Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
8th Gen Believer
4,644 Posts
I'd take it to a car audio shop. Use Yelp to find one. The audio system needs to be re-fused, I believe, with it's own dedicated fuse. Running all that vital stuff off one fuse is asking for trouble, which of course found you all. It's poor design.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a new member and posted the following message a few hours ago. Someone was nice enough to send the link to your thread.

"Hello All,

Background:
In August of 2020 I purchased a 2017 Silver Honda Accord. The car has been great until about three weeks ago when the radio suddenly started blaring static through the speakers. The power button wouldn't work and even with the volume muted the static/robot chatter was at full blast. It's undriveable in that condition.

What I've done:
I found the fuse under the hood that runs the stereo and pulled it. This disables both screens, the radio, and the 12v chargers in the arm console as well as the one under the radio. I left it out for a few days, replaced the fuse, and started it back up. Two days later the same problem occurs. I can't even explain how loud it is! After a week of no radio, backup camera etc. I looked online and cannot find a single instance of this happening to anyone else. So, I disconnected the battery last night, let it sit for 30 mins, then proceeded to reconnect. It worked great last night to go to the grocery store (test drive), and worked well on my 30-minute commute this morning. However, leaving the parking lot at work this evening the peace only lasted about 30 seconds before it started blaring static and robot beeps at maximum capacity. I've tried the fuse, the battery, disconnecting my phone from the bluetooth etc. Tonight I called the 1-800-999-1009 number for Honda and had them search for known issues and/or recall and software updates, all to no avail.

If you have encountered this problem, what did you do? The dealership will run a diagnostic but they have to be able to mimic the issue. I cannot drive it with the noise (nobody can), and it may blow the speakers out if I try. If I drive it with the fuse out and then reinstall the fuse at the service department it may not have the problem for 1-2 days based off of historical evidence. Please please please help.

- Nearly deaf from static"

I know this doesn't help but if I hear or try anything new I'll keep ya posted.
THIS IS THE BEST THING TO DO WITH THIS SITUATION. I called 1-800-999-1009 Honda today and of course there is no sign of recall because people arent calling in to make complaints about this issue. Get a claim number and report the issue. If it can not be fix at the dealership then report back to your claim so that it will build a case for them to find a solution for us. Honestly, there should be a class action for this issue, no one should be paying to fix this when multiple owners of this car are or will experience this issue over time.

Honda isn't looking at this forum or any others for that matter meanwhile we are out here spend all sorts of money on something their own techs cant find a fix for. My issue started back in July of 2021 this year, I bought my car in Dec 2019. It has gotten worse since my car was vandalized and repaired. The windshield and driver side window was damaged, and air bag was stolen. So with these cars the windshield had to be replaced as well as recalibrated for the safety features in the windshield. I got my car back thinking well maybe they heard the static and added it to the insurance claim and fixed the issue. LOL not at all whatever they did made it worse and they pretended there was nothing wrong. Probably because they don't know what the fix is.

When I spoke with the Honda rep. No different than what this poster said "They claimed they haven't had any complaints about this..." She said that everyone with the issue has to file complaints in order for Honda to initiate a recall. But they want us to try to see if the dealership can fix it first. According to some of these comments there is no immediate fix. I've seen multiple solutions that dont all seem to be the answer. From the fuse or wiring not being enough to handle the voltage, the antenna, to there being an issue with the amp or an update that the radio needs. I was going to get rid of it before it got this bad. But now its so bad that its noticable as soon as driving for a few minutes. I believe it has something to do with the connectivity with your bluetooth etc... because it happens more often when the phone is connected. But Ive also notice that when I just allow a song to play off my phone... the noise subsides as long as it attempting to play something.

HI , I got same issue on my Honda Accord , it has now 65000 miles on it. Sound is very loud and you cannot drive the car .What was the actual cause and how much it will cost to fix this ?. Do Honda take care this issue or we need to take care this from our pocket.?. Thanks,
Call 1-800-999-1009 make a case. If its a honda issue the rep says they might pay also someone on this thread got them to pay at lease 50% of the cost... However if enough people complain and make claims this can become a recall. Please call

·
Registered
18 Posts
THIS IS THE BEST THING TO DO WITH THIS SITUATION. I called 1-800-999-1009 Honda today and of course there is no sign of recall because people arent calling in to make complaints about this issue. Get a claim number and report the issue. If it can not be fix at the dealership then report back to your claim so that it will build a case for them to find a solution for us. Honestly, there should be a class action for this issue, no one should be paying to fix this when multiple owners of this car are or will experience this issue over time.

Honda isn't looking at this forum or any others for that matter meanwhile we are out here spend all sorts of money on something their own techs cant find a fix for. My issue started back in July of 2021 this year, I bought my car in Dec 2019. It has gotten worse since my car was vandalized and repaired. The windshield and driver side window was damaged, and air bag was stolen. So with these cars the windshield had to be replaced as well as recalibrated for the safety features in the windshield. I got my car back thinking well maybe they heard the static and added it to the insurance claim and fixed the issue. LOL not at all whatever they did made it worse and they pretended there was nothing wrong. Probably because they don't know what the fix is.

When I spoke with the Honda rep. No different than what this poster said "They claimed they haven't had any complaints about this..." She said that everyone with the issue has to file complaints in order for Honda to initiate a recall. But they want us to try to see if the dealership can fix it first. According to some of these comments there is no immediate fix. I've seen multiple solutions that dont all seem to be the answer. From the fuse or wiring not being enough to handle the voltage, the antenna, to there being an issue with the amp or an update that the radio needs. I was going to get rid of it before it got this bad. But now its so bad that its noticable as soon as driving for a few minutes. I believe it has something to do with the connectivity with your bluetooth etc... because it happens more often when the phone is connected. But Ive also notice that when I just allow a song to play off my phone... the noise subsides as long as it attempting to play something.

Call 1-800-999-1009 make a case. If its a honda issue the rep says they might pay also someone on this thread got them to pay at lease 50% of the cost... However if enough people complain and make claims this can become a recall. Please call

YOUR RADIO HAS TO BE REPLACED , it has nothing to do with heat or Bluetooth or what ever you want it to be. It is a MALFUNCTION FROM THE FACTORY. Only fix is replacement. American Honda will cover 50/59 split on GOODWILL CLAIM. Goodluck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
YOUR RADIO HAS TO BE REPLACED , it has nothing to do with heat or Bluetooth or what ever you want it to be. It is a MALFUNCTION FROM THE FACTORY. Only fix is replacement. American Honda will cover 50/59 split on GOODWILL CLAIM. Goodluck!

Ahh yea thats basically what my comment just said as well as me posting the number agian... My comment is more so geared on getting more people to file a claim to make them responsible. People are just telling what they've experienced with this. But thanks anyway.

Something's wrong with your speakers. The breaks come through loud and clear through my speakers.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Skull Snaps

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ahh yea thats basically what my comment just said as well as me posting the number agian... My comment is more so geared on getting more people to file a claim to make them responsible. People are just telling what they've experienced with this. But thanks anyway.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Skull Snaps
Update 9/29/21 6:08 Am .. Honda got the audio unit in yesterday 9/28/21 I dropped my car off around 9:30am, car was ready for pick up around 4:30pm 9/28/21.. audio unit replaced WAS THE FIX. Feels like a new car! Total cost was 627.34 that was with a oil change and filter. Good luck mates!!!!!!

Update 9/29/21 6:08 Am .. Honda got the audio unit in yesterday 9/28/21 I dropped my car off around 9:30am, car was ready for pick up around 4:30pm 9/28/21.. audio unit replaced WAS THE FIX. Feels like a new car! Total cost was 627.34 that was with a oil change and filter. Good luck mates!!!!!!
Handwriting Font Material property Paper Paper product

Like I said before , American Honda will cover 50/50 here’s the proof for non-believers

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a problem. A loud one. So I have an 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring that we have driven about 108,000 miles, yes, it's a lot. And about 2 months ago, we encountered a very odd problem that apparently has not been seen anywhere else. I will upload a video for this forum for people to understand, but the problem is that our radio produces static noise. And it is like a old analog TV with no signal creating that super load and static sound! The problem is that we can't even turn it off. Powering off the radio with the power button does nothing, as well as putting the radio on mute and lowering the volume. No matter what setting you adjust, the radio seems to be possessed. We have the upgraded unit that comes with the Touring trim that has the navigation system. Although I have brought the car to the dealership about 3-4 times, they were not able to reproduce the noise when they had their technicians check it out. Although the people that take the car in did witness the static noise of the car when I pulled the vehicle up to the service center. And three times I was told that they were not able to reproduce to problem, leaving me to take the car home and deal with the noise afterwards... again and again. I asked Honda about my options. Since they are not able to reproduce my problem yet, my option was to replace the headunit of the car, which would come out of my own pocket. They said somewhere around 1k and up. Although I know that the car has driven through a lot of miles, I don't think that a car that new should have an infotainment issue to this severity. Please let me know if anyone has encountered this same issue and if there is any remedies to resolve this issue, what are my options!

Although, one thing that I have done to somewhat help my case is remove the wiring that connects to the three speakers in the rear since it easy access to remove the connectors. On the other hand, the speakers in the front are more difficult to reach since the door panels would need to come off.

Because this is my first post on the thread, I was not allowed to attach a hyperlink to my thread. I will paste the link below, please watch to understand

VIDEO

VIDEO FOR ORIGINAL POST

17' Accord Radio Static
I have a 2016 accord exl coupe. And have been having the issues with white noise coming through the speaker. I got the car brand new in 2016 and this issue has been occurring for the last 2 months. It used to be every once in a while. Now it happens every time I drive. Doesn’t matter if the Apple car play is on or I’m using the radio , blue tooth, or CD. Even when I shut off the audio it still happens. Spoke with Honda they want 299.00 just to assess the issue. A lot of people have mentioned it’s a grounding issue. It’s a pain in the ass at this point

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m an apprentice tech at a used car lot. I have a Honda here with the same problem. Rn we’ve got it narrowed down to the AMPLIFIER. Underneath passenger side dashboard. I’ll post another reply if we find a solution

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi glad I found this, my 2017 Hybrid is also doing this, with the radio on or off, it seems after the car is hot or I have the heat on in the mornings. So do I just need to replace the Stereo unit, someone said its the front amp?

We have a problem. A loud one. So I have an 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring that we have driven about 108,000 miles, yes, it's a lot. And about 2 months ago, we encountered a very odd problem that apparently has not been seen anywhere else. I will upload a video for this forum for people to understand, but the problem is that our radio produces static noise. And it is like a old analog TV with no signal creating that super load and static sound! The problem is that we can't even turn it off. Powering off the radio with the power button does nothing, as well as putting the radio on mute and lowering the volume. No matter what setting you adjust, the radio seems to be possessed. We have the upgraded unit that comes with the Touring trim that has the navigation system. Although I have brought the car to the dealership about 3-4 times, they were not able to reproduce the noise when they had their technicians check it out. Although the people that take the car in did witness the static noise of the car when I pulled the vehicle up to the service center. And three times I was told that they were not able to reproduce to problem, leaving me to take the car home and deal with the noise afterwards... again and again. I asked Honda about my options. Since they are not able to reproduce my problem yet, my option was to replace the headunit of the car, which would come out of my own pocket. They said somewhere around 1k and up. Although I know that the car has driven through a lot of miles, I don't think that a car that new should have an infotainment issue to this severity. Please let me know if anyone has encountered this same issue and if there is any remedies to resolve this issue, what are my options!

Although, one thing that I have done to somewhat help my case is remove the wiring that connects to the three speakers in the rear since it easy access to remove the connectors. On the other hand, the speakers in the front are more difficult to reach since the door panels would need to come off.

Because this is my first post on the thread, I was not allowed to attach a hyperlink to my thread. I will paste the link below, please watch to understand

VIDEO

VIDEO FOR ORIGINAL POST

17' Accord Radio Static
I have 17 Touring Hybrid, its started doing this about 4 weeks ago. I recorded it and will be going to the dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How did you guys narrow the down to amplifier, care to explain your troubleshooting process?
Good evening, like stated above replacing anything but the audio head unit will not fix the issue mate. The issue is the AUDIO UNIT itself. Don’t waste any money replacing anything else as the issue will continue. Good luck mate!!!

Hi glad I found this, my 2017 Hybrid is also doing this, with the radio on or off, it seems after the car is hot or I have the heat on in the mornings. So do I just need to replace the Stereo unit, someone said its the front amp?

I have 17 Touring Hybrid, its started doing this about 4 weeks ago. I recorded it and will be going to the dealer.
Make sure when you take your Honda in they DO NOT CHARGE you a diagnostic fee as you know the Audio Head Unit is the problem and HAS TO HE REPLACED. If you make a claim thru American Honda they will cover 50/50 split of the cost via a GoodWill Claim. It is a manufactured defect and Honda is aware of the problem. Like I stated above, I went thru the same thing.. don’t waste anytime or money trying remedies to fix it. Again, only thing that will fix that static noise is a NEW AUDIO HEAD UNIT. Read my previous post above . Good luck mate . P.S. 50/50 cost was around 550USD$

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a 2016 Honda Accord and started experiencing the same problem a week ago. Today the noise from the speaker was extremely loud with and without the radio being on, schedule and appointment with dealership to run test and file a case with Honda headquarters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since my audio issue was resolved this week, I'll share my experience.

I have a 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L. The static came in loud and relentlessly, I too thought it had something to do with the heat until it was happening every day, even at night and when it was raining. I took my car to the dealer in July 2021. Initially, they said it was because I had too many peripherals plugged into the car - only had a USB block in the 12v for my dashcam and phone - recommended unplugging everything and it should resolve the issue. I thought it was BS, which it was. Took it back into the shop, they said it might be a two-prong issue, the audio and the noise-canceling causing the static - the tech did a factory reset and assured me it had been fixed. I picked my car up and the audio was fine for about an hour and then static came right back. Once again took my car back to the shop, this time they contacted Honda and created a service ticket. Honda recommended replacing the audio unit. However, the part was on backorder and they didn't know when it would be available. I ended up waiting about 4 months for this part to come in. After months of being bombarded with static, the car was finally fixed this week. I feel like I have a new car, however, I also feel like I'm suffering from PTSD because I keep on bracing myself, waiting for the static to come in. Hopefully, that feeling will pass.

Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for all of these posts. I have a 2016 Honda Touring and I've had the same problem for the last month. Took it in to one dealer and they did nothing. I just took the advice from above and got a case# from American Honda. After reading all of this, I believe that I will be replacing the radio unit. Thanks again to everybody.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, thanks for sharing all of your experiences. I started having the "Static Issue" a couple months ago and it has gotten out of control. It truly is unbearable and dangerous. I'm going in to the dealership on the 26th and will tell them just to replace the Audio Unit.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Hi all, thanks for sharing all of your experiences. I started having the "Static Issue" a couple months ago and it has gotten out of control. It truly is unbearable and dangerous. I'm going in to the dealership on the 26th and will tell them just to replace the Audio Unit.
Will it be warranty replacement? Else you're on hook footing the bill for services rendered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016EXL...same static issue replaced the whole thing in July 2021 cost $1384, gave me a one year warranty. It's now January 22, 2022, the unit just started doing again with the new unit. Going into Honda this morning. Logging the complaint at dealer and Anerican Honda. I will update.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Will it be warranty replacement? Else you're on hook footing the bill for services rendered.
Contact Honda America (READ MY PREVIOUS POST ABOVE) and they will cover a 50/50 split. Good luck mate!

2016EXL...same static issue replaced the whole thing in July 2021 cost $1384, gave me a one year warranty. It's now January 22, 2022, the unit just started doing again with the new unit. Going into Honda this morning. Logging the complaint at dealer and Anerican Honda. I will update.
I’d be BEYOND PISSED, that sound is unbearable! Quick question, after the NEW UNIT was installed does your radio freeze when play songs via APPLE PLAY or any source for that matter or blank out MPG to - - ? Mine seems to glitch up when I use the turn signal to turn right and the camera pops on.. it’s not a big enough deal for me to reach out but VERY VERY CURIOUS?!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since my audio issue was resolved this week, I'll share my experience.

I have a 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L. The static came in loud and relentlessly, I too thought it had something to do with the heat until it was happening every day, even at night and when it was raining. I took my car to the dealer in July 2021. Initially, they said it was because I had too many peripherals plugged into the car - only had a USB block in the 12v for my dashcam and phone - recommended unplugging everything and it should resolve the issue. I thought it was BS, which it was. Took it back into the shop, they said it might be a two-prong issue, the audio and the noise-canceling causing the static - the tech did a factory reset and assured me it had been fixed. I picked my car up and the audio was fine for about an hour and then static came right back. Once again took my car back to the shop, this time they contacted Honda and created a service ticket. Honda recommended replacing the audio unit. However, the part was on backorder and they didn't know when it would be available. I ended up waiting about 4 months for this part to come in. After months of being bombarded with static, the car was finally fixed this week. I feel like I have a new car, however, I also feel like I'm suffering from PTSD because I keep on bracing myself, waiting for the static to come in. Hopefully, that feeling will pass.

Good luck everyone.
I just wanted to follow up and see if the issue has been completely resolved for you mjndc since you replaced the audio unit. Has the issue come back?

No warranty but I'm going to follow LoggVB's advice and file a Goodwill Claim in order to get a 50/50 split with America Honda.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone same issue with the horrible noise, I live out of U.S so radio here us way more expensive. Since the number one recomendation is to change the audio unit, would it be better to just replace with an aftermarket unit? Has anyone tried this?

thanks

81 - 100 of 129 Posts