Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Honda Accord Coupe Touring
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to find any strut bars for the 17 coupe anyone know of some?

·
Pothole
203 Posts
The 9th gen aftermarket strut bars fit for all model Accords (except the LX). I am using the DC sport strut bar. It will contact the plastic engine cover on the 3.5, but clears the engine if you remove it.
Thank you for that, sir.

Yes, it fits the V6 perfectly, even with the cover on.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
You are talking about tower struts?
Strut tower bar. You know, the bar that bolts to the top of the two front strut towers in the engine compartment?

The big straight white thing above and behind the engine.

A strut tower bar does not connect to the suspension, it can have no affect on spring rates or suspension action or body roll in any way. None. What it DOES do is make the body structure stronger so that the body doesn't flex as much. The 9th gen Accord body structure is pretty solid stock, but a STB helps. That's kind of why they include them from the factory on most models.

Point being, the question about a strut tower bar improving body roll is a misguided question in the first place.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,135 Posts
Reactions: 200366HFP

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
What effects do you get if you have some flex?
Minor issues: creaks and groans from the body and interior
Serious issues: it won't track consistently when pushing it through corners and over bumps, in extreme cases odd tire wear and inability to maintain alignment settings.

Bottom line, you want the suspension doing the work of absorbing road imperfections and reacting to stopping and cornering forces, not a flexible chassis. If you want to better understand things like this in more detail but without having an engineering degree, get the book by Herb Adams titled Chassis Engineering or How To Make Your Car Handle by Fred Puhn.

·
Registered
2013 Touring 6 spd MT
257 Posts
Minor issues: creaks and groans from the body and interior
Serious issues: it won't track consistently when pushing it through corners and over bumps, in extreme cases odd tire wear and inability to maintain alignment settings.

Bottom line, you want the suspension doing the work of absorbing road imperfections and reacting to stopping and cornering forces, not a flexible chassis. If you want to better understand things like this in more detail but without having an engineering degree, get the book by Herb Adams titled Chassis Engineering or How To Make Your Car Handle by Fred Puhn.
Curious why my 4cyl Touring has a tower strut bar and yet not yours. Perhaps I should compare with and without the struts on the Accord...easy enough to take it out.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Curious why my 4cyl Touring has a tower strut bar and yet not yours. Perhaps I should compare with and without the struts on the Accord...easy enough to take it out.
???????
Mine had a strut tower bar from the factory. I upgraded it with a larger one (as seen in the photo above). Mine is an EX-L so of course it had a strut tower bar from the factory.

·
Registered
2013 Touring 6 spd MT
257 Posts
???????
Mine had a strut tower bar from the factory. I upgraded it with a larger one (as seen in the photo above). Mine is an EX-L so of course it had a strut tower bar from the factory.
Ooops! Thought you are the OP.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Ooops! Thought you are the OP.
It would appear the OP has checked out on his own thread.

Anyway, he has a Touring coupe which would have had a strut tower bar from the factory, I think he is looking for aftermarket upgrade options.

Personally, I used the UltraRacing version which is what is pictured above.

·
Registered
2013 Touring 6 spd MT
257 Posts
It would appear the OP has checked out on his own thread.

Anyway, he has a Touring coupe which would have had a strut tower bar from the factory, I think he is looking for aftermarket upgrade options.

Personally, I used the UltraRacing version which is what is pictured above.
Did you notice a difference between the factory one and the aftermarket one?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Did you notice a difference between the factory one and the aftermarket one?
Well, when I installed it I also installed a number of UltraRacing underbody braces at the same time. And yes, I noticed a difference.

·
Registered
2013 Touring 6 spd MT
257 Posts
What did you do with the OEM strut? Perhaps the OP, if still with us here, can take it off your hands.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts