Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum but not Honda's. I've owned a 92 Prelude Si for several years and have worked for Honda for 9 years. I recently bought a 14 Accord Sport. My question is, what are you guy's using to clean/detail the interior ? Specifically the dash board. I want to make sure I don't use something that will hurt the material. Thanks in advance for all advice.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am using Einszett ****pit Premium for dashboard and Einszett Plastic Deep Cleaner for door panels and even the leather/leatherette seats. They leave a nice, matte finish and a light, fresh scent.

Actually, I've been using these products for several years and I like them very much :D.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Blackfire all purpose cleaner (diluted 1:10) (or Chemical Guys All Clean+ and going to try Meguiars D101 next). Follow with a wipedown of filtered water. Finish with 303 Aerospace. Make sure and do a final dry buff with a fresh MF towel after 303. This will eliminate any high spots and give you a nice matte/satin finish.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Blackfire all purpose cleaner (diluted 1:10) (or Chemical Guys All Clean+ and going to try Meguiars D101 next). Follow with a wipedown of filtered water. Finish with 303 Aerospace. Make sure and do a final dry buff with a fresh MF towel after 303. This will eliminate any high spots and give you a nice matte/satin finish.
Aye - I second the Aerospace 303 product. But as WDM said - you need to pay attention to the directions and completely dry it off after you apply. It leaves the dash looking better than new with none of the high gloss slippery look of the old Armour All days.

·
Thunder Up!
3,020 Posts
Meg's APC+ (or any good apc, but I like this this one) or the ****pit listed above. If you want a very slight dressing, instead of 303 I'd look into PERL. It's been said to be identical (smells the same, same, color etc) and is cheaper. PERL has a ton of uses

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,854 Posts
Thanks to Satinsilver I recently acquired Surf City Garage "Dash Away". I have been the leading proponent for Aerospace 303 here for years but Dash Away is my new go to product. It cleans, offers UV protection, and leaves a non shiny, non oily, non slippery finish just like 303. The difference? Ease of application....no smear, no streak, no going back over it for a 2nd or 3rd wipe. Spray it on, wipe it off, and you're done.

·
Thunder Up!
3,020 Posts
Why not just go with an APC? Same matte/factory finish, but you don't have to buy a product that has one single use. Plenty of UV protection in moderns windshields plastic layers (98% or more UVA and UVB protection)

·
13,854 Posts
An APC, all purpose cleaner, simply cleans and strips all protection off of the surface. That is not what you are looking for. You want a product that cleans and protects at the same time to avoid additional steps. The product I mentioned above does all in one step as does Aerospace 303.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
An APC, all purpose cleaner, simply cleans and strips all protection off of the surface. That is not what you are looking for. You want a product that cleans and protects at the same time to avoid additional steps. The product I mentioned above does all in one step as does Aerospace 303.
303 Aerospace does not clean, it only protects. As you can see in the link below, a cleaning recommendation is included before applying 303.

http://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot8o.html

To me, and this only my personal preference, I like 2-step this process. Similar to preferring to polish then wax/seal with 2 different products. This is why I clean with APC then finish with 303. Again, only my personal preference and if the OP or anyone else is happy with doing it quicker with an all-in-one product, by all means go for it. :thmsup:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Thanks to Satinsilver I recently acquired Surf City Garage "Dash Away". I have been the leading proponent for Aerospace 303 here for years but Dash Away is my new go to product. It cleans, offers UV protection, and leaves a non shiny, non oily, non slippery finish just like 303. The difference? Ease of application....no smear, no streak, no going back over it for a 2nd or 3rd wipe. Spray it on, wipe it off, and you're done.
I'll second Dash Away. I've been using it for a couple of years now. I got a bunch of Surf City products that my local O Reilly's were closing out for next to nothing. I really like it's matte finish. You can easily use it for quick localized touch up cleaning. When I use 303 I'm pretty much forced to clean the entire area since it's more shiny and doesn't match up unless you do the whole area. Plus I'm easily amused. I chuckle every time I see it's name. :)

·
Thunder Up!
3,020 Posts
Anyone have pictures of their dashes/panels using 303? I find the dash of our cars (9th gen) looks matte no matter what I put on them. Maybe I just need to apply PERL (same thing as 303 Aero) more liberally

·
Registered
650 Posts
I use 303...used it on my '03 for 10 years...the dash and plastics looked as good as when I drove it out of the showroom..Same for my '13... I been using it on the back and sides of my leather seats, since we have vinyl covered leather. Will not use it on the seat, since it would probably wear off quickly. Actually bought a gallon of the stuff a few years ago, still have 1/2 gallon left...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Anyone have pictures of their dashes/panels using 303? I find the dash of our cars (9th gen) looks matte no matter what I put on them. Maybe I just need to apply PERL (same thing as 303 Aero) more liberally
The Meguiars stuff leaves a little shine to it. I don't use it on mine (I use the 303) but do use it on the wife's mazda.

·
13,854 Posts
303 Aerospace does not clean, it only protects. As you can see in the link below, a cleaning recommendation is included before applying 303.
When I spoke with them directly (Aerospace) a couple of years ago I was told it did contain a light cleaning agent suitable for interior plastics. Exterior, a vinyl top for instance, does need to be cleaned prior to using it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts