Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temple of VTEC Rumors and News - New Accord Coupe Touring trim added for 2016!

We've received some info concerning the upcoming 2016 Accord mid-cycle model change (MMC) and below is a summary of the changes we will see. It looks like Honda is really swinging for the fences with this MMC.

LX

+ LED Tail Lights
Available Honda Sensing*

Sport

+ 60/40 rear seat
+ 19" Alloy Wheels
+ LED DRL
Available Honda Sensing*

EX

+ 60/40 rear seat
+ Display Audio (with Enhanced Display Audio Technologies)
+ Homelink
+ XM Radio
+ HD Radio
+ LED DRL
+ LED Fog Lights
+ Remote Engine Start
+18" Alloy Wheels (Coupe)
Available Honda Sensing*

EX-L

Sedan: No Changes
Coupe: + Memory Seats
Available Display Audio+ (Navigation)
Available Honda Sensing*

Touring
NEW: Touring Coupe

+ 19" Alloy Wheels
+ Heated Rear Seats
+ Parking Sensors
+ Rear Spoiler
+ Rain Sensing Wipers
+ Auto high-beam headlights
+ Standard Honda Sensing

*Honda Sensing Adds:

Adaptive Cruise Control
CMBS (Cars & Pedestrian)
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
No mention of LED headlights on the new Coupe Touring trim. I'd rather have that than heated rear seats.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Thanks for this, did you notice that Honda Sensing will be available. This is huge and gives me hope that this will come to the CRV as well. IMO these safety features more than outweigh the less appealing look of the front end. Hope that this info is legit.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Really anxious to see what the sedan actually looks like in person. I've gotten tied of the coupe's limited cargo room and oddly shaped pass through. Makes it tough to haul anything. My road bike barely fits even with the front wheel removed. I don't want to trade it because other than that I love it, and I want to keep this car for a long time, but the '16 sedan is sounding very appealing!

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Finally 60/40 split... still not worth having that front end though.

·
Elvira - the car
3,521 Posts
Finally 60/40 split... still not worth having that front end though.
If I'm reading that list correctly, the 60/40 WON'T be offered on the Touring or EX-L sedan ? Only the Sport and LX ?

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
If I'm reading that list correctly, the 60/40 WON'T be offered on the Touring or EX-L sedan ? Only the Sport and LX ?
No the + Would indicate all features below it plus these specific features for the EX+ trims.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Is it just me or the 16' Sport won't be equipped with a foglights?
It will have fog lights, just not LED fogs.... The list starts with LX, and the next model adds on to the list....

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
What remains to be seen is how much Honda will raise the base price to cover all the new features.

·
2013 Accord V6-6MT
2,885 Posts
Is it just me or the 16' Sport won't be equipped with a foglights?
Do you really give a rat's about that?

I have fog lights, but I only turn them on to irritate drivers who irritated me in the past with their glaring fog lights when there was no fog at a time when I did not have fog lights. So, it is like payback time.

j/k....sorta. ;)

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
So by them adding memory seatS for the EX-L - the driver's seat has been memory since 2012 - does that mean they're FINALLY making a power passenger seat for the coupe? I've been complaining about that since I bought my Accord in '09.

·
2013 Accord V6-6MT
2,885 Posts
So by them adding memory seatS for the EX-L - the driver's seat has been memory since 2012 - does that mean they're FINALLY making a power passenger seat for the coupe? I've been complaining about that since I bought my Accord in '09.
I just can't imagine the pain you have experienced from those pesky passengers complaining about not having a power seat.

Must be freakin' awful! ;)

·
'15 6-6
565 Posts
I just can't imagine the pain you have experienced from those pesky passengers complaining about not having a power seat.

Must be freakin' awful! ;)
I prefer the manual passenger seat as the power seats are too slow to let people in/out. Just wish it remembered the fore/aft position.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
No, it means the EX-L i4 Coupe is getting memory seats. That’s what the "+" means. That model currently does not have memory seats.

·
2013 Accord V6-6MT
2,885 Posts
I prefer the manual passenger seat as the power seats are too slow to let people in/out. Just wish it remembered the fore/aft position.
I know, I know......why can't Honda step up to the plate and develop a 1950s-era manual seat that has a digital memory. WTF, Honda!! ;)

·
'15 6-6
565 Posts
I know, I know......why can't Honda step up to the plate and develop a 1950s-era manual seat that has a digital memory. WTF, Honda!! ;)
2 sets of seat rails, stacked or parallel. One for fore-aft adjustment, one for entry/exit. Coupes without power seats have been doing this for decades.

1 - 20 of 344 Posts