Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some might recall this was my previous Accord
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/202-photo-gallery/259841-my-15-***-sport.html

Just had to have more power and I've been wanting a V6 since I test drove one at a car show a few months ago so about two weeks ago I pulled the plug and got myself a 2016 Accord EX-L V6 and yes, in *** again! I debated about getting Lunar Silver or even MSM but I just can't stay away from white even though it only comes with Ivory interior which I got over with after a few days.

I traded my '15 Sport with the 17s from the EX-L. Those wheels are just awful and I my 20s on my Sport at the time so dealer swap them with no problem.

EX-L 17s

with the 20s

then a week later got her tinted same 15 % as the old Accord but added limo tint on the rear windshield

the 20s were rubbing without fender work when I have 3+ people so I put the 18s from my Sport and they don't look too bad.

then a week later I got my headlights retroffited with 4G TL Projectors (same as my old setup from my Sport) but with blacked out housing this time.

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,369 Posts
Awesome! Welcome to the V6 club. Now K Tune that beast! Love the blacked out housing. Any plans for the beak?

·
03 Accord EX
381 Posts
Wish I could get a V6 Sport. No leather, no fancy electronics. Just a simple good looking car with power.. 10+ years with this 4 cylinder though. We will see.

Your white looks nice and the 2013-2015 Sport wheels look great. Love mine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! Welcome to the V6 club. Now K Tune that beast! Love the blacked out housing. Any plans for the beak?
Thanks! I'm loving the V6. it's a beast! I'm thinking about getting the Sport grille to get rid of some chrome on the beak.

Wish I could get a V6 Sport. No leather, no fancy electronics. Just a simple good looking car with power.. 10+ years with this 4 cylinder though. We will see.

Your white looks nice and the 2013-2015 Sport wheels look great. Love mine.
Yeah that'd be nice if Honda offered a Sport V6 with less bells and whistles and just power.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Congrats...looks nice..I'm going for the *** again myself lol..what offset are your 20s?...I'm running 45et on 20x8.5... I've done numerous different wheels on my car..these 9th gens take really high offsets in order not to rub in the rear..I can put 3 ppl in the back with no problems at all...and I do not like the poked look...IMO the 20x8.5 45ET setup is perfect if someone wants to do a square set up..it's dead on with no rubbing..and that's running a 245/35/20 tire..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any plans on wrapping the roof on this one too?
yes, i've just been busy to bring it to the shop to get it done.

Congrats...looks nice..I'm going for the *** again myself lol..what offset are your 20s?...I'm running 45et on 20x8.5... I've done numerous different wheels on my car..these 9th gens take really high offsets in order not to rub in the rear..I can put 3 ppl in the back with no problems at all...and I do not like the poked look...IMO the 20x8.5 45ET setup is perfect if someone wants to do a square set up..it's dead on with no rubbing..and that's running a 245/35/20 tire..

Nice! *** ftw!

My 20s are +35 with 245/35/ tires so I get some minor rubbing on stock suspension. When my 15 Sport was lowered I had to do fender work to make them fit.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Do you know if the 4G TL projectors bolted right in like they do on the 13-15’s? I retro’d my 2014 and now I don’t know if I could ever go back to halogen if I upgraded to 16-17 model. If they didn’t that would be my excuse to upgrade to the Touring model

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you know if the 4G TL projectors bolted right in like they do on the 13-15’s? I retro’d my 2014 and now I don’t know if I could ever go back to halogen if I upgraded to 16-17 model. If they didn’t that would be my excuse to upgrade to the Touring model
My retro guy said they bolted right in with a few modifications. He said the '16s were a bit harder to retrofit than the 13-15 but he made it work. :grin

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
added LED interior lights

before

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
52 Posts
How did you trade your 2015 sport with the 2016 v6?

Is this all on a lease? I'm just wondering the $$ aspect as I'm in lease with my Sport but feel I made a huge mistake and not finance it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My retro guy said they bolted right in with a few modifications. He said the '16s were a bit harder to retrofit than the 13-15 but he made it work. :grin
I'm in So Cal, where did u get the retro fit done? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm doing the opposite lol. I have a CBP 15' V6 and im trading with my pops for MSM 16' EX 6SPD. I really wanted to drive manual again and wanted something better on gas. I don't need the power of V6 even though it is very lovely.

·
Registered
404 Posts
+1 on the info of your retro guy. I thought I saw your car by Valley Blvd and Garvey last month. Nice car:grin

Reactions: JaySi09

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Hi buddy @6speedDee can I see you set up from side if aim not asking much. I m planing to do 19x8.5 45et but then I saw your comment here. If you have posted pic here can you let me know... Thanks in advanced...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts