Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I just registered on this forum. I have an 04 2.4L Manual Accord and I'm looking to put some aftermarket wheels on. I found a guy selling his 18" Genesis wheels for $350, is that a decent price?

Secondly, I looked at the bolt patterns and they match, but I just want to ensure they will fit properly. Does anyone have any experience installing Genesis wheels on our 7th gen?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Price is what you are willing to pay. There is a couple of guys here running 19" genesis wheels here....yes, they'll fit.
Ah i see. And if I get the tires for an 18" wheel, like 225/45-18, will i have to modify my fenders or anything else in any way to be able to fit larger wheels + tires? Thanks for your help!

·
Accordial
36 Posts
Thats a great price.. I'm actually kind of jealous, been looking for the same for my car and can't find them cheaper than $1000 on CL around here:thumbsdow

As far as your question about them fitting, to my knowledge they should fit just fine without any modification

·
Legitimate hack
1,415 Posts
OP, You never mentioned if these were going on a coupe or sedan. That being said, $350 for a set of Genesis wheels is a hell of a deal and were it me, I'd jump all over it. Also, be advised that the genesis wheels have an offset between +30 an +35. Its fairly aggressive for a sedan but can be pulled off nicely with a decent drop and the right sized tires. OEM rolling diameter for an 18" wheel is either a 215/45 or 235/40. If you have a coupe, the wider tire will fit nicely with a fender roll and not poke. If you have a sedan, fender roll, slight pull and some negative camber for either size tire. More pull and camber for the wider tire though.

·
Legitimate hack
1,415 Posts
And? The 18's still have the offset I mention. The diameter means nothing in this case.

·
Legitimate hack
1,415 Posts

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
Price is what you are willing to pay. There is a couple of guys here running 19" genesis wheels here....yes, they'll fit.
Well...I was one of them but sold them a few months back lol They are just so dang heavy and after having to replace both front axles which were shot, I decided to ditch them and go back to my 18" 10-spokes

But OP, as Z has stated - Hyundai OEM wheels run a much lower offset than our Honda wheels - so you may run into rubbing issues if you aren't at least rolled in the rear. You shouldn't need pulled. I sported the 19" Track edition wheels. Yes, $350 is a great deal - but also consider the cost of tires in a 19" size...quite pricey. I highly suggest Discount Tire Direct - I use them every time I am buying a set of all 4 new tires and they will price match / beat any competitor + FREE S/H :D

·
Sealed with ceramic coat
132 Posts
Well...I was one of them but sold them a few months back lol They are just so dang heavy and after having to replace both front axles which were shot]

Are you saying that the lower offset of the Genesis track wheels damaged the axles?

·
Carpe Diem
2,565 Posts
I think he was implying that the heavy wheels damaged the axles. Not sure I agree with that, it was probably more coincidence than anything.

·
Just got my 11 EX sedan!
182 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts