Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any Sport rim owners put on 245/45 tires? Any noticable upgrade? I'm looking to upgrade to 245/45/18 BFG Sport Comp-2's. I drive very aggressive and want the best grip out of my tires at a reasonable price.. I've come from Yoko Es100 and Kuhmo SPT's. The oem good years perform ok but i need more grip and stiffer side walls

·
Registered
288 Posts
Michelin Pilot Super Sport?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've looked at the Pilots but for the wear, performance, and price its too much out of my pocket. Anybody experience with the BFG comp-2 or Pilots?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Id stick with 245/40R18 which will be identical the the overall diameter to the stock ... the 45 series will be taller

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has any Sport rim owners put on 245/45 tires? Any noticable upgrade? I'm looking to upgrade to 245/45/18 BFG Sport Comp-2's. I drive very aggressive and want the best grip out of my tires at a reasonable price.. I've come from Yoko Es100 and Kuhmo SPT's. The oem good years perform ok but i need more grip and stiffer side walls
i've had the ES100 before on an integra gs-r and they were great - not too stiff, but quick turn-in and great performance. accord is a much heavier car - i wouldn't expect the same performance out of the tire, but i wouldn't hesitate to use them again. any summer tire will be better than what you have on now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts