Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating running 16" black steel wheels for the winter, and was wondering if anyone had pics of them on their Accord. I did a quick search and saw some people mentioning they had steel wheel but never any pics. Just curious how they look before I make my final decision.

·
Backyard wrench
47 Posts
I am contemplating running 16" black steel wheels for the winter, and was wondering if anyone had pics of them on their Accord. I did a quick search and saw some people mentioning they had steel wheel but never any pics. Just curious how they look before I make my final decision.
Howdy neighbor,

If you're purchasing the rims new, you can go to tirerack.com and look at the winter wheel packages and see what the different hub cab options are. It won't show you how they look on the car, but they do have a good selection of trim caps for most steel packages. It's function over form anyway...

I'm hoping to use the 16" steels from the Camry I just traded for my EX. The bolt pattern and offset is the same, just not sure if the lugnuts from the accord will work right. Need to pull a wheel and test next weekend.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Steelies

Hi,
I am running steelies on our EXL with downsized Michlein X-Ice snow tire...205/65/16. They look really ugly in the raw!!! I bought used 2012 Honda OEM hubcaps, but they dont fit without the special lugnuts with plastic collars to hold them on.
I bought 4 hubcaps at W-mart for $20, and Honda decals from Fleabay. They look pretty good, see pix.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I happened to spot my old car that I sold my friend a few years ago and snapped a picture.
Its the only pic i have with black steelies on.
So here you go....

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
These are 17" steel wheels on the sedan with X-ice 3 215 55 R17 tires. I agree that they are ugly and got some decent looking wheel covers from Walmart to dress em up. Havent been able to get a pic yet with the wheel covers on.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would rather rock the steelies than wal-mart covers. But that's just my opinion.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
I'm on the steelies with the OEM cover. Doesn't look horrible IMO, but I would take alloys if I had a choice because the steel ones are heavy as bawls to get on and off.

The OEM cover costs $25 a pop if bought from Honda, however. Maybe would look better if you just used them raw and spray painted them the color of your car?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would rather rock the steelies than wal-mart covers. But that's just my opinion.
I would've said the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Until I saw the set that I picked up:thmsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was going to go steel but when it came time, I couldnt do it. Went with an alloy 5 spoke by FAST, not that much more then steel. Went down to 16 inch, the dont look so bad. 1 mm is the difference it total wheel height. Not regretting it so far but I have not got my credit card bill yet !

·
Registered
3,682 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
OEM Hubcaps need special lugnuts

I'm on the steelies with the OEM cover. Doesn't look horrible IMO, but I would take alloys if I had a choice because the steel ones are heavy as bawls to get on and off.

The OEM cover costs $25 a pop if bought from Honda, however. Maybe would look better if you just used them raw and spray painted them the color of your car?
Plus, the cost of the lugnuts, lowest price online for new ones was $3.20 each + shipping ($64+~8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Posted this in a winter tire thread from January, but will repost the pic of my sport with 16" steelies and general altimax arctics.

Attachments

·
4,057 Posts
^^ I will give you $1 to put a police light bar on top of your car. Not illegal to have it, just illegal to use it :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Heres with wheel covers on....better than black

Attachments

·
4,057 Posts
^^ Looks pretty good. I don't mind the OEM wheel covers on my rims because they're a similar many-spoke style which hides pretty well the plain blackness underneath.

·
Registered
243 Posts
^^ Looks pretty good. I don't mind the OEM wheel covers on my rims because they're a similar many-spoke style which hides pretty well the plain blackness underneath.
Thanks. Yea if I went with 16's then I would've opted for the OEM covers too. We have them on our 8th gen and the benefit is that they're held on with the lug nuts so the wheel cover won't slip off. I used a few zipties to for added security on mine:thmsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I happened to spot my old car that I sold my friend a few years ago and snapped a picture.
Its the only pic i have with black steelies on.
So here you go....
Thats hilarious!
Dont know if you remember me Will, but i was the other guy that pickd up the black 08.5 the same week as you...and i think we got our tint done at the same time................and now have a *** Accord. 4dr though.

Weird. Great minds think alike i guess. :lmao:

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
IDK, considering my car sits on winter rims over 1/2 the year (Nov - mid April) I could not do steelies. I picked up 17" aftermarket rims for $99/ea. I hate to say it but I like the look with the winter rims better.

(Yes, I know the Odyssey photo bombed the pic)

Attachments

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Heres with wheel covers on....better than black
They remind me of the Fusion 'luxury' wheels that come standard on the Totani trim. That says a lot about Ford's choice of wheel design. :banana:

IDK, considering my car sits on winter rims over 1/2 the year (Nov - mid April) I could not do steelies. I picked up 17" aftermarket rims for $99/ea. I hate to say it but I like the look with the winter rims better.
I like them better than my stock 17s too. :notworthy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts