it when switching from R-D or D-R. The transition just sounds sloppy. I could expect that from an older car with a lot of miles but not a brand new one.
Mine clunks occasionally...so did my '03...I park on an incline, and I only get it when first starting in the morning. No problems...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The clunk when you start the car is the hill assist system. I have the same sound on mine, usually only hear it when I start from cold.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Have you tried other v6 autos on the dealer lot? It might be that you're just extremely sensitive about the feeling/noise.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Has anyone with a V6 auto trans had any issues with the transmission clunking.
Yep - Mine does it all the time. Pretty loud, too...and i can't tell you why.:dunno:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tried other v6 autos on the dealer lot? It might be that you're just extremely sensitive about the feeling/noise.
I avoid the dealer like I do the plague. I find the noise unsettling simply because I've had bad luck with transmissions over the years. My '97 Accord would do the same but it was 16 years old and 200k miles so I wasn't surprised.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Had my Accord 4 months and 5,000km and I've never noticed a clunk........yet!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Same in my 2014. I have read it is normal due to the clutch packs used in this auto trans.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
You all must have different definitions of "clunk" than I do. I drive a V6 and I don't feel a clunk. Maybe I can feel the car shift from R to D or something but I wouldn't call it a CLUNK.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the "clunk", but so did my Civic. This is the world we live in of Honda transmissions. :wave:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Yes, this is pretty common on the v6's. I get it everytime I go from R to D. Doesn't matter what type of grade I am on. I think it is just the tranny dropping into gear but they could have made it more smooth and more quiet. My 2003 v6 is virtually silent when shifting from R to D.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Normal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Must Be Normal

Shifting from park to drive, a second after feeling the transmission engage, I get the clunk. Very noticeable if in an enclosed area like garage.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mine does it..still irritates me and makes the vehicle seem unrefined. :thumbsdow

1 - 16 of 16 Posts