Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for owners with the 235/45/18 tire size stock... what brand tire came on your car and what are your thoughts?

Here in Canada the Sport and Touring models come with 18s.

2013s came with Michelin Primacy MXM4
2014s came with Goodyear Eagle LR2
2015s Some came with Michelin (Jan-March) the rest now have Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS

I just missed out having the Michelin Primacy on my build as my car was made in April.... little upset about this as I have had trouble with my current set of 235/45/18 Goodyear LR2s... they flat spot in only a few hours because I heat them up and park on cold garage floor...

Then I jump on the highway which is only minutes from my house.

I asked the dealer to borrow a Touring with the Bridgestone Potenza.. tried to simulate parking it after a drive but could only do it for a few hours... no shimmy or vibration in the steering wheel.

I test drove my new car that has been sitting at the dealer over night (and on the lot for a few weeks)... it had a very light shimmy at 60mph... is that normal for these tires? They feel harder than typical Grand Touring All-Seasons.... I really don't want another nightmare of balancing... or buying new tires so early.

Attachments

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should say that all Touring V6 still come with Michelin Primacy, as do the V6 EX-L... while the I4 EX-L come with Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.

I even asked the dealer if they would swap the tires from another model on the lot.. no dice. :(

The Michelin Primacy cost about $300 more than the Bridgestones....

·
Registered
267 Posts
My Sport came with the Bridgestone tires. I drive my car on weekends only so during the week it sits in the garage. No flat spotting that I can tell. The tires are very grippy and smooth. Also quiet, I'm very impressed by them.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
My car came with the RE97AS Bridgestones. They had good grip in both wet and dry conditions, good resistance to hydroplaning. They were a bit noisy but that doesn't bother me. Then about 23K miles I noticed excessive tread wear on the inside of the right rear, the inside couple of inches were at 2/32 while the rest of the tire was about 5/32. They had been rotated at 10K and the alignment checked at 10K miles, there were no problems at that time.

I think the uneven wear was caused by excessive toe but I can't be sure. I took it to the dealer for alignment and the service department screwed up the alignment so bad I could barely keep the car going in a straight line on the way home. Next day I took it to a local tire store that has done good work for me before and they found both the front and rear toe way out of specs. I believe the tire wear was caused by excessive negative toe but I can't be sure because of the poor alignment by the dealer. I don't know how it got out of alignment, I haven't hit any curbs and I'm the only one who drives the car.

Anyway the alignment is now right on and the car drives good again. I just bought a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 from Costco. Too soon to say how they will perform but I can say they are quieter than the RE97s were.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine came with the Bridgestones. I have about 3500 miles and i've come to the conclusion that these tires are great in the city but terribly noisy at speed. IDK why

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine came with the Bridgestones. I have about 3500 miles and i've come to the conclusion that these tires are great in the city but terribly noisy at speed. IDK why
That seems to be the consensus... they get noisy as they wear.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just asking cause they didn't want to change your tires. I asked for them to be Michelins.
Well it helps when your car already comes with Michelins.

I'm sure they can order new tires for me if I were to pay out of pocket. I would if I could pay a small difference... not $1100.

When I did the deal I was under the impression they had one on the lot with Michelins (January build date) but it turns out to be a car they have yet to deliver to the customer... so out of 5 White Tourings they had on the lot they all have Bridgestones.

I even checked stock on two other dealers both had Bridgestones only... I have been working on a deal since January on a new car I had no Idea Honda would make a tire switch partway through a model year. Frustrating.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts