Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
cvt - NOT
1,258 Posts
Do you only experience the static while listening to the radio, or does the static also occur when listening to music from other input sources?

If you're out of warranty, you may want to consider reaching out to an experience car audio shop to help determine the cause of the static. In most cases, dealership/technicians aren't savvy when it comes to fixing electronic issues, and will often suggest replacing parts which will oftentimes be extremely expensive.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Easiest thing you can do is to unplug and module that is in center console underneath the audio unit. If the noise persists then for for the audio unit.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Accord Ex Silver
7 Posts
Easiest thing you can do is to unplug and module that is in center console underneath the audio unit. If the noise persists then for for the audio unit.
Any links to the module location and/or directions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m currently going through this issue. I have a 2017 Honda Accord Touring with ~106k miles. I can relate when everyone says they’ve pulled over and turned their cars off, turning audio on/off, etc. I’ll even go a step further and say that sometimes my car will stop the noise when I pause my music. When I press play, it gets horribly loud again, so I’ve dealt with both static while music is playing and while it’s not.

I took it to an audio shop and of course it wasn’t doing it when I got there, so I had to show him a video. He said it sounded like my amplifier, so that’s what was replaced. Maybe about an hour after picking it up, it started doing it again. Apparently I need something called a “software patch,” but I’ll keep you all updated! I’m literally writing this as I’m waiting to hear back about what dealership can help with this)

*I’d love to attach my video but I can’t! I’ll revisit the post once I figure out how to upload it! 😅

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m currently going through this issue. I have a 2017 Honda Accord Touring with ~106k miles. I can relate when everyone says they’ve pulled over and turned their cars off, turning audio on/off, etc. I’ll even go a step further and say that sometimes my car will stop the noise when I pause my music. When I press play, it gets horribly loud again, so I’ve dealt with both static while music is playing and while it’s not.

I took it to an audio shop and of course it wasn’t doing it when I got there, so I had to show him a video. He said it sounded like my amplifier, so that’s what was replaced. Maybe about an hour after picking it up, it started doing it again. Apparently I need something called a “software patch,” but I’ll keep you all updated! I’m literally writing this as I’m waiting to hear back about what dealership can help with this)

*I’d love to attach my video but I can’t! I’ll revisit the post once I figure out how to upload it! 😅

Please update on the result, I've been driving with no center console for two weeks now.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Yes, please keep me updated as well! I have a 2017 Accord Hybrid and have been experiencing the same exact audio issues as you. I got so fed up that I pulled out the audio fuse under the hood to disable the center console and temporarily fix the problem. Luckily the A/C and USB phone charger still work which is all I care about at this point. I've never appreciated silence so much!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, please keep me updated as well! I have a 2017 Accord Hybrid and have been experiencing the same exact audio issues as you. I got so fed up that I pulled out the audio fuse under the hood to disable the center console and temporarily fix the problem. Luckily the A/C and USB phone charger still work which is all I care about at this point. I've never appreciated silence so much!
So far, replacing the amp has helped BUT the problem is still there. Thankfully, the static doesn’t last as long so at this present time, it’s tolerable while I figure out the rest of the problem haha

Please update on the result, I've been driving with no center console for two weeks now.
So far, replacing the amp has helped BUT the problem is still there. Thankfully, the static doesn’t last as long so at this present time, it’s tolerable while I figure out the rest of the problem haha

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wanted to chime in with my experience in my 2017 Accord Hybrid. I’ve installed an aftermarket 5 channel amp using a bypass harness from ebay and have so far installed only the two front channels and the sub, this was just to upgrade the OEM audio.
I was having very audible static noise and whine (under throttle). I thought my amp ground was bad but I made sure it was contacting well. I went out and got a ground loop isolator for the front channels, installed at the amp input. The noise reduced by about 95% and the whine is completely gone.
I read something about how poor RCA cables that are not twisted or shielded very well can introduce interference so I’m going to test using a twisted RCA cable without the isolator to see if thats whats causing the noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a problem. A loud one. So I have an 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring that we have driven about 108,000 miles, yes, it's a lot. And about 2 months ago, we encountered a very odd problem that apparently has not been seen anywhere else. I will upload a video for this forum for people to understand, but the problem is that our radio produces static noise. And it is like a old analog TV with no signal creating that super load and static sound! The problem is that we can't even turn it off. Powering off the radio with the power button does nothing, as well as putting the radio on mute and lowering the volume. No matter what setting you adjust, the radio seems to be possessed. We have the upgraded unit that comes with the Touring trim that has the navigation system. Although I have brought the car to the dealership about 3-4 times, they were not able to reproduce the noise when they had their technicians check it out. Although the people that take the car in did witness the static noise of the car when I pulled the vehicle up to the service center. And three times I was told that they were not able to reproduce to problem, leaving me to take the car home and deal with the noise afterwards... again and again. I asked Honda about my options. Since they are not able to reproduce my problem yet, my option was to replace the headunit of the car, which would come out of my own pocket. They said somewhere around 1k and up. Although I know that the car has driven through a lot of miles, I don't think that a car that new should have an infotainment issue to this severity. Please let me know if anyone has encountered this same issue and if there is any remedies to resolve this issue, what are my options!

Although, one thing that I have done to somewhat help my case is remove the wiring that connects to the three speakers in the rear since it easy access to remove the connectors. On the other hand, the speakers in the front are more difficult to reach since the door panels would need to come off.

Because this is my first post on the thread, I was not allowed to attach a hyperlink to my thread. I will paste the link below, please watch to understand

VIDEO

VIDEO FOR ORIGINAL POST

17' Accord Radio Static
HI , I got same issue on my Honda Accord , it has now 65000 miles on it. Sound is very loud and you cannot drive the car .What was the actual cause and how much it will cost to fix this ?. Do Honda take care this issue or we need to take care this from our pocket.?. Thanks,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wanted to chime in with my experience in my 2017 Accord Hybrid. I’ve installed an aftermarket 5 channel amp using a bypass harness from ebay and have so far installed only the two front channels and the sub, this was just to upgrade the OEM audio.
I was having very audible static noise and whine (under throttle). I thought my amp ground was bad but I made sure it was contacting well. I went out and got a ground loop isolator for the front channels, installed at the amp input. The noise reduced by about 95% and the whine is completely gone.
I read something about how poor RCA cables that are not twisted or shielded very well can introduce interference so I’m going to test using a twisted RCA cable without the isolator to see if thats whats causing the noise.
Update: I connected the front two channel signals to the amplifier using a twisted pair RCA cable and it did not make a difference. I needed to use the ground loop isolator either way. If anyone installs an aftermarket amplifier and gets noise, this seems to be a possible solution.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am in the same situation as you. If you hear anything let me know. I've done the same things that you have done I disconnected the ANC oh, and reinstalled it now. I've disconnected all my speakers in the back of the car. And the only relief I get is when I pull the fuse for the radio but as you said it kills everything the whole center console dies. I'm going to bring my car to Honda service next week but they probably have no idea what the hell they're doing
Okay so this is where I'm at My accord has been at the dealership since last Monday. They have gone through everything we have discussed in this form I brought them a list with all the things that I've done what other people have experienced and everything does anybody have a solution they're still scratching their heads over there. I know they even went through my car and took the headliner down and checked all the microphones as well does anybody have a solution? And sorry for the run-on sentence I'm driving and texting this as we speak

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
With all that work done and what not, has anyone attempted to install a different oem unit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
H

I am from Saudi Arabia and my vehicle is honda accord 2017.

Unfortunately since last year I am in the same situation as you all. I've done the same things that you have done. I have tryied to change the amplifier without any change in the situation. Lastly, I disconnected the amplifier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Honda Accord and this static piercing computer noises don’t go away!!! Any one get any results from Honda? I’ve been reading with people saying there has been issuing with Apple car play ever since the iOS 14 so at this point idk if it’s a apple issue or a Honda issue but I can’t handle this noise anymore for two weeks we noticed nothing happened because I had my dad drive it around and he never connects his phone but when I got in the car and the car recognized my phone it started right away so I’m not sure what it can be at this point a system update or a apple related issue

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok so my car has been at my Honda dealership.for 2 weeks ... I sent it with all the diagnostic items I did. They even went and removed my headliner. They pulled the amplifier out of another 2017 Hybrid Accord and tested it for 3 hours and there was no problems. I told them I would order one from a used car part place, but they insisted to use a new one as the part number has changed. (This tells me Honda must know the amp is defective). I should be picking up my car tomorrow and I will update. Total cost was $1000.00 diagnosis. $700.00 for the part. I have yet to see my bill though. As I said I will keep you all informed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a problem. A loud one. So I have an 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring that we have driven about 108,000 miles, yes, it's a lot. And about 2 months ago, we encountered a very odd problem that apparently has not been seen anywhere else. I will upload a video for this forum for people to understand, but the problem is that our radio produces static noise. And it is like a old analog TV with no signal creating that super load and static sound! The problem is that we can't even turn it off. Powering off the radio with the power button does nothing, as well as putting the radio on mute and lowering the volume. No matter what setting you adjust, the radio seems to be possessed. We have the upgraded unit that comes with the Touring trim that has the navigation system. Although I have brought the car to the dealership about 3-4 times, they were not able to reproduce the noise when they had their technicians check it out. Although the people that take the car in did witness the static noise of the car when I pulled the vehicle up to the service center. And three times I was told that they were not able to reproduce to problem, leaving me to take the car home and deal with the noise afterwards... again and again. I asked Honda about my options. Since they are not able to reproduce my problem yet, my option was to replace the headunit of the car, which would come out of my own pocket. They said somewhere around 1k and up. Although I know that the car has driven through a lot of miles, I don't think that a car that new should have an infotainment issue to this severity. Please let me know if anyone has encountered this same issue and if there is any remedies to resolve this issue, what are my options!

Although, one thing that I have done to somewhat help my case is remove the wiring that connects to the three speakers in the rear since it easy access to remove the connectors. On the other hand, the speakers in the front are more difficult to reach since the door panels would need to come off.

Because this is my first post on the thread, I was not allowed to attach a hyperlink to my thread. I will paste the link below, please watch to understand

VIDEO

VIDEO FOR ORIGINAL POST

17' Accord Radio Static
I just had this problem with my car for months. no one could figure it out. but today i was lucky enough to find out it is the rear antenna that was messed up. please if anyone is still having this issue have your mechanic check the rear antenna.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok so my car has been at my Honda dealership.for 2 weeks ... I sent it with all the diagnostic items I did. They even went and removed my headliner. They pulled the amplifier out of another 2017 Hybrid Accord and tested it for 3 hours and there was no problems. I told them I would order one from a used car part place, but they insisted to use a new one as the part number has changed. (This tells me Honda must know the amp is defective). I should be picking up my car tomorrow and I will update. Total cost was $1000.00 diagnosis. $700.00 for the part. I have yet to see my bill though. As I said I will keep you all informed.
Hope it will work with you. I have tried before to install another used amplifier without success.

I just had this problem with my car for months. no one could figure it out. but today i was lucky enough to find out it is the rear antenna that was messed up. please if anyone is still having this issue have your mechanic check the rear antenna.
I will try to do it today. Do you have a pictuer for the anteena location!

·
Registered
8 Posts
so after a few weeks, I literally cannot take it anymore. I had a 4 hour road trip, and you guessed it! My sound was screwed up the entire way down. Talk. about. irritating. 😡
Next step, replacing the radio…I’ll check in again once I get my radio replaced to let you all know the verdict fingers crossed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did replacing the back antenna fix the problem? I have a 2017 Accord hybrid, and the static started last summer - intermittently. It wasn't too bad, since I wasn't driving that often. But now that I"m driving more - the static seems to come in and out at least once a week now. I find myself holding my breath every time I start driving, hoping today isn't the day the static starts up again.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts