Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

18s or 19s for 4dr 8th gen? ride quality

10K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  wrecknrob 
#1 ·
so im looking at buying new rims for my 08 accord, keep in mind its a daily driver. i would love to see some pics of 18s vs 19s on the 4dr please. Also as for ride quality is it that much of a difference from 18 to 19? i want to be able to fill the whole wheelw which is why im leaning towards the 19s... unless they ride quality is just complete garbage then ill just stick to the boring 18s with a higher profile tire. any suggestions??????
thanks! :smile

#5 ·
Here's my baby with 19s. Love em! Wheel gap is non existent with my coils. And the side gap is also basically gone. Not everyone's cup of tea though... Living in new York.. A lot of people get upset because I drive slow mostly. To avoid bent rims and worst.. Happened to my enkei rs7 wheel. My ride quality is not garbage. It surely isn't stock but I personally felt stock is too bouncy and loose for my taste. With My coils my ride is sporty stiff not...rock solid stiff lol them again I do also have the 19mm tl sway bar. I still drive very carefully specially on the highway, unexpected dip on the road could cause substantial scraping. Rant over had a baby been a while since I been able to post. My specs are in my sig

Attachments

Reactions: Antonovich
#6 ·
#7 ·
I was facing the same dilemma, except I was debating 19s or 20s, I tried 18" v6 coupe wheels and while the car looked decent it still seemed too miniscule a change and due to the big wheel wells I opted for something bigger. My main reason for going 19s was due to the fact I can run a 40 series without any modifications to the fenders, which would probably have been out of the question had I gone the 20 inch route. Also I found a hell of a deal for acura rdx 19s BNIB for 450, save for the 2hr round trip it took. I'm waiting for my coils to come in and once they are I will finally post a pic and perhaps be a more active member. I tend to lurk due to my cars stockish appearance at the moment. My 0.02 go with 19s

#9 ·
Beautiful car and location @ slick

#13 ·
18s or 19s?

I debated this for some time, and then scrapped the 18s idea just because of how big the wheel wells are on the 8th gen. My debate then shifted to 19s vs 20s, I ended up opting for 19s. I felt for daily driving the rotating mass would not be that much more then the stocks and I could still fit tires with decent height so I wouldn't have to feel every bump in the road. After a month, no complaints, I'm on 245/40/19 Falkens, on 19" Acura RDX wheels. I really just commute to and from work/school so no spirited driving here, I just cruise with my son. Road noise is no worse then what it was with the stock 17s, ride feels smoother, but then again my stocks where down to less then half life. The biggest anticipated problem I though was going to be a rough ride, but the 40 series provides enough meat to cushion the ride. No drop yet, but will soon put Tein SA on. One thing I like with the 19s is that they fill the gap well so there is really no need to slam the car. Maybe 1" and it would be perfect IMO, which is what I am doing, just enough to be flush with the fender line.

My $0.02, go with 19s, you will be happier in the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.