Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi everyone same issue with the horrible noise, I live out of U.S so radio here us way more expensive. Since the number one recomendation is to change the audio unit, would it be better to just replace with an aftermarket unit? Has anyone tried this?

thanks
Good morning mate. If you can’t afford OEM Unit go aftermarket. The NOISE is only going to get worse and worse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m experiencing this issue and absolutely vow to never buy a Honda again. They denied assistance with this issue. Im going deaf!

My car was purchased in Canada and then my wife moved to California where we now live. I cannot get a Honda USA audio unit because it has a different part number and cannot guarantee it will work. So they would have to get the part from Honda Canada and are quoting me $2600 for the part.

My recommendation is to not purchase a Honda and avoid it all together. There are too many options these days. Pick a company that wants your business.

I’ve never heard of an issue like this and a car deemed undriveable die to a audio unit issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wanted to chime in with my experience in my 2017 Accord Hybrid. I’ve installed an aftermarket 5 channel amp using a bypass harness from ebay and have so far installed only the two front channels and the sub, this was just to upgrade the OEM audio.
I was having very audible static noise and whine (under throttle). I thought my amp ground was bad but I made sure it was contacting well. I went out and got a ground loop isolator for the front channels, installed at the amp input. The noise reduced by about 95% and the whine is completely gone.
I read something about how poor RCA cables that are not twisted or shielded very well can introduce interference so I’m going to test using a twisted RCA cable without the isolator to see if thats whats causing the noise.
This is not the same problem. It is a deafening sound that has no volume control and still sound when the power button is off.

I will let my dealership know in the morning, last Monday marked 1 month trying to figure it out
Honda knows they have a problem with these radios. They have a 10 year warranty on the daytime running lights because they are crap. Honda needs the same thing on these radios. That sound is ridiculous.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Honda knows they have a problem with these radios. They have a 10 year warranty on the daytime running lights because they are crap. Honda needs the same thing on these radios. That sound is ridiculous.
Read my previous post. Make a claim with Honda America and the Audio unit must be replaced for a fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Radio static issue started for me about two weeks ago , The static started out low at first since I couldn’t turn it off the radio or lower the volume to noise became increasingly worse. At one point the static Was so deafening I had to pull the car over and shut the engine off because that was the only way it the radio would turn off..my left ear is still Ringing 24 hours later. I took it to the Honda dealer and was told that the radio was overheating and that it’s a known issue on these particular models.
Luckily I have a warranty that covers all parts and labor. I still have to deal with the noise because the part is not available yet.
Hope this helps. Tell your dealer about the overheating if you’re having his issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Radio static issue started for me about two weeks ago , The static started out low at first since I couldn’t turn it off the radio or lower the volume to noise became increasingly worse. At one point the static Was so deafening I had to pull the car over and shut the engine off because that was the only way it the radio would turn off..my left ear is still Ringing 24 hours later. I took it to the Honda dealer and was told that the radio was overheating and that it’s a known issue on these particular models.
Luckily I have a warranty that covers all parts and labor. I still have to deal with the noise because the part is not available yet.
Hope this helps. Tell your dealer about the overheating if you’re having his issue.
what year is your Honda Accord and what’s your warrant

·
Registered
18 Posts
Worth while investment it’s already given back more than i paid ….I have the 4 door sedan EX-L V6.
Hey guys, I unfortunately don't have a solution but I have uploaded a video of me having the same issue here:
Morning mate, I’m going to save you time.. the ONLY FIX is replacing the AUDIO HEAD UNIT. Good luck!

P.s. Read my previous post above, it’ll explain how to get 50/50 split from Honda!

·
https://t.me/accordsa
Honda Accord 2013 2.4 in saudi arabia
8 Posts

After searching for about six hours, I found the problem, which is caused by the high temperature of the component in the video, and I tested the amount of voltage coming out of it when it started, and I found it was six volts, and the sound was of excellent quality. By bringing a positive current of six volts from another capacitor and connecting it to it, the problem was solved, thankfully. I ran the unit for a whole day without stopping and everything works great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update 9/29/21 6:08 Am .. Honda got the audio unit in yesterday 9/28/21 I dropped my car off around 9:30am, car was ready for pick up around 4:30pm 9/28/21.. audio unit replaced WAS THE FIX. Feels like a new car! Total cost was 627.34 that was with a oil change and filter. Good luck mates!!!!!!

. View attachment 534549
Like I said before , American Honda will cover 50/50 here’s the proof for non-believers
Hi there,
Did they ever give you a error code or tech definition of the issue? My car is at the dealership right now with the dame issue. I have already called honda an opened a ticket. I am just trying to streamline this so i can get it replaced. Thanks in advance for any info.
Cisco

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there,
Did they ever give you a error code or tech definition of the issue? My car is at the dealership right now with the dame issue. I have already called honda an opened a ticket. I am just trying to streamline this so i can get it replaced. Thanks in advance for any info.
Cisco
Good morning mate. Unfortunately this problem doesn’t have a ERROR CODE, all the Honda Techs were baffled! My faulty Audio Head Unit was sent to American Honda so they could further investigate the issues and maybe deem it a RECALL.

·
Registered
1 Posts

After searching for about six hours, I found the problem, which is caused by the high temperature of the component in the video, and I tested the amount of voltage coming out of it when it started, and I found it was six volts, and the sound was of excellent quality. By bringing a positive current of six volts from another capacitor and connecting it to it, the problem was solved, thankfully. I ran the unit for a whole day without stopping and everything works great.
Can you please show us close up pictures of exactly what you used and exactly where you soldered it on both ends?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Accord is a 2016 with 55k miles and started making the noise exactly as everyone describes. My car is at the dealership. The amp was replaced and did not fix the issue. According to the forum, I'm bracing for the head unit to be replaced but someone said it happened again one year later. This should definately qualify as a safety recall. It's ear damaging and hinders the ability to hear emergency vehicles. I hope you're reading these threads Honda!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I replaced the amp and still have the same problem.
Only fix is to REPLACE AUDIO HEAD UNIT. I REPEAT!

My Accord is a 2016 with 55k miles and started making the noise exactly as everyone describes. My car is at the dealership. The amp was replaced and did not fix the issue. According to the forum, I'm bracing for the head unit to be replaced but someone said it happened again one year later. This should definately qualify as a safety recall. It's ear damaging and hinders the ability to hear emergency vehicles. I hope you're reading these threads Honda!
I’ve said this 50x in this post ( read my previous post not going to retype everything) ONLY FIX IS REPLACEMENT OF AUDIO HEAD UNIT. Don’t waste any time or money. End of story. Good luck mate.

101 - 120 of 127 Posts