1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
312 Posts
You can order one online from hondapartsnetwork for like $90 and call around fro dealer cut and program my local one did it for $25

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Pilot without a plane
368 Posts
I got a blank online. Think it was on ebay and didn't cost much. Got it cut at a local locksmith. Think that was $90 to cut it. Then just transferred over the guts from my other key. So i didn't need to get one programmed like it sounds you will.

I had an older Ranger that I wanted extra keys for. Went to Home Depot. The guy asked me if I wanted a door key or an ignition key. It's the same cut, but the ignition key had a chip and was going to be $60. I got the door key made for a few bucks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ace works, my wife lost our 2007 Odyssey key a couple of weeks ago. Found a guy in the neighborhood who runs a service out of his home. He came to the house, cut a key and new FOB all for $150 inclusive. Later we brought him a second blank key to clone which he did for less. My wife found him through our neighbor - he is a locksmith.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I needed one when I first bought one of these Hondas as it only came with one. The dealer charged $170 and I thought that was nuts. I guess I'll try Ace.

Reactions: KW2004Accord

·
Registered
910 Posts
Went to local locksmith for same purpose when I first bought my car. That was $45 out the door.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Went to local locksmith for same purpose when I first bought my car. That was $45 out the door.
From what I can find that's hard to believe. The blanks themselves are $70. Ace will program for $30 and cut it for $40 if you bring your own blank in but it's just cheaper to buy it from them and have it cut and programmed all for $130.

I did find some OEM blanks that claim to be programmable on amazon for $14. Gonna try that first.

Reactions: KW2004Accord

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just went through this with my '06. Had a blank with guts from Ebay, brought to Ace. First - they don't carry 3 button keys in stock, only their own buttonless blanks. I had my key but they couldn't program it, the machine kept erroring out. Tried with my aftermarket key as well as 1/2 blank i got for $50 from dealer that came with immobilizer chip - so total fail there.

Had to go to the dealer - they charged $140 to program immobilizer chip (though warned that afermarket key don't always work but this time it did) + $10 to cut.

·
Registered
910 Posts
From what I can find that's hard to believe.
Not sure what's so special that they cost that much in your neck of the woods.

I was surprised myself, but it was $45 for me. Key that was cut for me looks generic.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Call around to all Hondas in your area. Back in 2017, the cheapest I found was $78/key, $65 (their hourly rate) to program all keys required (2 normal, 1 valet if needed).

I can't remember if they would cut one brought in or not. Some said they would but would not guarantee if it didn't turn.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Call around to all Hondas in your area. Back in 2017, the cheapest I found was $78/key, $65 (their hourly rate) to program all keys required (2 normal, 1 valet if needed).

I can't remember if they would cut one brought in or not. Some said they would but would not guarantee if it didn't turn.
For me, it was only if it was in an unopened Honda bag with a receipt from the selling dealer

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
3,386 Posts